could skyfall turn out as another DAD

13»

Comments

• Absolutely not. There's no way one can compare the cast and crew of Skyfall to that of DAD. As @actonsteve stated above, Mendes and Craig are both genuinely excited about the script. Can we please drop this now? ;))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 14,034
    We should be comparing anniversary hype- not films. Because some of us weren't disappointed by DAD.
  • If we can go back to the original post then it's safe to say Skyfall won't be anything like Die Another Day

For a start, Mendes is a better director than Tamahori, we'll have an able bodied Craig rather than a sluggish out of sorts Brosnan, no Halle Berry, no Madonna, no Invisible cars or surfing giant waves either you would expect

Bottom line is, and we don't know quite what to expect as of yet, we're a long way off from the finished article, but surely the end product will be a marked improvement on Brosnan's last 2002 release. I am quietly confident.
    i agree, you dont put a quality cast together in front and behind the camera to do a spoof bond movie! I think it could well be a modern classic!
    No and NO.

Just look at both Mendes and Deakins Resumes and those speak for themselves.

• Some of you seem to be missing the point and thinking that I mean skyfall will actually be a film like DAD. I dont mean in terms of the film being overblown with CGI and completely over the top, I mean in terms of everybody getting excited and then it doesn't turn out that good.

And I know mendes is a great director but good director can still mean bad film, but then again it more than likely means good film, im not getting my hopes up or expecting the worst, im just gonna wait and see.
    Some of you seem to be missing the point and thinking that I mean skyfall will actually be a film like DAD. I dont mean in terms of the film being overblown with CGI and completely over the top, I mean in terms of everybody getting excited and then it doesn't turn out that good.

And I know mendes is a great director but good director can still mean bad film, but then again it more than likely means good film, im not getting my hopes up or expecting the worst, im just gonna wait and see.

Quite right after QoS I am not getting my hopes up either. Would like a decent 007 movie.

With QoS we also had a DC that told us how great the movie turned out. He now 3 years later had something different.

I have hope, but not the conviction. Nothing to do with Craig but the choices by EON.

• SaintMark wrote:
    Some of you seem to be missing the point and thinking that I mean skyfall will actually be a film like DAD. I dont mean in terms of the film being overblown with CGI and completely over the top, I mean in terms of everybody getting excited and then it doesn't turn out that good.

Quite right after QoS I am not getting my hopes up either. Would like a decent 007 movie.

With QoS we also had a DC that told us how great the movie turned out. He now 3 years later had something different.

I have hope, but not the conviction. Nothing to do with Craig but the choices by EON.

exactly
    It is very unlikely that even if it is a disappointing movie it can even half as bad as DAD. Skyfall has a much better director (I am not a big fan of Mendes, but he is capable), a much better casting and well, they cannot have totally forgotten their mistakes with DAD. Like somebody mentioned here, it would be like having Batman & Robin a second time.