Rank the 5 Daniel Craig Bond films (no discussion, just list)

11011121416

Comments

  • edited December 2022 Posts: 6,682
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,665
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.
  • Posts: 6,682
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.

    Yes, I quite agree. In fact, it’s a bit sad to think I don’t love a Bond film since 2012. That was a decade ago :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,665
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.

    Yes, I quite agree. In fact, it’s a bit sad to think I don’t love a Bond film since 2012. That was a decade ago :(

    The last one for me was QoS, and I really, really loved that one. You're telling me, it's such a drag waiting that long to find another installment you love. I think that's why I managed to look more favorably upon NTTD; otherwise, now that the honeymoon phase is over and the emotional impact is gone, I'm not terribly invested in a lot of the big ideas and implementations in the film, particularly killing off Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.

    Yes, I quite agree. In fact, it’s a bit sad to think I don’t love a Bond film since 2012. That was a decade ago :(

    The last one for me was QoS, and I really, really loved that one. You're telling me, it's such a drag waiting that long to find another installment you love. I think that's why I managed to look more favorably upon NTTD; otherwise, now that the honeymoon phase is over and the emotional impact is gone, I'm not terribly invested in a lot of the big ideas and implementations in the film, particularly killing off Bond.

    I often wonder how I would have received the film if it had come out on time in April, 2020. I liked NTTD a lot and I found the ending to be risky and rewarding. But it also seemed to fit well with a Fall 2021, COVID atmosphere. I will look back on NTTD as being a product of COVID, with its virus-oriented plot line. And yet, as we all know, the film was completed and in the can before COVID was ever on the radar.

  • edited December 2022 Posts: 6,682
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.

    Yes, I quite agree. In fact, it’s a bit sad to think I don’t love a Bond film since 2012. That was a decade ago :(

    The last one for me was QoS, and I really, really loved that one. You're telling me, it's such a drag waiting that long to find another installment you love. I think that's why I managed to look more favorably upon NTTD; otherwise, now that the honeymoon phase is over and the emotional impact is gone, I'm not terribly invested in a lot of the big ideas and implementations in the film, particularly killing off Bond.

    That's exactly it. I don't think big ideas and implementations is being risky. Neither was turning Craig's era into a soap opera with awful continuity and really, really bad writing. I can say it now, NTTD was poorly written. Cringeworthy, really. At least QOS benefited from silences, due to the strikes. I prefer a silent Bond to a cringeworthy one. And the Scooby gang, which was thankfully absent from CR and QOS, really ruined the rest of the films for me.

    Sometimes I think I could ring up the producers and make myself useful. At least I have 11 published books (a 12th out next year), all critically well received, six of them novels. None are of the spy genre, and english, alas, is not my mother tongue, even though two of them were written and published in the King's. I'm not saying a fan should ever be the writer of choice, I'm just saying I think I have some sensitivity towards the quality of the written word, and we're sadly lacking in that department since 2006. But NTTD was particularly jarring. I think no one here will firmly state that the Daniel Craig James Bond from CR was given the same quality of lines throughout his other entries. And no, let's not confuse the differentiation in characterisation and language with an arch. One is perfectly distinguishable from the other.

    Oh, how I wish they would get new writers. Hey, I'm available, sort of. Well, I'd find the time ;)

    And boy oh boy, @Creasy47, my friend, are we due a good film by now ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 40,665
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.

    Yes, I quite agree. In fact, it’s a bit sad to think I don’t love a Bond film since 2012. That was a decade ago :(

    The last one for me was QoS, and I really, really loved that one. You're telling me, it's such a drag waiting that long to find another installment you love. I think that's why I managed to look more favorably upon NTTD; otherwise, now that the honeymoon phase is over and the emotional impact is gone, I'm not terribly invested in a lot of the big ideas and implementations in the film, particularly killing off Bond.

    That's exactly it. I don't think big ideas and implementations is being risky. Neither was turning Craig's era into a soap opera with awful continuity and really, really bad writing. I can say it now, NTTD was poorly written. Cringeworthy, really. At least QOS benefited from silences, due to the strikes. I prefer a silent Bond to a cringeworthy one. And the Scooby gang, which was thankfully absent from CR and QOS, really ruined the rest of the films for me.

    Sometimes I think I could ring up the producers and make myself useful. At least I have 11 published books (a 12th out next year), all critically well received, six of them novels. None are of the spy genre, and english, alas, is not my mother tongue, even though two of them were written and published in the King's. I'm not saying a fan should ever be the writer of choice, I'm just saying I think I have some sensitivity towards the quality of the written word, and we're sadly lacking in that department since 2006. But NTTD was particularly jarring. I think no one here will firmly state that the Daniel Craig James Bond from CR was given the same quality of lines throughout his other entries. And no, let's not confuse the differentiation in characterisation and language with an arch. One is perfectly distinguishable from the other.

