Project 007 - IO Interactive - The New James Bond Video Game

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2021 Posts: 40,285
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 847
    Nothing that we know since january, what great questions IGN have asked...
    Indeed, but I guess IO is keeping tight-lipped when it comes to most details. Just sounds like a rehash of them noting that they're crafting an original story that draws on the entire history. I like hearing that repeated.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's not new news, but it is nonetheless welcome to have it reinforced.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    So, our new overlords at Amazon have their own game studio division, which has apparently been pretty useless (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-01-29/amazon-game-studios-struggles-to-find-a-hit). They tried, among other failures, to create a Lord of the Rings game to go with the LotR Prime show, but the game has been canceled after their partner studio was bought by Tencent (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-17/amazon-cancels-lord-of-the-rings-game-announced-two-years-ago). So, not really great at playing with others it seems.

I am a tiny bit alarmed by this, but I hope the contracts for at least one title from IOI are ironclad enough for Project 007 to still go ahead unimpeded. I think the chances of IOI doing a trilogy have dropped though. Amazon will probably prefer doing film tie-in games on their own.

The big one, as always with Amazon, is whether they will try to buy IOI but that would probably take a really long time (their mergers and acquisitions people are kind of occupied at the moment) and I think IOI like their current indy status.
    So, our new overlords at Amazon have their own game studio division, which has apparently been pretty useless (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-01-29/amazon-game-studios-struggles-to-find-a-hit). They tried, among other failures, to create a Lord of the Rings game to go with the LotR Prime show, but the game has been canceled after their partner studio was bought by Tencent (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-17/amazon-cancels-lord-of-the-rings-game-announced-two-years-ago). So, not really great at playing with others it seems.

I am a tiny bit alarmed by this, but I hope the contracts for at least one title from IOI are ironclad enough for Project 007 to still go ahead unimpeded. I think the chances of IOI doing a trilogy have dropped though. Amazon will probably prefer doing film tie-in games on their own.

The big one, as always with Amazon, is whether they will try to buy IOI but that would probably take a really long time (their mergers and acquisitions people are kind of occupied at the moment) and I think IOI like their current indy status.

Project 007 is going through from what I have heard but after that it’s anyone’s guess
    I highly doubt it's even close to a state where they're ready to show off the game, unless it's another early look cinematic tease.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I highly doubt it's even close to a state where they're ready to show off the game, unless it's another early look cinematic tease.

I would love at least to see wat IO interactive's Bond looks like
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,766
    Are IO even at E3?

Also, I think they're still hiring people.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    In the meantime, Graslu00 is playing hybrid mod of Far Cry and Goldeneye. The graphics and music are spot on. Only missing the actual characters.

• RyanRyan Canada
    In the meantime, Graslu00 is playing hybrid mod of Far Cry and Goldeneye. The graphics and music are spot on. Only missing the actual characters.

Once I heard about this I checked it out. It's not a mod per se since it was created using the game's level editor. I'm assuming that's why this kind of went unnoticed for a long time.

The great thing, for those that don't already know, is that means it is super easy to play. All you need is a copy of Far Cry 5 and the levels can be found in the custom maps in the online Arcade mode across all consoles. I've only played Dam through Runway so far but the attention to detail is astounding. Aside from the repurposing of objectives to fit within the confines of Ubisoft's level creator it is amazing they were able to include so many elements in unmatched detail. Definitely scratches the itch of what GoldenEye 25 would have been.

Speaking of GoldenEye 25 - it's worth noting that Graslu dubbed the music in after the fact using the abandoned cues from the GoldenEye 25 project, so if you play it for yourself you unfortunately don't get the music. Best to pop on your favourite Bond score and enjoy!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Ryan wrote: »

Once I heard about this I checked it out. It's not a mod per se since it was created using the game's level editor. I'm assuming that's why this kind of went unnoticed for a long time.

The great thing, for those that don't already know, is that means it is super easy to play. All you need is a copy of Far Cry 5 and the levels can be found in the custom maps in the online Arcade mode across all consoles. I've only played Dam through Runway so far but the attention to detail is astounding. Aside from the repurposing of objectives to fit within the confines of Ubisoft's level creator it is amazing they were able to include so many elements in unmatched detail. Definitely scratches the itch of what GoldenEye 25 would have been.

Speaking of GoldenEye 25 - it's worth noting that Graslu dubbed the music in after the fact using the abandoned cues from the GoldenEye 25 project, so if you play it for yourself you unfortunately don't get the music. Best to pop on your favourite Bond score and enjoy!

I think you need a Playstation Plus subscription as well. I have FC5 and it prompted me to subscribe once I selected arcade mode. The music is spot on. It's only missing character interactions which probably isn't plausible for this sort of thing.
  • RyanRyan Canada

I think you need a Playstation Plus subscription as well. I have FC5 and it prompted me to subscribe once I selected arcade mode. The music is spot on. It's only missing character interactions which probably isn't plausible for this sort of thing.

