Piz Gloria souvenirs

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
in Merchandise Posts: 1,400
Amazingly, no 007 stuff except for a pen?
https://shop.schilthorn.ch/en/schilthorn-souvenirs-1

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That is seriously disappointing. Licence issues perhaps?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I wouldn't think so. given that the place has 007 plastered all over it. Check here and look for "Top Shop" https://schilthorn.ch/en/Company/Gallery
  • There must be some distinction in their agreement between branding the venue itself with 007 insignia and selling 007-branded product. Even the pen's design is a generic figure in a tux—nothing that legally infringes on 007 territory.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 1,400
    There must be some distinction in their agreement between branding the venue itself with 007 insignia and selling 007-branded product. Even the pen's design is a generic figure in a tux—nothing that legally infringes on 007 territory.

The photos in the gallery show they have/or had at one time, 007 logo merch...including the elusive snowglobe.
  • =bg= wrote: »
    There must be some distinction in their agreement between branding the venue itself with 007 insignia and selling 007-branded product. Even the pen's design is a generic figure in a tux—nothing that legally infringes on 007 territory.

The photos in the gallery show they have/or had at one time, 007 logo merch...including the elusive snowglobe.

Maybe they can only sell it onsite?
  • I go to Piz Gloria quite often - at least once per year, lately. I live relatively close by and vacation in Lauterbrunnen regularly. I climbed (well, jogged) to the top in July and was going to go skiing there in December, before COVID scuttled those plans.

Rest assured that on-site there are a lot of souvenirs and the 007 branding features prominently.

It's a pretty fun spot, actually - highly recommended for a brunch.
    PG says look for 007 merch soon; ''it still takes a few weeks until the 007 items will be available through the online shop.''
    And....no 007 merch avail.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to produce any more items with the 007 Logo. The snow globe will not be available for sale anymore. If you are interested in anything else like magnets or keyrings etc. please get in touch with us again.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    =bg= wrote: »

Unfortunately we are not allowed to produce any more items with the 007 Logo. The snow globe will not be available for sale anymore. If you are interested in anything else like magnets or keyrings etc. please get in touch with us again.

Strange. @Max_The_Parrot got a snow globe last year and still flies happily around with it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    What about the burgers.
    Snow Globe = 007 Holy Grail.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Was about to buy the pen, til I saw the shipping cost is twice as much.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This has to still be available.

James Bond 007 Burger . Schilthorn - Piz Gloria
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Maybe they've put the Bond souvenirs on ice? ;)
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited April 2021 Posts: 2,342
    octofinger wrote: »
    I go to Piz Gloria quite often - at least once per year, lately. I live relatively close by and vacation in Lauterbrunnen regularly. I climbed (well, jogged) to the top in July and was going to go skiing there in December, before COVID scuttled those plans.

Rest assured that on-site there are a lot of souvenirs and the 007 branding features prominently.

It's a pretty fun spot, actually - highly recommended for a brunch.

Looks like great fun.

50 YEARS . On Her Majesty‘s Secret Service (01.06.2019)

007 caps for sale in this video clip
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited April 2021 Posts: 2,426
    =bg= wrote: »

Strange. @Max_The_Parrot got a snow globe last year and still flies happily around with it.

Interesting! There was surprisingly little 007 branded merchandise there last year when I went, nearly everything was Schilthorn/Piz Gloria branded instead. They did have a Schilthorn ski jacket with small 007 logo. The Bond snow globe was nowhere in sight and the only other snow globes were small Piz Gloria or Schilthorn generic ones. I was talking with the lady at the counter and mentioned I was looking for the Bond snow globe and she said due to the pandemic they were struggling with getting most of their merchandise over from China. However unbeknown to me she went away and had a good rummage through the storeroom and tracked me down the very last Bond globe which she happened to find tucked away in a dusty corner!

Apart from the globe the only other merch with the 007 logo I saw was a small key ring, I picked up a James Bond/Schilthorn baseball cap with the name but not the logo (none of the other caps shown in that video were in store, again only generic Schilthorn ones).

Other than that all the other merch I picked up was a kind of pretend Bond, eg a mug with a silhouetted non-official Bond in a gun barrel with Schilthorn/Piz Gloria logo, a scarf with Bond World and silhouettes of could-be Bond/ could-be Bond girls on etc., plenty of merch with images of Piz Gloria itself on etc. but no actual mention of the name James Bond or 007 on them. No Bond t- shirts, sweatshirts or clothing other than the mentioned jacket.

It could just have been pandemic stock related, but despite screaming Bond everywhere else, the shop felt like it was very much pushing the Schilthorn/Piz Gloria tag line rather than Bond/007. I’ll be interested to see if the suggestion they can no longer use the logo turns out to be true.

B267-ECC6-F1-BF-4-DE2-A9-BB-8848-FEEF0-CE9.jpg

PS no fear about the 007 burger tho, I devoured one of those!
    If you get another globe, LMK!!
    I noticed in a recent PG instagram, the 007 logos have been removed from the outside and it just says "ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE" in block letters. The 007 logo has also been removed from the photos on the PG photo gallery on their website.