'Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes' and franchise discussion.

2»

Comments

KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Trailer (2024) William H. Macy

It looks like we have come full circle.

First trailer for Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes takes the reboot closer than ever to the original movie
    https://www.gamesradar.com/kingdom-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-trailer/

Kingdom-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-691x1024.jpg

I have really enjoyed these movies, so roll on 2024! :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

First trailer for Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes takes the reboot closer than ever to the original movie

Looks like it could be the best of the new films.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Looks like it could be the best of the new films.

Definately showing a lot of promise! :-bd
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Even before Bond, this was my first pop culture love, ever since seeing 'Escape from the POTA' as a child with my mom back in the summer of '71.

I thought they did a great job with the most recent three, especially the two directed by Matt Reeves, so I'm looking forward to this one but will miss his absence.

The title sounds reminiscent of a spinoff comics series, maybe from the original Marvel run in the '70s?

The trailer looks great, with a sequence that looks a lot like the ape hunt for humans in the very first film and that beached ship certainly recalls the Statue of Liberty ending.

And was that a glimpse of the Forbidden Zone? Something underground, I mean. Maybe we'll get a return of the mutants ....

Given the series' penchant for bleak social commentary, it'll be interesting to see where they go with Kingdom.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Even before Bond, this was my first pop culture love, ever since seeing 'Escape from the POTA' as a child with my mom back in the summer of '71.

I thought they did a great job with the most recent three, especially the two directed by Matt Reeves, so I'm looking forward to this one but will miss his absence.

The title sounds reminiscent of a spinoff comics series, maybe from the original Marvel run in the '70s?

The trailer looks great, with a sequence that looks a lot like the ape hunt for humans in the very first film and that beached ship certainly recalls the Statue of Liberty ending.

And was that a glimpse of the Forbidden Zone? Something underground, I mean. Maybe we'll get a return of the mutants ....

Given the series' penchant for bleak social commentary, it'll be interesting to see where they go with Kingdom.

Same experience here. I was fascinated by these films as a preschool age kid and beyond. Escape was my first and then I got to see the first two on a rerelease at a drive-in theater. POTA and superheroes, which was long before the fascination for that genre.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 12 Posts: 23,347
    KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Super Bowl Trailer (2024)
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited February 12 Posts: 735
    An always flexible, potentially up to the moment allegory ... and it looks great, thanks!