Everything or Nothing Vs. Blood Stone

13»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd say it is, depending on your motivation to play it. Expect the latest in video game technology and you'll be sorely disappointed. Content yourself with a game that immerses the Bond fan into a fairly enjoyable James Bond adventure that makes adequate use of the most common COD features and you'll be pleased. I grab Bloodstone each time I have a lazy Sunday afternoon to fill and dive into a game that I will admit has its limitations but is nevertheless an overall satisfying experience if you're not too harsh on the developers for not bringing anything trend setting or innovative to the table.
    cheers will buy it probably reasonably cheap now. i played the quantum of solace game is it better than that?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    cheers will buy it probably reasonably cheap now. i played the quantum of solace game is it better than that?

YES YES YES YES YES!
    Ha ha i took quantum back to the shop after playing it for a few hours and swapped it, hated it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ha ha i took quantum back to the shop after playing it for a few hours and swapped it, hated it.

The multiplayer is absolutely atrocious. Would've been brilliant if the stupid FRWL shotgun wasn't so overpowered. It is spammed by almost all the players, and the only way to insure you do better than average is to join them in using it. Absolute garbage. There are only two modes to play as well considering no one is playing the other modes anymore. Just generic team deathmatch.
    Found the game too restrictive think i got as far as the opera house and just gave up. i see there is a new goldeneye game out. is that any good?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Found the game too restrictive think i got as far as the opera house and just gave up. i see there is a new goldeneye game out. is that any good?

It's good. It plays like COD, but it feels like Bond (unlike QoS, which still felt like COD).
    will give it a go could do with buying some new games.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    edited January 2012 Posts: 202
    After Goldeneye 007 on the N64 I thought no Bond game could top it. While I think GE007 is the better game, I think EON is the better Bond Game. I've not played Bloodstone so I can't compare. However, it seems to me that the 3rd person camera helps you feel like you're watching a Bond movie, and will I love FPS games I feel like they don't quite fit with the Bond universe.

I mean, while Bond does use his a gun a lot, it's not on the mass-murdering level of your average FPS! :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    After Goldeneye 007 on the N64 I thought no Bond game could top it. While I think GE007 is the better game, I think EON is the better Bond Game. I've not played Bloodstone so I can't compare. However, it seems to me that the 3rd person camera helps you feel like you're watching a Bond movie, and will I love FPS games I feel like they don't quite fit with the Bond universe.

I mean, while Bond does use his a gun a lot, it's not on the mass-murdering level of your average FPS! :D

Yeah, but the problem is, because GoldenEye 007 on the 64 was such a good and well-loved game, it instilled in us a sense that we need FPS Bond games, even if the 3rd person games feel more like the films.
    bloodstone was is and will always be way better then Everything of nothing.
  • Everything or nothing is the ideal Bond video Game. Bloodstone was more intense but overall for James Bond I prefer 3rd person over 1st.
    Batman23 wrote:
    Everything or nothing is the ideal Bond video Game. Bloodstone was more intense but overall for James Bond I prefer 3rd person over 1st.

Blood Stone was 3rd person.
    Let's see:

Bloodstone: Run, take cover, shoot a guy in the head, shoot another guy in the head, melee a guy, run, take cover, shoot another guy in the head, melee another guy, use free headshot mechanic, drive car through driving course, take cover and shoot more guys in head. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Everything or Nothing: Shoot a guy and/or punch and/or kick a guy, climb up a wall, climb down an exploding building while being shot at, race on a motorcycle or in a car, freefall down a cliff after a plummeting damsel, fight Jaws, ride a bike onto a train, sneak through the train cars, use gadgets from John Cleese, battle Willem Dafoe, romance Heidi Klum and Shannon Elizabeth and Mya, race cars, escape a doomsday device, give a woman a massage . . .

Both are fun, but EON definitely captures the feeling of living a Bond movie much better. Also, while you can speed through Bloodstone in a few hours, EON you can really dig into. Wish more Bond game were like EON.

Though, personally, FRWL is the best third-person Bond game.

I just picked up EON at GameStop for $3.99. Fired up my PS2 and got about 4 levels deep.I played it when it first came out and never got around to beating it, I think I got stumped at a driving level. I was looking forward to playing through it but I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I feel like the game design is dated and very frustrating - I still play older games such as MGS (PS1) and other ones of that ilk, so I know it's not me just being a modern gamer.

The shooting mechanics are driving me crazy, is as the enemy's ability to endlessly respawn. I did like the cinematics I've seen so far and the opening song/title sequence was better than the one I saw in Blood Stone, but aside from that I haven't been too impressed so far.

I'm still trying to reacquire Blood Stone on the cheap. I did enjoy parts of that one and had it when it first came out, but I remember being disappointed by it too. The only thing I remember was the driving levels which would make me want to tear out my hair.
    ultrabox wrote:
    I'm still trying to reacquire Blood Stone on the cheap.

How are you not capable of doing this? I bought it for $20 6 months after it came out, on Amazon.
    Everything or Nothing hands down- probarly the best Bond game since Goldeneye 64

Bloodstone despite its beautiful graphics is nothing but dull
    ultrabox wrote:

How are you not capable of doing this? I bought it for $20 6 months after it came out, on Amazon.

It's still $20 at GameStop, not cheap enough. I'll probably get it off of Amazon in the next week or two.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    EON for me.
    ultrabox wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

It's still $20 at GameStop, not cheap enough. I'll probably get it off of Amazon in the next week or two.

GameStop's prices suck now. That's probably why I don't go there often anymore.
    ultrabox wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

GameStop's prices suck now. That's probably why I don't go there often anymore.

That's true. I'm growing tired of them. The only reason I still go there is because I'm exchanging games for credit, which makes the prices reasonable. Now that my collection has gotten back down to the bones, I'm starting to see their prices as being ridiculous.
    Can anybody Imagine how great a remake of everything or nothing would be on our nex gen consoles
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    what actually happens in everything or nothing i did have it and did quite well but got scratched
    Bloodstone is the best of the Activision Bond games but that's not saying much.

Everything Or Nothing is brilliant and it has tons of variety, great set pieces, fun gadgets, great chases, long mostly non linear levels, Jaws and Willam Dafoe. Knocks BS (ha) out of the park basically.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Blood stone dont laugh got stuck on the first bit when you have to steal the suitcase that was it want it?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Everything or Nothing by far. I played Bloodstone and found it to be fun but the story wasn't too great and it seems like whenever Bond had to do a driving sequence, there was always a conveniently placed Aston Martin car. It threw me out of the story a bit. EoN gelled well and had a good story even if it was too over the top for a Bond film, but it made the perfect Bond game. :)
  • I never really played everything or nothing,but i've player bloodstone. its quite good for a activision game xD