Sherlock (2010) BBC Series Discussion Thread

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    OMG I feel bad because....

...I'm almost...
    more excited about that period piece special than about Spectre
    @-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Superb! A great mix of light comedy and very dark atmosphere. It feels extremely Victorian, which I am happy about. The cinematography is wonderful, and the story seems to evoke the haunting gloom of some of Doyle's best tales, making it seem like we'll be getting a little Halloween for Christmas what with all the cultist imagery. ;) I wonder if we'll see other Holmes characters in Victorian garb besides Sherlock, John, Mary and Mrs. Hudson?

I'm through the roof that we'll get a little Sherlock to cap off the year, even if we have to wait until early 2017 to see the next series. This was quite a great thing for Moffat and Gatiss to do.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I see you didn't spot DI Lestrade :-B look again carefully my friend!
    I must admit, his hairdo fooled me at first ;) .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I see you didn't spot DI Lestrade :-B look again carefully my friend!

Drat, I was so focused on Sherlock, John and Mary that I completely blocked him out. I blame the sideburns...

By the way, does anyone else get a Young Sherlock Holmes vibe from this? I do, and love it!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I will watch this at home tonight. Sorry I have not yet! Other pressing items in my life ... but I will. AND I want confirmation of how long. Honestly, when I first heard about this, long time ago now, I thought it would be just a teaser, like 20 minutes long. !!!! I really want a legitimate special. Can we find out? :-SS
    @4EverBonded it's 90 minutes long, it has been confirmed by someone from the production already. It will be a proper one :D
    Footage from the filming here, right at the beginning.

@Gerard, thank you so much for this! I will enjoy it later when I have time.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/625569-sherlock-the-abominable-bride-will-air-on-new-years-day

"Sherlock - The abominable Bride" will air on new-years-day in the UK as well as in the US.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    CSFd9b9WEAAULRg.jpg

CSFjdVRWsAECK_t.jpg

And new images :D
    CSGYrO_W0AAUyJ7.jpg
    CSGYriwWUAA2C2-.jpg
    CSGYucNWoAEjUNT.png
    The Abominable Bride?

The Noble Bachelor? :-?
    Those posters are fantastic! What a great way to see in the New Year too!!! :-bd
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, great posters, can't wait to see this.
    This has certainly sorted my tv viewing that night!!! :))
    New sneak peak :D

Second trailer ;

January can't come quickly enough.
    Looks as if the characters are introduced anew. Are they testing or even planning the option of a period series? :-?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Really looking forward to seeing this.
    Love those old Rathbone style posters!
    Nice! I love the vintage feel and daguerreotype like photography!

Why can't we get stylish posters like this for the Bond films like we used to have?
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 5,821
    Indeed. Great stuff, very reminiscent of the old Basil Rathbone film posters.

And it's Emilia Ricoletti, plaed by Natasha O'Keefe. At least, according to IMDB.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Oh good, consider it ordered :-).

I don´t care how many discs, as long as I get the episode asap.

Although a second disc would be intruiging if true...
    Do we think there's that many bonus features to warrant a second disc? That'd be awesome! I'd also love to have a commentary track from Moffat, Gatiss and some of the cast.
    Gerard wrote: »
    And it's Emilia Ricoletti, plaed by Natasha O'Keefe. At least, according to IMDB.
    BINGO.

In The Musgrave Ritual (Memoirs) we can read: "But there are some pretty little problems among them. Here’s the record of the Tarleton murders, and the case of Vamberry, the wine merchant, and the adventure of the old Russian woman, and the singular affair of the aluminum crutch, as well as a full account of Ricoletti of the club-foot, and his abominable wife."
    edited December 2015 Posts: 12,459
    So I do get to see this in the theater in Japan! In FEBRUARY, but still ... in a theater! Yay! Do we know when the dvd will go on sale? Just went to the site; yes on sale Jan. 11th. :)
    ggl007 wrote: »

Really looking forward this show once again!!! <:-P