Bond 26 Title

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Hands Of Fate
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Ryan wrote: »
    I mean, considering where we last saw Bond, maybe Sam Mendes' little bit of pretentious text at the beginning of SPECTRE can be repurposed into a title:

The Dead Are Alive

I think it would have been a great title. But the thing is, it has already appeared on screen in a Bond film. Although, one could say "The World Is Not Enough" was mentioned in OHMSS, but became the title of a Bond film many years later.

Enjoying Death

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I mean, considering where we last saw Bond, maybe Sam Mendes' little bit of pretentious text at the beginning of SPECTRE can be repurposed into a title:

The Dead Are Alive

I think it would have been a great title. But the thing is, it has already appeared on screen in a Bond film. Although, one could say "The World Is Not Enough" was mentioned in OHMSS, but became the title of a Bond film many years later.

Not to mention Licence to Kill and Spectre. The same would be true of The Property of a Lady were they ever to use it as a Bond film title. I hope that they do, incidentally. It has many possibilities, given how open ended it is as a title.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »
    Always Secret

Which is the motto of MI6 of course, but I think it sounds cooler in its original Latin:
    Semper Occultus

It’s not a typical Bond title at all but I think it has the right air to it.

Check this out from 2003 https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/semper_occultus_casting

Oh that’s fun, never heard of that!
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria

The Dead Are Alive

Enjoying Death

It's cool, considering how the last film ended.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

The Dead Are Alive

Not to mention Licence to Kill and Spectre. The same would be true of The Property of a Lady were they ever to use it as a Bond film title. I hope that they do, incidentally. It has many possibilities, given how open ended it is as a title.

Yeah, The Property Of The Lady is a very popular would-be title with Bond fans all over the world.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Well, then maybe they could use:
    "ICARIUS"
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,430
    Writing On The Wall and I think Hildebrand shows up in Spectre.

Provocateur from Skyfall...

Some random others:

The Weight Of The World

Beneath Contempt

Dead To Rights

Off The Cuff

On Borrowed Time

Money To Burn

Hell To Pay

Hot Under The Collar
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Hildebrand does show up in Spectre, the London safehouse is disguised as a shop called "Hildebrand Rarities" or something to that effect.
    Hildebrand does show up in Spectre, the London safehouse is disguised as a shop called "Hildebrand Rarities" or something to that effect.

Yes ! a Great nod...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I find it amusing that in both SF and SP, MI6 are perceived as antiquated but ultimately prove they still have relevance, and then most of the main crew end up in a place doubling as an antique shop.
    "Murder On The Field"
    QBranch wrote: »
    I find it amusing that in both SF and SP, MI6 are perceived as antiquated but ultimately prove they still have relevance, and then most of the main crew end up in a place doubling as an antique shop.

I mean, we had Bond surf a horrendous CGI wave, why couldn't we have this?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

I meant that we already had incoherences and plot holes in the franchise, so this isn't new.
    I meant that we already had incoherences and plot holes in the franchise, so this isn't new.
    I wasn't talking about incoherences and plot holes, nor am I criticizing the scene. Dunno how you arrived at that assumption. I think the safehouse scene is great. As well as the dialogue.
    I wasn't talking about incoherences and plot holes, nor am I criticizing the scene. Dunno how you arrived at that assumption. I think the safehouse scene is great. As well as the dialogue.

Yes ! The MI-6 folks are regarded by some as antiques, but they still are valuable. Superb !
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited October 2022 Posts: 2,930
    I always assumed that Bond and M chose the Hildebrand safehouse precisely because it is so 'analogue' and out of date that it's probably off C's grid.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 989

I was talking about the MI6 relevance part.
    The point to my original comment was that MI6 were perceived by some (Clair Dowar; Denbigh) as antiquated, and then they are later seen in the old prints and rarities shop.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The point to my original comment was that MI6 were perceived by some (Clair Dowar; Denbigh) as antiquated, and then they are later seen in the old prints and rarities shop.

I always think it's quite an interesting theme that Bond and MI6 usually represent the past and the status quo both in terms of what they stand for and quite often visually, with the old cars, suits, wood panelling etc. and the baddies are quite often representing modernity with their nehru collared suits and modernist Ken Adam lairs; and that theme goes back to Fleming too of course (most notably Goldfinger taking his name from a modernist architect Fleming hated).
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

That is a pretty funny coincidence.
    In that case, Bond 26 can also be Smiert Spionam/Death To Spies.
    Between The Lines

Shadow Frontier

Ear To The Ground

Change Of Hearts

Numbered Days

Dead To The World

A Fair Shake

The Problem At Hand

Dressed To Kill

Cold Shoulder

The Third Degree

Against The Grain

Half A Mind

Death Warmed Over

Rank And File

With Baited Breath

Half A Mind, sounds good.
    "Tommorow Never Knows"
    The Sound Of Silence.
    The Sound Of Silence.

S.O.S. Nice.
    "Yesterday Becomes Tomorrow"
    LucknFate wrote: »
    The Sound Of Silence.

S.O.S. Nice.

Or maybe Golden Silence OR Silence Is Golden.