The Boredom Thread: What do you find boring (and why)?

2»

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Talk about cars, phones or videogames.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    People posting pictures of food on social media. Yeah, i know what a full English Breakfast looks like.... 8-|
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    People posting pictures of food on social media. Yeah, i know what a full English Breakfast looks like.... 8-|

I agree. They need to understand that no one cares what they had for dinner. However that is the rather self-centred modern world we live in, sadly.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I agree. They need to understand that no one cares what they had for dinner. However that is the rather self-centred modern world we live in, sadly.

Hello @Dragonpol mate! Haven't seen you on here for a while. Or are you on the boards i avoid?!! :))

Hello @Dragonpol mate! Haven't seen you on here for a while. Or are you on the boards i avoid?!! :))

Hello @LeonardPine! Nice to hear from you. I've been signed in but haven't been posting as much mainly because my PC has crashed and needs repaired and I'm really only using my smartphone to access the community. I'm also trying to mostly avoid any Bond 25 threads to stay clear of any spoilers. You're much more likely to find me on an obscure literary Bond thread. ;)

Hello @LeonardPine! Nice to hear from you. I've been signed in but haven't been posting as much mainly because my PC has crashed and needs repaired and I'm really only using my smartphone to access the community. I'm also trying to mostly avoid any Bond 25 threads to stay clear of any spoilers. You're much more likely to find me on an obscure literary Bond thread. ;)

I also stay off of the Bond 25 filming threads because there won't be any suprises when i see the finished film otherwise!

Hope you get your PC repaired and it's not too expensive!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,727

I also stay off of the Bond 25 filming threads because there won't be any suprises when i see the finished film otherwise!

Hope you get your PC repaired and it's not too expensive!

I do so too for the exact same reason. I've never really understood the need of some Bond fans to know every minute detail of the production and filming of the latest Bond film. I find it, well, boring...

Luckily my brother fixes computers so I'll leave it over with him to repair. Hopefully it won't cost too much. It currently keeps crashing every time it's switched on.
    The down time between Bond films! :))
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Sport in general - although I do get quite into the World Cup and European Cup. And I have been known to buy the odd boxing match on pay per view.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,447
    jobo wrote: »

You mean to say you don't want to be lectured on the economics of the Bond "franchise" and how the Bond "franchise" should be monetarily evaluated via ROI instead of BO takes... in the BO thread? Come on, sir, you must be delirious! The Bond "franchise" is such a cool topic, even if no-one is seriously talking about the Bond "franchise" but just about the film series, which isn't at all the Bond "franchise", and mostly about a film yet to be released. And you cry boredom!? Surely, you must be insane, sir.

/sarcasm

Dimi agrees 100% with you, @jobo. :)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    The down time between Bond films! :))

Couldn't agree more, especially the 4 year down time cycles.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    You mean to say you don't want to be lectured on the economics of the Bond "franchise" and how the Bond "franchise" should be monetarily evaluated via ROI instead of BO takes... in the BO thread? Come on, sir, you must be delirious! The Bond "franchise" is such a cool topic, even if no-one is seriously talking about the Bond "franchise" but just about the film series, which isn't at all the Bond "franchise", and mostly about a film yet to be released. And you cry boredom!? Surely, you must be insane, sir.

Thanks for pointing this out. Franchise is not the right word to use. I prefer "film series" or just "Bond films".
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Thanks for pointing this out. Franchise is not the right word to use. I prefer "film series" or just "Bond films".

I'm glad you approve, @mattjoes.

People love the word 'franchise'. It sounds smart. But then you get silly claims like, "the Bond franchise hasn't had any new output since '05." Yes, it has. Every new DVD/BR box they release, the comics, the Flemings with new covers, merchandising, ... all of that is a part of the "franchise". A franchise isn't about art but about money; it's a commercial construct. When people talk about their "beloved franchise", I wonder if they bought Bond stock I know nothing about. ;-)