Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I'll catch it with Top Gun next week. Assuming it's there.

It's already leaked now so no question it'll be attached to it. Can't wait to see some of these moments on the big screen. Stunning.

I hope that'll be the case in my country.

Looking forward to it!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2022 Posts: 40,473
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll catch it with Top Gun next week. Assuming it's there.

It's already leaked now so no question it'll be attached to it. Can't wait to see some of these moments on the big screen. Stunning.

I hope that'll be the case in my country.

Looking forward to it!

I hope it does!

I'm only watching it this once then saving another go of it for my trip to Top Gun next weekend. I don't want to overly spoil myself but I'd certainly love to watch it another 10 or 20 times.

Someone else mentioned that it's unfinished, so that's probably why it feels "off" and the sound mixing and whatnot isn't finished. Even the CGI looked noticeably off in an instance or two, I'm sure it'll look way better when it finally releases since we still have over a year to go.

EDIT: If anyone's still interested and a particular link doesn't work, this one currently does:

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    mtm wrote: »
    Not totally sold on the slightly cheap sounding music to be honest, but apart from that, I’m all in.

A lot of people seem to think that's not the final music that will be featured when it's officially released. Whether that turns out to be the case or not...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It looks like the usual goofy bigger than life final chapter. Not impressed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »

I think the ‘part one’ suggests it’s very much not the final chapter 🤣
    Not totally sold on the slightly cheap sounding music to be honest, but apart from that, I’m all in.

A lot of people seem to think that's not the final music that will be featured when it's officially released. Whether that turns out to be the case or not...

Lorne Balfe did record a special track for the trailer and since it already premiered at CinemaCon I would very surprised if this isn't the final mix.

I honestly just think Balfe is just fairly mediocre in general but idk, could be be wrong.

Lorne Balfe did record a special track for the trailer and since it already premiered at CinemaCon I would very surprised if this isn't the final mix.

I honestly just think Balfe is just fairly mediocre in general but idk, could be be wrong.

Fair enough. Just going by what I saw others saying.

I like what Balfe did with the last film, though I kind of missed Giacchino's more silky efforts.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 440

I like what Balfe did with the last film, though I kind of missed Giacchino's more silky efforts.

Oh don't worry, I agree with you. It really doesn't feel like it should be the final mix and hopefully, it isn't.

Yes, and I thought Joe Kraemer's score for 5 was the best in the franchise, though I understand it's very unlikely that he'll ever be coming back.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    The trailer is certainly interesting. It does feel like the sound mixing just cuts out halfway through, though it wasn't quite as weird the fifth time watching it, haha. I'm excited for the movie, a lot of interesting frames. One thing I notice is this franchise can do a set piece, or 12.

Yes, and I thought Joe Kraemer's score for 5 was the best in the franchise, though I understand it's very unlikely that he'll ever be coming back.

The use of Turandot as the basis for Ethan and Ilsa's romantic theme was superb. I actually don't think they've had a bad score at all in any of the films. Zimmer's was very different and that one's opinion on the second film will influence your feelings on the music - but as a score for a John Woo film, it was excellent.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 3,168
    That can't be the final trailer? Some things are off, like certain sound effects missing, Howeever this looks to be an absolute blast. I count at least four huge action setpieces. This and Indy 5 for 2023...we are getting spoiled.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    OK, that looks incredible.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I get the feeling that while it obviously won't be the only sequence in the film, the Train sequence will be THE sequence of the film. Like how the Helicopter chase was in Fallout.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Footage did the work, very subtil with music and dialogue this time. Nice that make reference to Ghost Protocol too.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 4,343

I think the ‘part one’ suggests it’s very much not the final chapter 🤣

It’s final chapter split into two parts lol.

“This is our chance to control the truth. The concepts of right and wrong for everyone for centuries to come.”

Those lines made me smile. Sounds very goofy, especially the overly dramatic way he delivers those lines.
    Hopefully, nothing can be worse than Baldwin’s… “Sir, Hunt is the living manifestation of destiny”.

• edited May 2022 Posts: 3,168
    I get the feeling that while it obviously won't be the only sequence in the film, the Train sequence will be THE sequence of the film. Like how the Helicopter chase was in Fallout.
    All the lead characters are on board this train, so who survives for part II? Esai Morales - the villain - is also credited for part II. So is Pom Klementieff, the blonde henchwoman who's also in the Venice and Rome-scenes.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    That looks amazing. Can't wait to see that trailer on the big screen next week
    does anyone think that at 28 seconds in looks like Ilsa dying? I have no idea just speculation on my part
    edited May 2022 Posts: 4,343
    In a lot of ways it looks more like a JB film than a M:I film. Without the European flavor, the style, the legacy and all the things that make Bond cooler than Hunt/Cruise. Hopefully the action will be top notch like always. It’s gonna be fun that’s for sure.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2022 Posts: 14,957

Oh don't worry, I agree with you. It really doesn't feel like it should be the final mix and hopefully, it isn't.

Yes I was listening to Kraemer’s score only yesterday and I agree; it’s my favourite in the series (maybe alongside Elfman’s which I do love). I don’t understand why he’s not doing loads of big movies.
    Balfe’s is fine at what it does but it’s not to my taste.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In a lot of ways it looks more like a JB film than a M:I film. Without the European flavor, the style, the legacy and all the things that make Bond cooler than Hunt/Cruise. Hopefully the action will be top notch like always. It’s gonna be fun that’s for sure.

Agreed, and the scene with the yellow car made me think of FYEO.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It does already look like a way better Rome car chase than Spectre gave us.
    The cool thing about the Rome “race” in SP was that Rome felt like an ancient metaphysical city with two hypercar in it.

In this one it is just regular Rome by day with likely all the Italian cliches into place, but it will be a more thrilling scene that’s for sure.
    Darn it I missed it hang on maybe I can find it on YouTube
    edited May 2022 Posts: 40,473
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Darn it I missed it hang on maybe I can find it on YouTube

Get it while it's hot:

This may be a different trailer than the one yesterday. I noticed a few new shots in it. Interesting. Perhaps it's just oddly edited to help avoid copyright issues, I'm not sure. Either way, some footage is better than none.
    Shrugs I will watch it when it becomes official sure I am late to the party but the clip you posted audio isn’t working on my phone for some reason
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think the audio has been removed on purpose. Unlike the one posted on Reddit, that had what sounded like some of the MI Fallout score, until new(?) arrangement of the MI theme crept in.
    Yes, the audio's down in the provided link. Seems like the sound mixing/audio in general may not have been completed in this leaked version. I'm guessing it'll sound radically different once it's officially released this week. But who knows, I'm just guessing here and going off of other comments I've read.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2022 Posts: 5,869
    It looks good, although the biggest standout to me is Pom Klementieff.

Her character looks like she's gonna be a lot of fun.