Technically yes (or similarly an Xbox Live subscription), but I suppose that's unavoidable on the consoles for online play.

I'm just amazed how faithful the creator was able to make the environments considering the tools are limited to whatever is within the Ubisoft map creator. Granted, I've never looked into the creator so I'm not sure how in depth it is. I am definitely thankful for the user that ported these marvelous creations over to Xbox and PC! I plan to finish the other maps tonight.

Technically yes (or similarly an Xbox Live subscription), but I suppose that's unavoidable on the consoles for online play.

I'm just amazed how faithful the creator was able to make the environments considering the tools are limited to whatever is within the Ubisoft map creator. Granted, I've never looked into the creator so I'm not sure how in depth it is. I am definitely thankful for the user that ported these marvelous creations over to Xbox and PC! I plan to finish the other maps tonight.

Took them 1400 hours to make it. Remarkable. It may just prompt me to buy a month subscription just to play it.
  • RyanRyan Canada

Took them 1400 hours to make it. Remarkable. It may just prompt me to buy a month subscription just to play it.

For sure. I quite literally bought Far Cry 5 just to play these maps. I've never followed the series but it was on sale on the Xbox store for $12 which was well worth it. The actual game looks like I'll enjoy it as well.

For sure. I quite literally bought Far Cry 5 just to play these maps. I've never followed the series but it was on sale on the Xbox store for $12 which was well worth it. The actual game looks like I'll enjoy it as well.

The game itself is beautifully made. The plot is what you'll make of it but still highly addictive with plenty of side quests that range from fishing to racing a couple to have their baby delivered. You may find yourself wanting to punch your tv at times when you get captured at random.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    https://career.ioi.dk/ad/ai-programmer/0e2rre

A new job listing includes "experience working with 3rd person action games" as a desired, but non-essential skill.

Red_Snow wrote: »
    https://career.ioi.dk/ad/ai-programmer/0e2rre

A new job listing includes "experience working with 3rd person action games" as a desired, but non-essential skill.
    well i figured project 007 would be thirdperson similar to their hitman games but still nice to kind of have a confirm
    Somehow I completely missed this news until an hour ago. I haven't played with any game for years, but I will definitely want to play with this one! Very excited!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 9,694

New video of the potential game
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I get why now might be a good time to release an update on Project 007. But to look at it from another perspective, this is their own Bond, not Craig's. So maybe IOI want to let the dust settle on NTTD, before giving an update on the game. Let NTTD have its time in the spotlight, before Project 007 takes its turn.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    A little off topic, but for anyone who has Counterstrike: Source on steam (or is willing to get it), it’s very easy to download the Goldeneye: Source mod to play some classic GE multiplayer, but online and with updated graphics. Classic levels, characters, and guns are all there. Might be a fun pastime to play with some members here.
    I am hoping we get some new info next month
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/jxxoj1/first_official_look_at_project_007_by_io/

this is probably a fan made artwork but I kind of like this
    Can't wait to leave the Craig look for Bond behind.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Lol definitely fake :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Can't put into words how through the roof I was when this was first announced. I remember talking with all you gents many years ago about how perfect IO would be for taking on this license, especially since the recent Hitman games were in some part auditions for a Bond game.

There is so much I look forward to. I don't look forward to much anymore, as it seems only a few games release in working order and high quality these days, and I've lost a lot of trust in the industry at large. That being said, this game is at the top of my list and I'm just hungry to get a first look at it. I'm interested to see how Bond looks, how close they'll go to creating a more Fleming styled Bond with the scar, or a more original look based off of nothing in particular.

Obviously my dream is for it to be a third person spy game with missions that are clearly defined but wide open in terms of the ways you can complete your goals. I don't expect the game to be like Hitman where you go to one giant location to just get one target, I imagine it will having more depth and variety than that. Some missions may be like the Hitman open levels, but hopefully there's other times where we get chases in vehicles or missions that aren't focused just on getting one person or doing one objective.

I also hope there's some great pre-mission customization, where you can control how to dress Bond for the job and pick out what gear you want to give him. It'd be cool if each mission started with a trip to the Q Branch Labs where Bond chooses his kit and body gear ahead of the job.

More than anything, it's just exciting to have a Bond game on the horizon again. I am so relieved that a chance has been taken on putting Bond on disc again, after Activision did their damnedest to burn any hope of it to the ground. I feel very confident about IO, and think this game will finally show EON at large the marketability of Bond in game form and that fans are prepared to buy Bond games in droves, they just have to be worthy of quality.
    Oh that's definitely fan made. That's just 47 with a buzzcut. I wish they could drop some news on Project 007, the wait is agonizing.

Though scroll down the page to another post. This one gave me a chuckle. So true.

p2xjtwnzhtx71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=3de9118b3b3695962accc2a09c229522f538e656
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @MajorDSmythe, so what you're saying is, a valuable missing piece of 47's kit is a skin dying solution for in the field use? ;-)