Fallout TV series (2024- )

Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
edited April 13 in General Movies & TV Posts: 23,387
Only watched the first 2 episodes so far though loving this show, I own all the games from Fallout 3 onward though only played Fallout 3 and 4.

The series is leaning heavily into the third game from what i have watched which i am happy about as the 3rd game is phenomenal.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 13 Posts: 23,387

Trailer for those who may not be familiar with the game or show, Fallout is from the team that brought us Westworld.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 14 Posts: 23,387
    Just watched episode 3, this show is outstanding one of the best I have seen in years.

The show feels totally authentic to itself, and wow its visually stunning, it is one of the best looking TV shows I have seen.

I definitely need to buy the soundtrack and score for this show.
    Episode 4 was brilliant horror, at times I thought I was watching Alien, this show is a masterpiece.

Walton Goggins has created one of the greatest TV characters here.

I think I love Lucy, such a badass.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My friend and I have watched the first 4 episodes and loved every minute of it so far. The set design is so fantastic and ripped right out of the games. I'd love to visit those sets.
    Murdock wrote: »
    My friend and I have watched the first 4 episodes and loved every minute of it so far. The set design is so fantastic and ripped right out of the games. I'd love to visit those sets.

Watching episode five now, this show is amazing. The practical sets are eye popping. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games, they have totally nailed it with this show.

---

OMG this is next level, one scene sent chills. This is one of the greatest TV shows I have ever seen, Jonathon Nolan and team are genius.
    edited April 15 Posts: 23,387
    @Murdock just watched episode 6, if they stick the landing this will be the best first season of any TV show. This is better than the first seasons of Westworld and Heroes.

I cant believe which actor turns up in episode 7.

I like that Dogmeat always
    follows the head.
    Just watched the finale, this is scary as hell because it is true.This is absolutely devastating, my eyes welled up many times during this show.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You all have me even more excited for this show. Kicking myself over not having started it this weekend but I hope to when I get a chance throughout the week.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    You all have me even more excited for this show. Kicking myself over not having started it this weekend but I hope to when I get a chance throughout the week.

I probably have some recency biased as been playing the games, saying that i have watched a few of the episodes twice already. everything about the show is perfect for me.

Prime made a mistake dropping it all at once, this show could have trended and been theorized about for a few months.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm really trying to pace myself with it but it's very difficult. Watched an episode and a half just today.

It's literally everything I've wanted from a Fallout show.

Let's hope Netflix doesn't drop the ball with the eventual Bioshock film.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I am completely unfamiliar with Fallout, how ya’ll feel it will play for someone not knowledgeable of the games ?
    talos7 wrote: »
    I am completely unfamiliar with Fallout, how ya’ll feel it will play for someone not knowledgeable of the games ?

It will be easy to jump on board, though just so you are aware it is very violent and quite bizarre at times, it also has a lot of political satire. The first ten minutes is a great introduction to what is going on and is good world building.

The show is a fusion of retro future and westerns, if you like the 1950's you will love this show..
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looks good, thanks…
    edited April 27 Posts: 23,387
    Rewatched the show it just gets better, I hope there is a boxset I can purchase.

Very happy to see this is hitting huge numbers on streaming viewer figures.

The Fallout Season 1 viewing figures are absolutely INSANE, no wonder Season 2 was confirmed so quickly
    https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/the-fallout-season-1-viewing-figures-are-absolutely-insane-no-wonder-season-2-was-confirmed-so-quickly#:~:text=For the time period of April 12 -,views, and an astonishing 2.5 billion minutes watched.