Everything or Nothing Vs. Blood Stone

Comments

• Yes, and it is marred by shotgunning fools.

GoldenEye 007 on the Wii is plagued by this very same problem. That, and grenade spammers who seem to have unlimited grenades.

It is nearly impossible to find a multiplayer game nowadays where the shotguns aren't overpowered. A sad, but true fact.

I agree on the shotgun thing. One of the reasons I stopped playing battlefield BC2.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote:
    And dare I say it, EON does a better job of capturing the feel of it's era. It is the 5th Brosnan film in all but it's medium.

Where have I seen Brosnan Bond skydiving after something before? ;)

Ah, but the CGI was better in EON. ;)

EON was the only one that used CG. Blood Stone used the in-game graphics engine the whole way (not counting the title sequence).

I was actually taking about GE. I had forgotten that Bond jumps out of the plane at the start of BS.

That was still the in-game engine.

Do you mean the film GE or the Craig game GE? Because unless Reloaded uses some, there's still no CG in GE other than the title sequence.

Ah, I see, I meant the film GE.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i like both games.. but i think Everything Or Nothing is still better.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Risico007 wrote:
    And whose bright idea is it to proximity mine a whole freaking level SERIOUSLY!

I respawn and am killed by the same guy twice by a proximity mine!

How idiotic... Back in GE007 on the N64, I only used to put promixity mines on one wall of something... And kept forgetting which wall the proximity mines were on... most of the times I ended up blown up by my own mines... But putting such mines on a whole level ? Seems totally idiotic.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    And whose bright idea is it to proximity mine a whole freaking level SERIOUSLY!

I respawn and am killed by the same guy twice by a proximity mine!

How idiotic... Back in GE007 on the N64, I only used to put promixity mines on one wall of something... And kept forgetting which wall the proximity mines were on... most of the times I ended up blown up by my own mines... But putting such mines on a whole level ? Seems totally idiotic.

Blowing myself up was the very reason I stopped using prox mines and started using remote. And thankfully, I haven't run into anybody on GE007Wii using prox mines on the whole level. Just relentless grenade spammers.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I hate playing online for any game whatsoever... It's impossible to have fun when hordes if idiots ruin your gaming experience by playing like they were 11 years old... sometimes I wonder if they are any adults on XBOXlive... I once tried F1 2011 online... never gonna try again.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I may play online, but only because good, competitive, split screen multiplayer has gone out the window.

Oh, and BTW, most people who play games online are 11 or (mostly) younger.

I play GE007Wii online because the players there seem to be more mature (except for the occasional grenade spammer or shotgun master).

This is a real shame.

A real shame that is.

Yeah. It is. My friend and I stopped playing MW2 online because of those kids who, because their parents have coddled them and held the evils of the world at bay, can't have any idea what the story is about, and would probably start to cry when they find out the world is really like that.
    I was referring to Quantum Of Solace online I played GoldenEye reloaded only once online and it was OK. not great.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I was referring to Quantum Of Solace online I played GoldenEye reloaded only once online and it was OK. not great.

I figured that. I was talking about my experiences on GE007Wii's MP.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Honestly I don't know. Both have some good points and both represent the respectable eras ;

Everything Or Nothing is basically Die Another Day 2 and Bloodstone is Bond 22.5.

Another one is gadget heavy and another one is not. Another one has an over the top plot / gameplay and another one is more down to earth (without forgetting explosions here and there) or basically like Craig films so far.

With Everything Or Nothing I feel like I'm inside a Brosnan movie. With Bloodstone I feel like I'm in a Craig movie.
    But EON's definitely has few points that make it more exciting. That freefall sequence and that one mission after the credits. The one you're rappeling down the wall.
    SharkBait wrote:
    Everything Or Nothing is basically Die Another Day 2 and Bloodstone is Bond 22.5.

I don't know if I agree with this. EoN is so much better than DAD, and Blood Stone doesn't feel like QoS to me at all.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,107
    That's why I said 22 and a half. Just that short of 23 ;)

And EoN, if it was a movie, it would be even more ludicrous than Die Another Day. Out of this world OTT plot with even more bad cgi than Die Another Day had. So, as a movie, if I'd see it, I'd probably gouge my eyes out from embarrasment. To me, EoN works as kind of a hybrid of a videogame and movie. After Die Another Day, I wouldn't want another, even more over the top film like EoN. The whole nanobots plot....nah.... woudn't want to see that. Even from Piercey boy, I would've expected a more "down to earth" film after Die Another Day.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Well, I agree when saying that Bond Games are a "half-way" to the real ones.
    Nightfire: 20,5
    EoN: 20,7
    Blood Stone: 22,5

Hehe, i wonder how would it be if the games would be really considered as Bond movies.

we'd be at Bond 28 now. lol

EDIT: Thanks for the update, @Agent007391. xD
    TWINE-19
    AUF-20
    DAD-21
    NF-22
    EON-23
    CR-24
    QOS-25
    BS-26
    (?)Craig's GE-27
    SF-28
    EON because it doesnt have piss weak villians and a completely anti climax of an ending
    SharkBait wrote:
    That's why I said 22 and a half. Just that short of 23 ;)

And EoN, if it was a movie, it would be even more ludicrous than Die Another Day. Out of this world OTT plot with even more bad cgi than Die Another Day had. So, as a movie, if I'd see it, I'd probably gouge my eyes out from embarrasment. To me, EoN works as kind of a hybrid of a videogame and movie. After Die Another Day, I wouldn't want another, even more over the top film like EoN. The whole nanobots plot....nah.... woudn't want to see that. Even from Piercey boy, I would've expected a more "down to earth" film after Die Another Day.

actually it would have been awesome as i thought that Pierce's portrayal was actually less cheesy than DAD. if it was going to be a movie they would have to add other scenes such as backstory for Katayas Charater and such but lets face it it would have been awesome...shame that it never happened but still record all the cutscenes and add them together and you got a bond film...now if they made a game for Timothy Dalton...
    002 wrote:
    now if they made a game for Timothy Dalton...

Much as a lot of us would like that, it'll never happen.
    002 wrote:

Much as a lot of us would like that, it'll never happen.

its possible- make a rival bond like charater and have timothy voice it :D no easy task but he did do the voice of a hedgehog...
    He did? When?
    toy story 3
    I've never seen Toy Story 3. I lost interest in Toy Story in the many, many years between 2 and 3.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    002 wrote:

Now that i'd like to see. Bond#17 turned into a game. B-)
    BS? you're kidding me? Come on, this article should not have been made at all. We all know that BS can't even get 100 feet close to EON.
    Except that Daniel Craig in Blood Stone can run faster than Pierce Brosnan in EON, meaning that the gap can be closed easily.
    yeah but Bloodstone suffered from bad control movement, dull charaters and if it wasnt for the brilliant car chases it would be very dull game experience...

EON had everything that made a bond game/film special
    Correct. :D
    002 wrote:
    yeah but Bloodstone suffered from bad control movement, dull charaters and if it wasnt for the brilliant car chases it would be very dull game experience...

EON had everything that made a bond game/film special

Bad control movement? I thought that Blood Stone had the best control movement for a third person 007 game. EoN's control movement annoys the crud out of me! Also, the gameplay in Blood Stone is a lot smoother than EoN, which is a little choppy in my opinion. However, you've got me on the villains. EoN's storyline and villains are much more classic Bond than Blood Stone's.
    Recent bond game i have played is goldeneye 007 on the wii. never bothered with bloodstone at the time the reviews i read were not good, is it worth a look?