Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have played this game from start to finish a few times, and I like it. My series ranking would look like this...

1. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
    2. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
    3. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    4. Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    5. Splinter Cell
    Couldnt this have been placed into a different topic.
    I felt Conviction was a rushed and awful game to the Splinter Cell series. Made a lot of the old school Splinter Cell fans not like the game since key object of the game is stealth which did not matter in Conviction. Blacklist add the game styles so everyone could enjoy the game for example an old school Splinter Cell fan would go for ghost or a Conviction fan would do panther.
    I think Splinter Cell Double Agent for Xbox 360/PC had the best single player and Chaos Theory had the best multiplayer I want them to remake so bad it so awesome!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 13,894
    Oh... I want to be super exited for this. But then I remember what Ubisoft are going to do to Ghost Recon. And as a fan of the games going right back to the beginning, I would rather no SC, than to see it sacrificed on the altar of Fortnite.

I would be very surprised if 1) this is true, and 2) as a Splinter Cell game should be, it is a single player game. We've been here before, with sources saying that a new SC is in development, only for it not to lead anywhere.
    Oh... I want to be super exited for this. But then I remember what Ubisoft are going to do to Ghost Recon. And as a fan of the games going right back to the beginning, I would rather no SC, than to see it sacrificed on the altar of Fortnite.

I would be very surprised if 1) this is true, and 2) as a Splinter Cell game should be, it is a single player game. We've been here before, with sources saying that a new SC is in development, only for it not to lead anywhere.

between Splinter Cell and 007 maybe spy games are coming back
    Risico007 wrote: »

between Splinter Cell and 007 maybe spy games are coming back

I want to believe that can happen, but with the way the gaming landscape is right now, I don't think that the stealth genre will rise up once again.

1:43 "It's only me." We barely even have Sam, now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I’ve been dying for a new installment for so long now, only to realize in the last few years that Ubisoft will likely screw up what makes the series what it is while cramming in tons of microtransactions. Pass.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I’d love to play a new one or at least a remaster of the older games. I wasn’t really a fan of the direction they took the gameplay in the last two installments but they were still pretty fun in their own way. I just want more of the stealth aspect and less of the generic action game that they were going for.
    I'd be happy with some original remasters that improve the graphics and nothing more. Those first few installments were so damn good.
    I'm not too worried about microtransactions (their presence in Ghost Recon: Breakpoint was overblown*), it's the popularity of Battle Royale, which worries me.

*In 34 hrs of gameplay, I didn't once feel that I had to buy them. I have wondered how many of the complainers, actually played the game.

I would be happy enough with remasters. A little 'touch up' to the graphics, that's all that's needed.
    I can't stand any version of Battle Royale in any game and actively avoid it whenever I can. I played one round of Warzone once and got bored half an hour in and gave up. It's not for me.

As long as it retains the heart and soul of the series and is a proper third person stealth game, I'll be satisfied enough, but time will tell. I'll keep very cautious optimism for now.
    That is interesting. Mind you, I still feel like we have been here too many times before, to get my hopes up. I want a new Splinter Cell badly. However, if it meant SC being altered to attract the Battle Royale audience just to stay relevant, then I would rather no SC, and just keep my memories.

One of these days, I will have to grab a copy of Conviction to try it for myself.
    Intriguing and interesting, but I won't let my optimism get out of control just yet.
    Again Bond and splinter Cell coming back plus Gotham Knights Indianna Jones I am excited to be a gamer again!
    Again Bond and splinter Cell coming back plus Gotham Knights Indianna Jones I am excited to be a gamer again!

Splinter Cell is not official announced unless you're talking about the VR one.
    Mazouni wrote: »

It’s coming

It’s coming

Said who?

It’s coming

Said who?

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/a-decade-later-ubisoft-has-finally-greenlit-a-new-splinter-cell-sources-claim/
    It hasn't been confirmed by Ubisoft. It's just sources claim this, sources claim that. The Splinter Cell rumour is like the tide coming in, and going out.

I will believe it when I am holding a copy of the next game in my hands.
    It hasn't been confirmed by Ubisoft. It's just sources claim this, sources claim that. The Splinter Cell rumour is like the tide coming in, and going out.

\
    Hey I am a believer.

\
    Hey I am a believer.

I want to be a believer. But I feel like we have been in this position numerous times, and each time, no new SC game has come from it. All we have had, are scraps of Sam turning up in cameos in other games. I like the Ghost Recon games (Wildlands and Breakpoint), and it's great to see Sam (and voiced by Ironside), but what I really want to see Sam in, is his own game again.
    Whatever it is, it'll be garbage, I'm sure. I hate to be so pessimistic but Ubisoft has displayed nothing but lazy cash grabs and rehashed elements time and time again for the last many years. I'm sure this new title, whenever it comes, will lose the heart of the original series and won't feel like anything fans have been clamoring for since the last installment.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Whatever it is, it'll be garbage, I'm sure. I hate to be so pessimistic but Ubisoft has displayed nothing but lazy cash grabs and rehashed elements time and time again for the last many years. I'm sure this new title, whenever it comes, will lose the heart of the original series and won't feel like anything fans have been clamoring for since the last installment.
    Blacklist was a step up since Conviction and Double Agent were both were a big disappointment and pretty much killed the series.

Of course it is. Not sure how much I'll buy into Tom Henderson's "leaks," considering he was quite wrong in a lot of respects with BF2042, but this honestly wouldn't surprise me, considering it's the Ubisoft way lately. I hope it's wrong, not everything needs to be open world, especially when so many games like this today are over-large and devoid of life or intrigue.

well that is different ... we shall see how it might be good or bad.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 13,894
    Open world works for Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed, but I don't know if it world work so well for Splinter Cell.

I still think that a new Splinter Cell is unlikely, but I hope to be proven wrong.