Craig: 'Politicians Are Sh*theads & Backstabbers' also meets Cameron at Pinewood.

13»

Comments

Personally, it just seems he's showing off to me and people don't like a show off ;)
    I read an interview with DC about the Stiegson movie and it is an interesting interview where he comes of being sympathetic and friendly without a single curse. I just prefer it that way.
    I agree with BAIN123, when I hear people swear constantly it does sound like they are showing off or trying to sound edgy.
    One thing for sure, he never TRIES to be something - he just is. That you might not like, but he as far removed from a show off as anybody can possibly be. I remember, there was a swear box on the set of Golden Compass just for him. Its the way he talks for whatever reason. That he can do without is proved in TV interviews, where, of course, there is no cursing. He doesn't do himself a favour with it, I agree, but its not for showing off.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    It is a bit annoying though sometimes I feel. Common Dan you're bigger and better than that ;)
    Germanlady wrote:
    One thing for sure, he never TRIES to be something - he just is. That you might not like, but he as far removed from a show off as anybody can possibly be. I remember, there was a swear box on the set of Golden Compass just for him. Its the way he talks for whatever reason. That he can do without is proved in TV interviews, where, of course, there is no cursing. He doesn't do himself a favour with it, I agree, but its not for showing off.
    A swear box. That's funny. OK I'm over it. >:D< At least he's not cussing in an aggressive hostile imitidating kinda way. He drops a few bombs here and there when he's looking to emphasize a point. No more bitching from me. O:-)

St_George wrote:
    [
    To be honest, I'm a little surprised there's peeps on here who appear so irritated by it. Many things irritate me in life and swearing in public sometimes is one of them - but it's most certainly not top of my list. For me, there's really bigger fish to fry in the world right now... ;)

For some on here if they can find a chink in Dans armour outrage with him follows.
    timmer wrote:
    A swear box. That's funny. OK I'm over it. >:D< At least he's not cussing in an aggressive hostile imitidating kinda way. He drops a few bombs here and there when he's looking to emphasize a point. No more bitching from me. O:-)

:)
    Truer words have never been spoken, Dan-o. :-j
  • Might have been a little "strained' shall we say?
    http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/44025/dave_meets_bond.html

The PM got plenty of coverage for his preview of the shake-up of funding for British films, with a new emphasis on 'mainstream' rather than uncommercial prospects.

Pix also emerged of him sitting in a directors' chair alongside Downton Abbey's Julian Fellowes.

The Fellowes photocall was fine, but the 'money shot' would obviously have been the PM on the set of the new Bond movie - alongside Bond himself.

Sadly, no such record exists.

I hear that Dave did indeed meet Daniel Craig, but the moviemakers didn't want any publicity at all and Downing Street kept their word not to mention it. The contents of their conversation are, ahem, strictly classified.

It was all very, very hush-hush. If I told you any more, I'd have to shoot you.

It is curious, though. Not many movies would want to turn down a chance to have a publicity pic with the British Prime Minister.

Clearly Skyfall is different, possibly nervous of any press or TV being allowed anywhere near their highly-secret set and leaking details of their plots.

It's a shame, given that Cam is a big Bond fan (Roger Moore is his era, rather than Sean Connery).

He could also have shared his expertise on budget cuts. After all, we learned today that Skyfall is having to shoot in Bognor Regis because it simply lacks the cash for far-flung overseas locations...
    And before Cameron came on, there was a certain Blair all over the place..