Splinter Cell: Blacklist

13»

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    "Keep in mind that while there are reports of a new Splinter Cell game in development, this trademark could also be for the Splinter Cell animated show on Netflix or the VR game."

I really want to get exited, but I don't want to be disappoint at another rumour. I will remain skeptical that another Splinter Cell would be in development, until Ubisoft announces it themselves.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "Keep in mind that while there are reports of a new Splinter Cell game in development, this trademark could also be for the Splinter Cell animated show on Netflix or the VR game."

I really want to get exited, but I don't want to be disappoint at another rumour. I will remain skeptical that another Splinter Cell would be in development, until Ubisoft announces it themselves.

This is most likely what it'll be for. Anytime these "exciting" trademarks pop up, it's usually for something incredibly underwhelming and insignificant.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This is most likely what it'll be for. Anytime these "exciting" trademarks pop up, it's usually for something incredibly underwhelming and insignificant.

That also. As soon as Ubisoft announce Sam's return in a single player or predominantly single player game, i'll get the champagne out.

At least Rebellion have confirmed Sniper Elite 5, and it's release for 2022. Karl Fairburne: 2022, Bond: 2023 and Sam: 202......

That also. As soon as Ubisoft announce Sam's return in a single player or predominantly single player game, i'll get the champagne out.

At least Rebellion have confirmed Sniper Elite 5, and it's release for 2022. Karl Fairburne: 2022, Bond: 2023 and Sam: 202......

wait you think Project 007 wont come out till 2023?
    Risico007 wrote: »

There's no way it'll be out any earlier than 2023, at least, maybe even 2024, considering how early into development they seemingly are.

I don't, no. I think, or at least I hope, that IOI will be in a better place to start drip feeding us info to give us an idea of what they have in store, through 2022. But I don't think that the game will be released until 2023 at the earliest.

It’s official people!!!!!!
    So it's a proper remake, not a lazy remaster (looking at you, GTA "Definitive" Edition Trilogy) and it's also not open world. That's about as optimistic as I can get. Sounds like it's very early in development so we likely won't see it until 2023 or 2024. I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled and hope they deliver something worthy of the series.

It’s official people!!!!!!

About time. I remember playing 1st one in 2004 when Pandora Tomorrow came out.
    200.gif

Ok, now i'm getting excited.

So it will be a remake in the sense of what Capcom have been doing with the RE games, complete remakes from the ground up, rather that just slapping a new coat of paint on a near 20 year old game? That's promising, as the lack of mention of open world (which I was cautious about).
    200.gif

So it will be a remake in the sense of what Capcom have been doing with the RE games, complete remakes from the ground up, rather that just slapping a new coat of paint on a near 20 year old game? That's promising, as the lack of mention of open world (which I was cautious about).

Open world Splinter Cell never work. Most open world games have awful level design and Splinter Cell is base on good level design.
    Mazouni wrote: »
    200.gif

Open world Splinter Cell never work. Most open world games have awful level design and Splinter Cell is base on good level design.

I would go a step further and say that Splinter Cell actually benefits from a more tighter level design. My two favourite missions from Pandora Tomorrow, are the Submarine Pen mission, and the one on the Train.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 235
    200.gif

I would go a step further and say that Splinter Cell actually benefits from a more tighter level design. My two favourite missions from Pandora Tomorrow, are the Submarine Pen mission, and the one on the Train.

My favorite is Bank.
    200.gif

My favorite is Bank.

From Chaos Theory, right? The Lighthouse was another good one from Chaos Theory.
    200.gif

My favorite is Bank.

From Chaos Theory, right? The Lighthouse was another good one from Chaos Theory.

Yeah, my favorite video game of all time. The way I got into Splinter Cell is quite strange. I just beat Everything Or Nothing and all other bond games and in 2004 I was looking for a new game like James Bond so I went to the store I asked I need a game like James Bond this guy said Splinter Cell closet thing and most popular at the moment so I got the First Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow I got hooked the second I played it.
    https://earlygame.com/gaming/ubisoft-showcase-infinity-splinter-cell-division-release-date/

according to this the remake will be available sometime between 2024 and 2025

which felt like a long time away till I remembered its only 2-3 years away

god i am old..
    https://earlygame.com/gaming/ubisoft-showcase-infinity-splinter-cell-division-release-date/

according to this the remake will be available sometime between 2024 and 2025

which felt like a long time away till I remembered its only 2-3 years away

god i am old..

Hopefully that means they're putting a lot of time, love and effort into it and it's not a lazy cash grab.
    Is splinter cell blacklist pretty good? I have it for PC

I enjoyed it but I might be in the minority I feel it was a good mixture of chaos theory and conviction style of playing…. I of course did the whole thing conviction style but if you want to be stealthier there are ways to do that

I enjoyed it but I might be in the minority I feel it was a good mixture of chaos theory and conviction style of playing…. I of course did the whole thing conviction style but if you want to be stealthier there are ways to do that

Ok it looks fun