Besides James Bond who is your favorite movie and tv character.

SzonanaSzonana Mexico
edited October 2021 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 1,130
Okay bond fans i have what I think it’s an interesting question besides Bond which is your other favorite Movie and tv character.?

For me movie character it’s Tony Stark/IronMan from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. maybe it’s because in some way his personality reminds my two favorite bond portrayals which are Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan and IronMan 3 feels a lot like Die another day.

RDJ did so good in this role very charming with a sarcastic sense of humor.

Tv character Dr House from House MD.I love how smart he is how all of a sudden he can figure out things plus, I adore his sense of humor he mad laugh so much at the clinic moments.

So what about you guys besides bond who are your all time favorite movie and tv characters ?
As you can see i added a character from tv as well since many here are already discussing it too.

Comments

As far as fictional characters are concerned, I'd say George Bailey takes it pretty easily for me. Maybe even over Bond.
    Dracula.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 2,400
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Dracula.

Do you have a favourite who is entirely a cinematic creation?

EDIT: Actually I just realized that doesn't work for mine, either, I always forget that It's a Wonderful Life is an adaptation of The Greatesr Gift...
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Dracula.

EDIT: Actually I just realized that doesn't work for mine, either, I always forget that It's a Wonderful Life is an adaptation of The Greatesr Gift...

Mmmh… Ethan hunt from Mission Impossible.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Phillip Marlowe (Bogart) in The Big Sleep
    Michael Caine as Harry Palmer, or Jack Carter!
    Indy.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Michael Caine's Harry Palmer for me too. The greatest trilogy of spy films outside of the James Bond films themselves.
    Dracula.

Good question. A cinematic character completely created for the screen and not based on any literature whether it be a comic, novel or play.................................
    Lawrence Talbot -The Wolf Man might be up there then.
    George Bailey is a great choice. My favorite James Stewart character.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Does is have to be movies, can tv count?

seventh-doctors-umbrella-6_grande.jpg?w=400

Afterall, I do have replicas of the Jumper, Scarf, Handkerchief and Umbrella.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    6162bf00b0cfe6568e0975286f276ae4.jpg
    Edgar from The Aristocats.
  • Count Dracula
    Captain Nemo
    Sgt. Steiner
    (from Cross of Iron)
    Baron Frankenstein (the Hammer film series)

If also considering Made-for-TV movies (telefilms):

Carl Kolchak
    Richard Sharpe
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    The Tramp
    Harry Callahan
    Inigo Montoya
    Sherlock Holmes
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Michael Caine's Harry Palmer for me too. The greatest trilogy of spy films outside of the James Bond films themselves.

What do you think of Billion Dollar Brain?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mattjoes wrote: »

I love it but obviously it's very different from the other two films in the series. More like doing a large scale, higher stakes Bond film as one of the Harry Palmer films. The influence is definitely there. It was actually the first one of the three 1960s Palmer films I saw in the summer of 2002 after I taped it off the TV. I eventually got them all on DVD and wouldn't mind upgrading to Blu-ray as I understand there's a new set out.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    With regards to collection/obsession that way, I’d say Boba Fett. I have a full suit from ESB I put together/painted myself, and lots of memorabilia.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    With regards to collection/obsession that way, I’d say Boba Fett. I have a full suit from ESB I put together/painted myself, and lots of memorabilia.

I saw Bulloch in full Fett costume outside my local cinema a couple years ago, during a sci-fi festival here.

I saw Bulloch in full Fett costume outside my local cinema a couple years ago, during a sci-fi festival here.

So cool! And a fun Fett / Bond overlap for sure. I've never met Bulloch sadly, but he seemed like a wonderful, down to earth guy who loved his fans.
    I was a member of The Dented Helmet after they had put together that suit for Bulloch, and it was really cool to look back on how they did it and see the videos of them giving it to him.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    John McClane in the first three Die Hards

I love it but obviously it's very different from the other two films in the series. More like doing a large scale, higher stakes Bond film as one of the Harry Palmer films. The influence is definitely there. It was actually the first one of the three 1960s Palmer films I saw in the summer of 2002 after I taped it off the TV. I eventually got them all on DVD and wouldn't mind upgrading to Blu-ray as I understand there's a new set out.

Yes, it's just like that. I like the story; how this millionaire nutcase is being scammed by one of his employees. But the last part I find a little boring. Too much of Midwinter's army traveling to get to Latvia. It's a stylish film though. Great camera work and striking editing.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Valentina Gherardini (Monica Vitti) from La notte.

Milos Hrma (Václav Neckář) from Closely Watched Trains.

Héléna (Isabelle Adjani) from Subway.

And also, on a very different note, Inspector Clouseau (Peter Sellers).

As for tv I’d say, Sonny Crockett and Zorro.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    And also, on a very different note, Inspector Clouseau (Peter Sellers).

I'm going to interject with a warm take and say that A Shot in the Dark is unquestionably the best Panther film. Like it's not even close for me.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Héléna (Isabelle Adjani) from Subway

Another film I might watch. Adjani was superb in Possession.
  • Luke Skywalker and Indiana Jones, since childhood really. Would have Star Wars, Indy, and Bond marathons on VHS.
    I think one of my favorite movie characters is Tommy DeVito. Or perhaps Nicky Santoro, who has some obvious similarities but is a little more complex.

If we expanded into TV as asked before, my favorite character would most likely be Columbo.
    If we expanded into TV as asked before, my favorite character would most likely be Columbo.

You know, I don't think anyone could ever come close to unseating Don Draper for me, but in the past couple of months Columbo has REALLY shot up the list for me. He's probably in my top 10 now.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Good call on Don Draper... I'm struggling to think of a TV character... maybe Walter White? Depends on the parameters; a character I like because of the story and their arc would be WW, but a character I like because they're fun to watch and there are elements I'd want to emulate, DD... tough call.

Another left-field choice could be Michael Scott (sorry Gervais fans); he's hilarious to watch and I love Steve Carrell, but also, in his own way, I think he fundamentally puts people above everything else with I admire.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Good call on Don Draper... I'm struggling to think of a TV character... maybe Walter White? Depends on the parameters; a character I like because of the story and their arc would be WW, but a character I like because they're fun to watch and there are elements I'd want to emulate, DD... tough call.

Another left-field choice could be Michael Scott (sorry Gervais fans); he's hilarious to watch and I love Steve Carrell, but also, in his own way, I think he fundamentally puts people above everything else with I admire.

Any reason you like your Characters is perfectly well valid it can be for its complexity or just poor enjoyment of his personality

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I expanded the question for tv as well.