Has WWIII in fact started?

2»

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Clearly expressed civilly earlier plus in follow-up I note.

You're wrong to keep pursuing.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Clearly expressed civilly earlier plus in follow-up I note.

You're wrong to keep pursuing.

Not sure of your meaning here, can you, you know, use the language better?
    Original viewpoint was clearly expressed.

In following response, there was a decision shared to not continue the discussion. The reason given gave a description for how things play out on opposing views as "dogs chasing their tails". I took that as a shared observation, both sides, different viewpoints. And it matches history for these type topics on this forum.

So I accepted all the comments at face value and support them.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    chrisisall wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware @j_w_pepper Trump has not launched an invasion of another country or deliberately rained down missiles on innocent civilians. And yet some you still think that Trump is worse than Putin. God help us

Indeed. Also, while he was in office, there was no substantial aggression by the usual suspects

Weakness invites aggression ; this is becoming apparent. Look for the Chinese to move on Taiwan before the 2024 elections
    Your outlook here sir is dated IMHO. Weakness invites aggression in the the law of the jungle. If you believe us to be merely smarter animals rooted in savagery then you are of course correct. If like me you believe we are evolving beyond subjugation & predatory behaviour to survive then you are incorrect.
    My early childhood was violent. My early school bullying was tough. At 13 I learned martial arts thanks to a movie that starred Bruce Lee. Still, my geek Star Trek fan demeanour invited aggression. I became the geek that would 'kick you until you decided it wasn't worth the fight'. Basically, I repelled the assholes without having to hurt them severely.
    And here I am today, believing that you have to be strong, but that strength comes from reality, not projection. A 'presence attack' works in D&D; in real life it only works for a short while.
    Putin is doing his nuclear 'presence attack' with his nukes-on-alert thing. He's a child threatening a tantrum if he can't get what he wants. Like Trump on January 6.
    Capitol police saved us that day. Perhaps cooler heads in Russia will save us all as well.
    We shall see.

Ah, yes we do see the world completely differently.

And, can you elabourate on that past a simple acknowledgement of our different views? I have no idea how your ideas on this work...

No, I don’t think will; threads like this end up dogs chasing their own tails.

So you call yourself dog in this discussion?
    Seriously, folks that are afraid to discuss openly are usually folks that deep down afraid they're wrong....
    Woof, woof , but not the Bitch in this chase.
    Original viewpoint was clearly expressed.

In following response, there was a decision shared to not continue the discussion. The reason given gave a description for how things play out on opposing views as "dogs chasing their tails". I took that as a shared observation, both sides, different viewpoints. And it matches history for these type topics on this forum.

So I accepted all the comments at face value and support them.

Ummmm.. okay. Get some sleep, and we can discuss this further.
    No on that point I'm done.

edited March 2022 Posts: 17,691
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware @j_w_pepper Trump has not launched an invasion of another country or deliberately rained down missiles on innocent civilians. And yet some you still think that Trump is worse than Putin. God help us

Indeed. Also, while he was in office, there was no substantial aggression by the usual suspects

Weakness invites aggression ; this is becoming apparent. Look for the Chinese to move on Taiwan before the 2024 elections
    Your outlook here sir is dated IMHO. Weakness invites aggression in the the law of the jungle. If you believe us to be merely smarter animals rooted in savagery then you are of course correct. If like me you believe we are evolving beyond subjugation & predatory behaviour to survive then you are incorrect.
    My early childhood was violent. My early school bullying was tough. At 13 I learned martial arts thanks to a movie that starred Bruce Lee. Still, my geek Star Trek fan demeanour invited aggression. I became the geek that would 'kick you until you decided it wasn't worth the fight'. Basically, I repelled the assholes without having to hurt them severely.
    And here I am today, believing that you have to be strong, but that strength comes from reality, not projection. A 'presence attack' works in D&D; in real life it only works for a short while.
    Putin is doing his nuclear 'presence attack' with his nukes-on-alert thing. He's a child threatening a tantrum if he can't get what he wants. Like Trump on January 6.
    Capitol police saved us that day. Perhaps cooler heads in Russia will save us all as well.
    We shall see.

Ah, yes we do see the world completely differently.

And, can you elabourate on that past a simple acknowledgement of our different views? I have no idea how your ideas on this work...

No, I don’t think will; threads like this end up dogs chasing their own tails.

So you call yourself dog in this discussion?
    Seriously, folks that are afraid to discuss openly are usually folks that deep down afraid they're wrong....
    Woof, woof , but not the Bitch in this chase.

So, not able to discuss much. Descriptive & action words like bitch & chase deployed... oh well.
    Okay, lots of fear here- I get that. Global thermonuclear war is scary. I lived it as a kid in the 20th. The real possibility of it, any way. Now it's back in the blink of an eye. Motherpussbucket!
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    @chrisisall , I appreciate your intentions. But. This thread is obviously, as several members have pointed out, going to descend into further name calling, snide retorts and ill will. I’m pulling the plug.
This discussion has been closed.