Freddie Mercury ; Death - 20 years ago today

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 2,107
Freddie Mercury died 20 years ago from today on 24 November 1991.

Great musician.

In memory of Freddy Mercury.

150px-Freddy_Mercury_Statue_Montreux.jpg

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wasn't even aware of this, and I have unconsciously been listening to Queen a lot more lately - not sure what sparked it, but it has most certainly been very welcoming and comforting. RIP Freddie, you left great music behind you.
  • I thought he was great with Schwarzenegger in 'Commando'

I knew he died in late 1991 but forgot about the anniversary coming up. I can remember exactly where I was when I heard the news, sort of like JF Kennedy in '63(incidentally another anniversary death a day or two ago oddly enough). Everybody knew he was ill and it was only a matter of time but he was a musician of such caliber and recognition it was still a shock when we got news of the event

Queen played a massive concert at Wembley Arena, London in Summer 1986 that's probably been seen by half the universe at some point or another when they were perhaps past their supreme best and they did all their tracks and it was a huge success

RIP Fred 20 years on
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I thought he was great with Schwarzenegger in 'Commando'

Lol he does look a lot like him!

Freddie Mercury- a true musical genius.

RIP
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RIP to you Freddy. You may have passed on but you left us all with your powerful voice and music. You will never be forgotten. :)>-