Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I do wish some of these column writers at least did some proper research when writing these articles. According to the above, Mission Impossible has been going since 2000.
    Perhaps the writer believes MI:2 to be the original film. :))

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Benny wrote: »

I do wish some of these column writers at least did some proper research when writing these articles. According to the above, Mission Impossible has been going since 2000.
    Perhaps the writer believes MI:2 to be the original film. :))

It's astonishing how often these column writers get facts wrong that could so easily be fixed with a 10-second Google search. It's really quite pathetic.

Looks great.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Now THAT is an action movie. Holy hell, bring it on.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sexy. To be honest, probably not quite as exciting or punchy as the teaser trailer, but I don't need a trailer for this film- I know I'm going to watch it and most probably love it.
    mtm wrote: »
    Sexy. To be honest, probably not quite as exciting or punchy as the teaser trailer, but I don't need a trailer for this film- I know I'm going to watch it and most probably love it.

It's funny, I feel exactly the same. Since MI:GP the MI films have gone from strength to strength. Or at least not let me down. I see no reason why this or part 2 will do so, especially based on the trailer.
    Amazing trailer. Although let's be honest...our butts were already going to be in the theater the minute that M:I Fallout ended.
    Great Trailer, can't wait to see this in IMAX, the last 3 M:I Films are simply perfect
    Amazing trailer. Although let's be honest...our butts were already going to be in the theater the minute that M:I Fallout ended.

This. I didn't need to see a trailer or even hear about the cast and locations to know I'd be there day one.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Wow! Now that's a film. The action looks amazing, I'm looking for to seeing Ethan and Ilsa dynamic
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Wow! Now that's a film. The action looks amazing, I'm looking for to seeing Ethan and Ilsa dynamic

Yes, I'm curious about that also. Are they a romantic couple now? Friends? Spy partners? I'm very interested.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2023 Posts: 14,935
    Don't forget: as Bond fans we're not supposed to be interested in characters or continuity ;)
    I'm here for the action, everything else is secondary to me. This series has been absolutely killing it in the action/stunts department in the last decade. I can't wait for more.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Love the makeup on Pom Klementieff in the poster. Nothing like a touch of creepy theatricality to make something stylish and memorable.
    Pom's character is shaping up to be my favorite new addition - quiet, deadly, and cunning. I love the prospect of that tight alleyway fight between her and Ethan too.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 301

Today is tomorrow :)
    Trailer look fine. Now I'm waiting for whole movie.
  • Looks good. No character depth unlike Craigs Bond but should be fun.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I don't understand the criticism that that the characters in the MI films lack depth, particularly Ethan; I think they've done a great job of fleshing them out without wallowing in , sometimes tiring , angst.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited May 2023 Posts: 1,006
    Looks stunning, but I can’t help but see James Bond all over the place: the SF Shanghai neon colors at nighttime, the SP sepia filters in the desert, VENICE, the FYEO yellow citroen car chase, the OP/SF train roof fight, etc. Surely some of these decisions were intentional.

It’s almost as if they know/believe they’ve overtaken the Bond franchise during the 2010’s/2020’s and are rubbing it in EON’s face. It literally looks like a Bond highlight reel staring Ethan Hunt.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 6,677
    That’s true.
    Although, after rewatching CR and SF just yesterday, I must say our man Bond has made two brilliant films in the past two decades…oh wait…damn

Anyway, trailer looks good. Not better than Fallout’s, which I enjoy revisiting every now and then, just because it’s such a good trailer. You know, the one with Imagine Dragons song and the beats aligning with Hunt’s shooting. Now that was a killer.
    Univex wrote: »
    That’s true.
    Although, after rewatching CR and SF just yesterday, I must say our man Bond has made two brilliant films in the past two decades…oh wait…damn

Anyway, trailer looks good. Not better than Fallout’s, which I enjoy revisiting every now and then, just because it’s such a good trailer. You know, the one with Imagine Dragons song and the beats aligning with Hunt’s shooting. Now that was a killer.

I absolutely despise Imagine Dragons with every fiber of my being but that was a damn good trailer. I've always been a big fan of beats of a song lining up with the action hits in a trailer like that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Looks stunning, but I can’t help but see James Bond all over the place: the SF Shanghai neon colors at nighttime, the SP sepia filters in the desert, VENICE, the FYEO yellow citroen car chase, the OP/SF train roof fight, etc. Surely some of these decisions were intentional.

It’s almost as if they know/believe they’ve overtaken the Bond franchise during the 2010’s/2020’s and are rubbing it in EON’s face. It literally looks like a Bond highlight reel staring Ethan Hunt.

I don't think Bond owns Venice, and I don't remember 007 being inside a steam train dangling over a cliff etc. Sometimes you're just going to get crossover, especially when one series has done 25 film and the other has done 7.
    Trailer looks great. I think Ethan Hunt himself looks quite Bondian in this one. Maybe it's the clothes or Cruise's hairstyle here? He looks superb.
    Trailers like this make me glad to go to the cinema.
    I really to fear and dread the day cinemas are a thing of the past, and this trailer gives me encouragment for the future of motion picture entertainment.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That’s true.

I absolutely despise Imagine Dragons with every fiber of my being but that was a damn good trailer. I've always been a big fan of beats of a song lining up with the action hits in a trailer like that.

I too deslike Imagine Dragons with some ferocity. But damn that was a good trailer. I thing Ghost Protocol used Eminem, which I also dislike. But it worked as well.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That’s true.

I too deslike Imagine Dragons with some ferocity. But damn that was a good trailer. I thing Ghost Protocol used Eminem, which I also dislike. But it worked as well.

That's the other one I was thinking of too; don't like Eminem but I probably watched that trailer close to 100 times, if not more. The song worked so well in it.
    It's easy to look for similar set pieces but it's all about context. We have discussed the theatre scenes for example. You can have set pieces set in the same physical environment but, as movie fans, surely we know that there are so many other variables that lead to a classic scene or a let down. As a long time Bond fan, part of me feels sad that MI seems to win in most (if not all) of these variables IMHO
    Looks good. No character depth unlike Craigs Bond but should be fun.
    Which is a good thing. I don't need action heroes with family issues!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    He’s already done that in 3 and that was dreadful.