TV Music themes, is it me?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

This is great.
    Here's a few of my favorites:

patb wrote: »
    Season 1 is Lalo Schifrin, one of THE greats. I think one thing we can say is that there was an era where great big screen composers also did great small screen writing and this is a perfect example.

Re Battle of the Planets - if you just listened to the music, you would never guess it was a kids cartoon TV series. It genuinely sounds like a big screen sound track - thanks, I had forgotten that one.

Can I add another?

Lalo is a legend I was listening to some of his work on Mission Impossible, Bullit and Enter the Dragon earlier on one of my Amazon Music playlists, Lalo is one of my favorite composers, amazing themes.

Airwolf was a classic also, music in today's TV often falls flat with me usually generic and instantly forgettable.

---

Another classic, this opening is just brilliant anyway...

Solo and his Partner Illya had some of the best music going. Much of it courtesy of Jerry Goldsmith.
    One of France's historical series : Les Compagnons de Jéhu :

And another one : Les Rois Maudits (1st version) :

And an old americain favourite :

Another catchy one.
    This is unforgettable.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    delfloria wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    Season 1 is Lalo Schifrin, one of THE greats. I think one thing we can say is that there was an era where great big screen composers also did great small screen writing and this is a perfect example.

Re Battle of the Planets - if you just listened to the music, you would never guess it was a kids cartoon TV series. It genuinely sounds like a big screen sound track - thanks, I had forgotten that one.

Can I add another?

Lalo is a legend I was listening to some of his work on Mission Impossible, Bullit and Enter the Dragon earlier on one of my Amazon Music playlists, Lalo is one of my favorite composers, amazing themes.

Airwolf was a classic also, music in today's TV often falls flat with me usually generic and instantly forgettable.

---

Another classic, this opening is just brilliant anyway...

Solo and his Partner Illya had some of the best music going. Much of it courtesy of Jerry Goldsmith.

I am due a rewatch I have the U. N. C. L. E movie boxset on DVD, the music is fantastic Goldsmith another of my favourite composers.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,341

Any excuse to admire these three gorgeous ladies.

---

---

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer

Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Classic.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 45,489

Lovely.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @Fire_And_Ice_Returns. Nice range of shows selected. Charlie’s Angels (season 5) with Tanya Roberts (aka. Charlie’s Final Angel), “Hart to Hart” (a kind of updated version of the old Thin Man movies) and “T.J. Hooker” (dear God what has become of Heather Locklear!).

*Is Shelly Hack the George Lazenby of Angels 😊?
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @Fire_And_Ice_Returns. Nice range of shows selected. Charlie’s Angels (season 5) with Tanya Roberts (aka. Charlie’s Final Angel), “Hart to Hart” (a kind of updated version of the old Thin Man movies) and “T.J. Hooker” (dear God what has become of Heather Locklear!).

*Is Shelly Hack the George Lazenby of Angels 😊?

LOL Shelley Hack made less of an impression, Shelly is no Tany Roberts.

Not seen Locklear recently, I suspect she went down the plastic surgery route.
    This was a hit. I remember the Norwegian version.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,312
    I watched these as a kid:

and of course this:

• Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    My favourite British sci-fi had a fabulous opening sequence and theme

Although The Tomorrow People was the opening sequence that mesmerised and terrified me as a kid

edited June 2020 Posts: 45,489

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Anyone else who enjoys a good old ZORRO adventure once in a while?

This was great when it first came out.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2023 Posts: 17,805
    This is a great TV theme and title sequence from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The duplicity of the spy world (and the world more generally) is well summed up in the form of the Russian doll with all of its hidden inner layers:

edited May 2023 Posts: 23,341

Great theme by David Arnold, I loved the show when Richard Dean Anderson was in it, not so much after he left.

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    FYI,

For those of you on twitter, the "Classic Film TV Cafe" is having a bracket style game with TV themes.

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Dwayne wrote: »
    FYI,

For those of you on twitter, the "Classic Film TV Cafe" is having a bracket style game with TV themes.

I demand Justice for The Persuaders! missing on that bracket!
    A great TV theme is one you would listen to as you would any of your favorite music.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Do Game Shows count? If so I would nominate these ones:

Or this one from the 70's!

Always loved the vibe of this one!