What song could be a great Bond Theme?

145791023

Comments

  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    Too bad these guys are unknown, they would perform an awesome Bond theme.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oiKUtHXDAg
  • Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    Posts: 127
    Gare du Nord, groovy smooth jazz band.

    https://youtu.be/2QhXFIzoYOU

  • This could have been written with a Bond film in mind
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Posts: 108
    I compiled a list of artists that would have been my perfect choice for a Bond film with regards to the respective films AND artists:

    Dusty Springfield had her shot with ‚The Look of Love‘ as had the modern day U2 with ‚GoldenEye‘. Also Robbie Williams did a song for ‚Johnny English‘ so he’s out too.

    1983 - Eurithmics (‚Who’s That Girl?‘ form ‚Touch‘)
    1985 - U2 (between ‚War‘, Live Aid and ‚The Joshua Tree‘)
    1987 - Terence Trent D’Arby (before his second album)
    1989 - Sade
    1991 - Depeche Mode (they became stale after ‚Violator‘)
    1993 - REM (album ‚Automatic for the People‘)
    1995 - Radiohead (NOT after ‚OK Computer‘)
    1997 - George Michael
    1999 - Portishead
    2002 - Goldfrapp
    2004 - The Killers (before the second album)
    2006 - Muse (album ‚Origin of Symmetry‘, songs ‚Feeling Good‘, ‚The Resistance‘)
    2008 - Amy Winehouse
    2012 - Adele
    2015 - Lana Del Rey (‚Shades of Cool‘ from ‚Ultraviolence‘)
    TBA - Noel Gallagher with the High-Flying Birds

    Of all those only Adele ever actually got the song, with most of the others having progressed or disbanded so they're no longer able to deliver properly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,020
    The greatest Bond song ever that never was one is from Shirley Bassey: The Living Tree from 2007. Just bloody awesome!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Posts: 1,130
    Style-Taylor Swift
    Love me like you do- Ellie Goulding
  • Posts: 11,425
    Eiragorn wrote: »
    I compiled a list of artists that would have been my perfect choice for a Bond film with regards to the respective films AND artists:

    Dusty Springfield had her shot with ‚The Look of Love‘ as had the modern day U2 with ‚GoldenEye‘. Also Robbie Williams did a song for ‚Johnny English‘ so he’s out too.

    1983 - Eurithmics (‚Who’s That Girl?‘ form ‚Touch‘)
    1985 - U2 (between ‚War‘, Live Aid and ‚The Joshua Tree‘)
    1987 - Terence Trent D’Arby (before his second album)
    1989 - Sade
    1991 - Depeche Mode (they became stale after ‚Violator‘)
    1993 - REM (album ‚Automatic for the People‘)
    1995 - Radiohead (NOT after ‚OK Computer‘)
    1997 - George Michael
    1999 - Portishead
    2002 - Goldfrapp
    2004 - The Killers (before the second album)
    2006 - Muse (album ‚Origin of Symmetry‘, songs ‚Feeling Good‘, ‚The Resistance‘)
    2008 - Amy Winehouse
    2012 - Adele
    2015 - Lana Del Rey (‚Shades of Cool‘ from ‚Ultraviolence‘)
    TBA - Noel Gallagher with the High-Flying Birds

    Of all those only Adele ever actually got the song, with most of the others having progressed or disbanded so they're no longer able to deliver properly.

    Some good suggestions there. Definitely Portishead and Goldfrapp - real missed opportunities. I'd throw in Massive Attack as well.

    Sade in the 80s would have been a nice touch. But we got some great 80s songs anyway.
  • Posts: 11,425
    Eiragorn wrote: »
    I compiled a list of artists that would have been my perfect choice for a Bond film with regards to the respective films AND artists:

    Dusty Springfield had her shot with ‚The Look of Love‘ as had the modern day U2 with ‚GoldenEye‘. Also Robbie Williams did a song for ‚Johnny English‘ so he’s out too.

