Would you rather a future adventure whisk Bond to Canada OR Australia?

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    A handy list would show the following:

Civilian
    • Honey Ryder
    • Tatiana Romanov
    • Pussy Galore
    • Domino
    • Tracy
    • Tiffany...though one make the case that since she was a diamond smuggler by trade she was somewhat experienced
    • Solitaire
    • Melina Havelock
    • Stacey Sutton
    • Kara Milvoy
    • Natayala
    • Christmas Jones
    • Camille
    • Madeline Swann

Spy or Agent
    • Aki/Kissy
    • Mary Goodnight
    • Anya Amasova
    • Holly Goodhead
    • Octopussy
    • Pam Bouvier
    • Wai Lin
    • Jinx
    • Vesper Lynd
    • Nomi(?) not really the leading lady
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'd rather have her be a civilian, personally. It complicates Bond's life, add an extra dimension to his mission and I'm fed up with the "Bond's equal" bs.

Couldn't agree more. All my favourite Bond girls have been civilians, aside from Paloma
    thedove wrote: »
    A handy list would show the following:

Civilian
    • Honey Ryder
    • Tatiana Romanov
    • Pussy Galore
    • Domino
    • Tracy
    • Tiffany...though one make the case that since she was a diamond smuggler by trade she was somewhat experienced
    • Solitaire
    • Melina Havelock
    • Stacey Sutton
    • Kara Milvoy
    • Natayala
    • Christmas Jones
    • Camille
    • Madeline Swann

Spy or Agent
    • Aki/Kissy
    • Mary Goodnight
    • Anya Amasova
    • Holly Goodhead
    • Octopussy
    • Pam Bouvier
    • Wai Lin
    • Jinx
    • Vesper Lynd
    • Nomi(?) not really the leading lady

Vesper was Treasury though, in the movie at least. She had access to confidential information but was she directly employed by MI6? And a few female spies in the films if not the novels are little more than glorified secretaries: Mary Goodnight, Field (it's even stated by M).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    • Camille (former Bolivian Secret Service)
    Can't decide.............. NTTD gave us both options. :D

Okay. Let's go with civilian.
    Good points @RichardTheBruce and @Ludovico I thank you for the input. I suddenly realized that YOLT has the distinction of the first time Bond is paired with a fellow female agent. Yes there was Paula in TB but her role was decidedly short compared with Aki.

• Camille (former Bolivian Secret Service)

Oh yes, I forgot.

I think generally speaking making the Bond girl a spy is the easy way in. But a civilian has far more dramatic potential, both for Bond and the Bond girl.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 5,013
    Okay lets bring it to the viewing experience!

Would you rather Bond movies be readily available on Amazon OR only available as physical media? (DVD, Blu Ray, 4K)

To some fans the lack of Bond on Amazon Prime is frustrating and doesn't allow us to watch our favourite spy on demand as it were. To some, the joy of getting a physical disc with assorted extras is something that is looked forward to. So what say you?

What would you rather?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 8,723
    I would wish that they keep issuing both. I do not intend to join a streaming service and have refused to subscribe to Spotify, Netflix etc. so far, and in spite of buying a lot of stuff from Amazon, always rejected their sales pitches regarding Prime. I like my physical media (including a remaining 400+ vinyl LPs that I haven't touched since the mid-80s), have enough room to store them, and could keep watching my four-digit number of Blu-rays (and remaining standard DVDs) for the rest of my life, and the same goes for my CDs (even while I converted those to FLAC or the like and also have them on an NAS drive and on USB and SD cards in my car).

I basically have every movie or musical work that interests me on a physical disc, so I hope they won't stop selling those. The fact that the Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny soundtrack seems not to become available widely on CD really alarms me. I feel personally insulted by that, having bought every John Williams score available at a price I found affordable (and that means most). I hope the same won't happen for the release of the movie. I want my movies on a disc, without having to pay a streaming flat rate for a bunch of content that doesn't interest me.
    Physical media.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I do prefer physical media.

However, a good amount of Bond films were on HBO Max for a while and it is easier to have them with a few remote clicks without dragging my fat ass off the couch to place the disc in the playstation
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Physical media, as I am a control freak, and I *hate* when the streaming paused to refresh!!!!!!
  • Physical always
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Physical media if it's a choice.

It's also nice to have the streaming option available on demand.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Civilian Bond girl over agent, although I'm fine with either.

Physical media over streaming. I like to see the collection of films all lined up on the shelf. Just like the books. As someone who has all the films on disc as well as in file format on the PC and can have any Bond film playing in literally five seconds, I can't imagine having to pay to watch these films a second time plus putting up with the reception quality issues that come with streaming.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Both, but for the sake of collection, I'll go with Physical media.

Streaming needs internet, Physical media, I could watch it anywhere, anytime.
    Physical media always!
    I'm a sucker for the physical media. Mostly for the extras that are given, ironic as the Craig era films didn't feature much in the way of bonus extras. But I treasure the DVD collection. I have resisted the urge to get the BluRay films since I didn't see why spend the money when there wasn't a ton of extra reasons to buy them.

Those DVD bonus material discs are well presented and well executed. Nice touch getting Patrick McNee to narrate them.
    Physical media without question.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I went from taping on blank VHS tapes on the TBS 15 days of 007 to owning the VHS collection. Then they came out with the 4 set color DVD in which they took 5 films and put it in a color coded set to the Blu Ray collection.

That would be a good would you rather category of choosing 1 set from the 4 set DVD collection before CR was even released. From what I remember it was...

Set 1: GF-DAF-TMWTGG-TLD-TWINE
    Set 2: TB-TSWLM-AVTAK-LTK-DAD
    Set 3: FRWL-OHMSS-LALD-FYEO-GE
    Set 4: DN-YOLT-MR-OP-TND
    You nailed it @Last_Rat_Standing that's the DVD sets that I have.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    I went from taping on blank VHS tapes on the TBS 15 days of 007 to owning the VHS collection. Then they came out with the 4 set color DVD in which they took 5 films and put it in a color coded set to the Blu Ray collection.

That would be a good would you rather category of choosing 1 set from the 4 set DVD collection before CR was even released. From what I remember it was...

Set 1: GF-DAF-TMWTGG-TLD-TWINE
    Set 2: TB-TSWLM-AVTAK-LTK-DAD
    Set 3: FRWL-OHMSS-LALD-FYEO-GE
    Set 4: DN-YOLT-MR-OP-TND

Is it me or they have their own categories for each set:

Set 1: The campy outlandish
    Set 2: The semi-grounded (half grounded, half camp)
    Set 3: The grounded ones (although LALD may have break it)
    Set 4: The formulaic ones
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Physical media
    I wish the picture quality of the Physical was higher standard. That's why it was great to go and rewatch the films in high quality again in cinema's last year
    I always thought Set 3 had the strongest set of movies.

I would agree with most of your titles except Campy Outlandish as TLD is in with the others and I am not sure TWINE is campy. I think it plays straight.

Lets move on to another one!

Would you rather the next Bond film be a reboot or "Bond begins" OR should it be a regular adventure with no Bond begins
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Regular adventure, we already had the perfect origin with Craig.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Straight adventure, early in his career, but not a puppy/rookie. Three, four, five years into his double-O status...
    Regular adventure. Similar to what we got with The Batman.
    Regular adventure.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I would like a reboot. I'd be interested in seeing a new start.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Regular adventure, and not the beginning of an arc.