    Oh, how I wish they would get new writers. Hey, I'm available, sort of. Well, I'd find the time ;)

    And boy oh boy, @Creasy47, my friend, are we due a good film by now ;)

    I tried to stop complaining about the Scooby Gang for a while but I would wholeheartedly love it if the next era reduced the screentime and focus of M, MP, Q and co., especially when we continue to cut back to them while Bond's on a mission. I know some would argue that it makes the films too formulaic and repetitive but I really don't care about it when it comes to those characters. I don't think I can stomach seeing Bond chat up Moneypenny on the phone about her lovers while escaping from an assassin again. It's too much.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 6,682
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP
    NTTD (which I haven’t seen more than once. Last time I felt this way for a Bond film was in 2002 with DAD. In fact, DAF, DAD, NTTD and MR, hardly get any visitations from me these days)

    As stated in another thread, always good to see you around, @Univex!

    What would you say are the main issues that have you avoiding NTTD?

    Thank you, @Creasy47, old friend.
    Well, I can’t, for the life of me, recognise Bond as the character I grew up loving, from the books and films, in the second part of the film. I do like the first part, a lot actually. But when it starts to go downhill, it really hits rock bottom, IMO. And, in these times of doom and gloom, I just can’t fandom having him killed off in the end and not being ambiguous about his fate. If I could fix NTTD, I’d do it this way: No kid, no nanobots. Don’t kill Bond at the end or leave it ambiguous. Better, punchier song. And a totally different wardrobe for our man Bond. Trying to give a short answer to your question here, and probably failing, my friend :)

    Not at all! I totally get where you're coming from with a lot of that. I think I ended up liking it more than I would've at face value because of how much I loathed SP and how entertaining the action was in some respects - short and sweet, but pretty entertaining overall, sans the snappy machine-gunning in Cuba and some sequences that aren't as exciting or expansive as I was hoping they'd be after seeing them teased in the marketing.

    Yes, I quite agree. In fact, it’s a bit sad to think I don’t love a Bond film since 2012. That was a decade ago :(

    The last one for me was QoS, and I really, really loved that one. You're telling me, it's such a drag waiting that long to find another installment you love. I think that's why I managed to look more favorably upon NTTD; otherwise, now that the honeymoon phase is over and the emotional impact is gone, I'm not terribly invested in a lot of the big ideas and implementations in the film, particularly killing off Bond.

    That's exactly it. I don't think big ideas and implementations is being risky. Neither was turning Craig's era into a soap opera with awful continuity and really, really bad writing. I can say it now, NTTD was poorly written. Cringeworthy, really. At least QOS benefited from silences, due to the strikes. I prefer a silent Bond to a cringeworthy one. And the Scooby gang, which was thankfully absent from CR and QOS, really ruined the rest of the films for me.

    Sometimes I think I could ring up the producers and make myself useful. At least I have 11 published books (a 12th out next year), all critically well received, six of them novels. None are of the spy genre, and english, alas, is not my mother tongue, even though two of them were written and published in the King's. I'm not saying a fan should ever be the writer of choice, I'm just saying I think I have some sensitivity towards the quality of the written word, and we're sadly lacking in that department since 2006. But NTTD was particularly jarring. I think no one here will firmly state that the Daniel Craig James Bond from CR was given the same quality of lines throughout his other entries. And no, let's not confuse the differentiation in characterisation and language with an arch. One is perfectly distinguishable from the other.

    Oh, how I wish they would get new writers. Hey, I'm available, sort of. Well, I'd find the time ;)

    And boy oh boy, @Creasy47, my friend, are we due a good film by now ;)

    I tried to stop complaining about the Scooby Gang for a while but I would wholeheartedly love it if the next era reduced the screentime and focus of M, MP, Q and co., especially when we continue to cut back to them while Bond's on a mission. I know some would argue that it makes the films too formulaic and repetitive but I really don't care about it when it comes to those characters. I don't think I can stomach seeing Bond chat up Moneypenny on the phone while escaping from an assassin again. It's too much.

    Me neither. They were the absolute worst thing from this series, IMO.

    And about the formula, the way I see it, they've been trying to kill the goose with the golden eggs for years now. And, unfortunately, succeeding. There are tons of ways the formula could still work with little tweaks and updates. Clever variations of a winning formula, that's the way to do it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,665
    I'm all for trying something new but I grew up on that formulaic, traditional approach, so I'd be all for the next era just going back to some basic, standalone missions where the only thing that transfers from film to film is the chemistry and camaraderie between Bond and his colleagues. But as you say, there's absolutely a way to meet in the middle on that. I fear they love their approach with the Craig era too much that we'll get another personal backstory-driven era that tries to tie things together in a retroactive way that kinda falls flat. I hope I'm wrong and we get something a bit more fun and escapist, because that's why I fell in love so deeply with the series in the first place.
  • Posts: 6,682
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    something a bit more fun and escapist, because that's why I fell in love so deeply with the series in the first place.

