Which Bond girl aged the best...by age 50?

echoecho 007 in New York
in Bond Movies Posts: 5,961
Which one looks/looked the best?

Comments

Monica Bellucci
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    edited May 2020 Posts: 3,104
    Gonna say Honor Blackman because Honor Blackman is always the answer.
    Monica Bellucci if I would want to add to this quite sexist thread.

It will be really interesting what people will answer.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Not sure why it's sexist.

Anyway, my vote is for Halle Berry.
    echo wrote: »
    Not sure why it's sexist.

Anyway, my vote is for Halle Berry.

Which Bond girl aged the best...by age 50? that is the question, do you need any more arguments.

Personally I think that Connery and Brosnan aged best a 50 years.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    That's the point...we talk about, for example, Moore or Craig's aging all the time.
    We talk about them all the time but should refrain ourselves from the discussion about the females and their age that is indeed rather sexist. If you discuss females in the movies and call them ugly for the part instead of referring to their acting skills it is sexist again.
    How they aged with 50 says nothing about their skills or anything is just talking about looks and nothing else.
    8-|

There's nothing wrong with talking about "looks and nothing else". They all look(ed) wonderful at 50. We're talking about which one looked better. Like @echo said, we do it all the time regarding "males". In fact, I'm more affected by your tendency to call them "females", as if this was an Attenborough documentary about wild life.

If you want to complain about sexism, do drop by in the "Friday" thread, @SaintMark. I'm sure most comments will be horrific for you your sensibilities.

Point being, no one is being sexist here. @echo just wanted to compliment a 50 year old woman on her looks, whomever she'd be.

Saying Bellucci and Adams were beautiful at 50 shouldn't be taken as sexist at all, unless you'd refer them as "females", that is ;)

It's not as though we're Zuckerberg and his pals in the dorms, ratting girls.

Relax.
    I disagree fully with your defense and yes the Friday thread is that just as well. It still is a fact that both are sexist, you might be fine with it that does not alter the fact.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 6,677
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I disagree fully with your defense and yes the Friday thread is that just as well. It still is a fact that both are sexist, you might be fine with it that does not alter the fact.

Thought you'd say that :)
    You know, most "human animals" do like it when they're appreciated in a rather respectful manner, looks wise. I see no disrespect here, nor do I see it in the "Friday thread".
    Univex wrote: »

I knew that would be your response.
    Univex wrote: »

I knew that would be your response.

We're so bloody predictable, you and I ;)
    No bad blood here.
    There is none whatsoever @Univex
    Monica Bellucci, Carole Bouquet, Jane Seymour, Halle Berry, Sophie Marceau and Michelle Yeoh come to mind.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Eunice Gayson (Silvia Trench)

a3b6d88553f5cd316c2d79eaeda542ed.jpg
    Think that is in her 50-60's on this picture:

She looks likes on Ana de Armas (or should we say other way around), in 1969 movie 9-10 year younger (40-41 years old)

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/english-actress-eunice-gayson-posed-on-the-set-of-the-television-picture-id495790543?s=2048x2048
    https://www.gettyimages.nl/fotos/eunice-gayson?family=editorial&phrase=eunice gayson&sort=mostpopular

Funny this is that Eunice is from 1928 and whas 33-34 in Dr NO, but looks or made older and Armas is from 1988 and is 31-32 in NTTD.

If i remember correctly Eunice Gayson was also the Bond girl who promotion 50 Years BD Box in 2012.

https://www.gettyimages.nl/fotos/eunice-gayson

This how Samantha Bond (Monepenny) looks like on red carpted premiere of CR in 2006, when she was 45:

article-1194397-05601996000005DC-98_233x491.jpg

If i imagine i meeting somebody born in 1970, it mean she is born age 10 years older then me (1980), but feeling actualy age or what other people think is 1987-1992. My age rank for a woman is 1995-1972, but only in exeption overall more 1992-1972. Fact is that 50 year old is to old to give birth to child and mabey with right person i stil whant it. But it is even possible i accepted that she mabey already have.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    is there a most handsome Bond thread?.... I bet not. You sexists.
    peter wrote: »
    is there a most handsome Bond thread?.... I bet not. You sexists.
    eheh ;)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19864/who-is-the-most-handsome-007#latest

I'd say what goes for one, goes for the other.

If you can discuss the looks of one sex, I see no reason why you can't discuss the looks of the other. As long as we remain respectful, of course.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    thanks @GoldenGun -- I was being facetious.