    1983 - Eurithmics (‚Who’s That Girl?‘ form ‚Touch‘)
    1985 - U2 (between ‚War‘, Live Aid and ‚The Joshua Tree‘)
    1987 - Terence Trent D’Arby (before his second album)
    1989 - Sade
    1991 - Depeche Mode (they became stale after ‚Violator‘)
    1993 - REM (album ‚Automatic for the People‘)
    1995 - Radiohead (NOT after ‚OK Computer‘)
    1997 - George Michael
    1999 - Portishead
    2002 - Goldfrapp
    2004 - The Killers (before the second album)
    2006 - Muse (album ‚Origin of Symmetry‘, songs ‚Feeling Good‘, ‚The Resistance‘)
    2008 - Amy Winehouse
    2012 - Adele
    2015 - Lana Del Rey (‚Shades of Cool‘ from ‚Ultraviolence‘)
    TBA - Noel Gallagher with the High-Flying Birds

    Of all those only Adele ever actually got the song, with most of the others having progressed or disbanded so they're no longer able to deliver properly.

    Some good suggestions there. Definitely Portishead and Goldfrapp - real missed opportunities. I'd throw in Massive Attack as well.

    Sade in the 80s would have been a nice touch. But we got some great 80s songs anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512


    Arnold at his best.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    Bjork should have performed GoldenEye. All due respect to Turner. BB's choice I think.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Bjork should have performed GoldenEye. All due respect to Turner. BB's choice I think.

    I always loved Bjørk. Most of all in her Sugarcubes days and before that KUKL.

    I was at a Sugarcubes concert in 1989, and they had a real kooky warming up act. It was only later that I learned it was Sugarcubes themselves in disguise. Haha, how great is that?
  • Posts: 11,425
    I think the artists we got suited the Brosnan era pretty well.

    I agree that they should have been getting people like Bjork, Portishead, Goldfrapp etc to do the songs in the 90s but that would have required they take a totally different direction with the movies - edgier, moodier, cooler.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,928
    It has yet to be been released but Duran Duran has a song called "The Universe Alone" that , with a bit of modification would make a great Bond title song. I'll post when it's released on Sept. 11
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Posts: 538
    George Michael "Fast Love"
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,020
    talos7 wrote: »
    It has yet to be been released but Duran Duran has a song called "The Universe Alone" that , with a bit of modification would make a great Bond title song. I'll post when it's released on Sept. 11

    I haven't heard that one yet, but I have 5 other songs from Paper Gods as I pre-ordered the album.
    The thing is, there's a number of Duran Duran songs that could go well as Bond songs.
    What Are The Chances could work as well with different production.

    A View To A Kill is my favourite song of all time. Not only as Bond theme.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,661
    1990s pop indie group Suede made some cool records. I think this could be a cool Bond theme:

    Suede - Everything Will Flow

    The violin section about three quarters way through very moody! Imagine your favourite Bond actor saying "My name is Bond... James Bond" during that section. :)





  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
  • Posts: 1,661
    This song is so much like a modern James Bond theme it's crazy!



    That is my unofficial theme to SPECTRE.

    ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,020
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    This song is so much like a modern James Bond theme it's crazy!



    That is my unofficial theme to SPECTRE.

    ;)

    I actually never understood why Westlife was never considered to do a Bond theme. They were insanely successful and would have been perfect for a Bond tune.
    Brian McFadden's solo album is really good, I wish they had chosen him for Casino Royale.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Posts: 1,807
    I Belong To You by Caro Emerald


  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,487
    Go away, Sam! Come back, Amy!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,135
    Mike Oldfield - nuclear

  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Moderator
    Posts: 13,105
    I Belong To You by Caro Emerald


    53207510.jpg

    Yes, i've been saying that for some time. Not the only song of Caro's that could easily be a Bond title track:



    0:09 could easily be when 'Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Presents' appear on screen.

    As well as:



    Maybe next time. [-O<
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,020
    Well for all the fans of Sam Smith's Writing's On The Wall, here is the song that probably inspired it and would have made a wonderful Bond theme!

    And in case you can't believe your eyes: believe it! It conquered Europe 2 years ago and won the European Song Contest in a landslide victory.
    The best Bond song that never was!!

    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://youtube.com/embed/SaolVEJEjV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Posts: 5,745
    Honestly I enjoy that far more than I enjoy WOTW
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Posts: 1,138
    If I were a troll I'd post every whining warbling nonsense song I could find, since apparently that qualifies as Bond material now ;)

    Brian Macfadden song is decent.
Sign In or Register to comment.