    Me too, my friend, me too. Fun, exotic, stylish escapism, with a solid espionage plot . That's what we need.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,007
    CR
    QOS
    SF
    NTTD
    SP


    QOS and SF are usually neck and neck for me. Today, it wins.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,007
    Well, it happened.
    Spectre has officially overtaken NTTD, which brings my Craig rankings exactly on trend with Brosnan’s (ie. a straight line downward through their tenure - GE, TND, TWINE, DAD):

    1. CR
    2. QOS
    3. SF
    4. SP
    5. NTTD

    My main reason for the switch is that NTTD feels very awkward and uneven in its writing and tone. It almost comes across as a very expensive Bond imitation film. Despite some beautiful shots, I find the dream-like cinematography rather distracting and oversaturated. The dialogue is too chatty, and the villain/ending still isn’t “settling in” for me. Where NTTD has many excellent moments, at least Spectre has a decent 2/3.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Posts: 2,972
    Agreed - Dan's films are best in order of release. With a big drop between QOS and SF... ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,698
    Venutius wrote: »
    Agreed - Dan's films are best in order of release. With a big drop between QOS and SF... ;)

    Yep.
  • Posts: 1,625
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    NTTD (A better title for this film would have been Coda.)
    SPECTRE
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,698
    CR
    QOS

    SP
    SF



    NTTD
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited March 2023 Posts: 3,401
    1. Skyfall
    2. Casino Royale
    3. Quantum of Solace
    4. SPECTRE
    5. No Time To Die

    NTTD is where Craig acting like himself, it's more of Craig's film than a Bond film, NTTD is no different to his previous films outside of Bond like Flashbacks of a fool, or Enduring Love, it feels more like a film of Daniel Craig than a Bond film, and again, there's Madeleine Swann (I just don't liked her, she's very unlikeable).

    SPECTRE is better in that it's still felt like a Bond film, it's not pretending, and whereas with NTTD the story, everything that's happened in the film was like slapping on your face, like a force spoon feeding, with SPECTRE it's not like that, the only thing that ruined it was Madeleine Swann and the whole step brother thing, but remove those two and it's a decent or good Bond film, it would probably have been better than Quantum, given that Craig's acting was really superb in SPECTRE, whereas Quantum he's Bourne-like, but alas, the stars had never aligned.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,915
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    NTTD
    SP

    Skyfall and Quantum of Solace could quite easily switch places.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2023 Posts: 7,527
    Quality of Filmmaking (IMO):
    1. CR
    2. SF
    3. NTTD
    4. QOS
    5. SP

    Preference:
    1. CR
    2. SP
    3. QOS
    4. NTTD
    5. SF
  • Posts: 2,161
    Still no change, I think.

    CR
    QOS
    SF

    NTTD

    SP
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 6,060
    CR
    QoS
    NTTD
    SF
    SP

    I'm still amazed that they chose to double down on SP. If ever a film in the series deserved to be left behind, it's that one.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Posts: 3,985
    Birdleson wrote: »
    CR
    QOS
    SF
    NTTD
    SP

    Crikey! Someone with the same ranking as myself...!!! Great taste @Birdleson 😁
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 1,030
    CR
    SF
    SP
    QoS
    NTTD

    Mine would be completely chronological if I didn't think QoS was a bit of a mess. That said, I like all of the first four Craig movies and would argue they're the best run of four Bond films since the sixties. Though TLD-TND was good fun as well.

  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    Posts: 60
    Still no change to mine, and I think it’s permanent and final.

    CR
    SF
    NTTD
    SP
    QoS
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    Still no change to mine, and I think it’s permanent and final.

    CR
    SF
    NTTD
    SP
    QoS

    Basically the same as mine, just flip SF and CR.
  • Posts: 12,310
    Still no change to mine, and I think it’s permanent and final.

    CR
    SF
    NTTD
    SP
    QoS

    Not trying to sound condescending towards you, but that probably would be the exact order general audiences collectively, who have seen them all, would put it, if I’m not mistaken.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,665
    I honestly can't ever envision a day where this ranking changes at all:

    1. QoS
    2. CR
    3. NTTD
    4. SF
    5. SP

    The jump from NTTD to SF marks a huge drop off in my level of enjoyment.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,527
    Yeah I can't help but find Skyfall to be a bit boring these days. Usually won't get through it in one sitting.

    It is beautiful though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,665
    My one main takeaway is how absolutely beautiful every frame is, when wonky CGI or green screen isn't stinking it up.

    That's about all I get out of it though. The performances are very solid. And trust me, I've tried really, really, really hard to come around on this one. It's only gone up in my estimations thanks to how utterly terrible I think SP is.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,527
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    My one main takeaway is how absolutely beautiful every frame is, when wonky CGI or green screen isn't stinking it up.

    That's about all I get out of it though. The performances are very solid. And trust me, I've tried really, really, really hard to come around on this one. It's only gone up in my estimations thanks to how utterly terrible I think SP is.

    I think they felt a ton of pressure to make the 50th anniversary Bond as immaculate as possible; crossing every t and dotting every i, rounding every corner off, putting as much "Bond" in it as absolutely possible, and I think they accomplished all that... but forgot to make it fun.

    The polar opposite of Spectre; slapped together, rough around the edges, pieces don't quite all fit... but I derive a lot more fun from it.
Sign In or Register to comment.