Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    I’m wondering which of the actors worked on discount?
    Because no beloved Bond actor only came back for the money.

248c71f5af99f44ec20cbd3c3f9b5b6f.jpg

:-D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    I'm 100% confident. What's the point of worrying? Not interested in any 'production issues' or tabloid drivel. Eon keeps marching on and everything seems to be fine. I want to celebrate the shoot of another Bond film, as it has become such a rare event sadly. I am still planing to go to Matera in August or September, and hopefully see some action there.

Everyone involved seems to be 100% engaged and I believe this will be an amazing finished product.

Of course i thought the same of Spectre and left the cinema scratching my head, so sure there is always the possibility that it will suck but i rather choose to believe it will be a classic. Daniel's whole Reputation as Bond is on the line here and he knows it. If this film sucks, his era will be seen by the public as average. He could have stepped down after Spectre and he came back because he thought it was a film worth doing.

Such a ridiculous statement.DC came back for only one reason...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not very confidant in the film at all to be honest.Its taken them nearly five years to get another movie together,and even then they have no solid official title,directors fired and hired at a very late stage,a script thats being rewritten by a trendy feminist writer to please the #Metoo crazies ( should have been called #Weallknew ),Craig getting injured,a dangerous explosion on set that could have killed people because proper safety precautions were not taken.

If thats not bad enough,you have them bringing back BLOWfeld,which really should have just been ignored given how badly that was received by fans last time.

Its amazing to think that in between the last Bond film,and the next Bond film,a complete Star Wars trilogy will have come and gone as well as several spin offs.

Bottom line after all this time,they should have retired Craig from the role ( especially after slashmywristsgate ) and started fresh.

I agree I think Craig should have left
  • NeverOnTheFirmsTimeNeverOnTheFirmsTime A plane tree'd square off the Kings Road
    edited July 2019 Posts: 34
    Regardless of anyone's personal view that Craig should have left, or is only doing it for the money, or is 'reluctant' to do it, the fact is he IS playing Bond in B25.
    So how about everybody stops bleating and acting like petulant four year olds and starts looking forward to what we are actually about to be delivered?
    I'm getting mightily sick and tired of entitled cry babies banging on about Craig's deficiencies/flaws and putting forward other names - Cavill, Turner et al - as if they would be some sort of 'fantasy' casting and thinking that all would be perfect with them in the role.
    Well, I've got news for you - they wouldn't be perfect and there would still be issues with the production and/or the finished movie, even with one of these fan-boy wet dreams in the role.
    Craig has been magnificent in the role, despite the deficiencies in a couple of his entries (SP being the most glaring), and it's unlikely we'll get another actor of his calibre as Bond for the foreseeable future.
    So why not be grateful for what we have, while we have it - and stop throwing our rattles out of the pram every time it appears the production doesn't appear to be heading the way we like (cos, guess what - we're not making the film, other people are, so get over it and get over yourselves) .
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    I'm 100% confident. What's the point of worrying? Not interested in any 'production issues' or tabloid drivel. Eon keeps marching on and everything seems to be fine. I want to celebrate the shoot of another Bond film, as it has become such a rare event sadly. I am still planing to go to Matera in August or September, and hopefully see some action there.

Everyone involved seems to be 100% engaged and I believe this will be an amazing finished product.

Of course i thought the same of Spectre and left the cinema scratching my head, so sure there is always the possibility that it will suck but i rather choose to believe it will be a classic. Daniel's whole Reputation as Bond is on the line here and he knows it. If this film sucks, his era will be seen by the public as average. He could have stepped down after Spectre and he came back because he thought it was a film worth doing.

Such a ridiculous statement.DC came back for only one reason...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not very confidant in the film at all to be honest.Its taken them nearly five years to get another movie together,and even then they have no solid official title,directors fired and hired at a very late stage,a script thats being rewritten by a trendy feminist writer to please the #Metoo crazies ( should have been called #Weallknew ),Craig getting injured,a dangerous explosion on set that could have killed people because proper safety precautions were not taken.

If thats not bad enough,you have them bringing back BLOWfeld,which really should have just been ignored given how badly that was received by fans last time.

Its amazing to think that in between the last Bond film,and the next Bond film,a complete Star Wars trilogy will have come and gone as well as several spin offs.

Bottom line after all this time,they should have retired Craig from the role ( especially after slashmywristsgate ) and started fresh.

I agree I think Craig should have left

Definitely.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Fortunately, he didn’t.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    matt_u wrote: »
    Fortunately, he didn’t.
    Thank goodness for that.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I want Craig as long as he’s willing and able to. I especially hope he succeeds in making a quality final outing, which his predecessors didn’t quite hit the mark. DAF, AVTAK, LTK, and DAD are low bars perhaps, just makes it more the reason I hope he breaks that cycle.
  • NeverOnTheFirmsTimeNeverOnTheFirmsTime A plane tree'd square off the Kings Road
    Minion wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Fortunately, he didn’t.
    Thank goodness for that.

With you on that all the way, guys. Seems there are some sensible, sane people on here.... unlike some who just spew out drivel (eg., 'I think Craig should have left' and 'Definitely').
    For the record, Craig is terrific as Bond and if you don't like him, well tough.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 12,243
    I have loved Craig’s era of Bond, and I definitely would have been sad to see him leave after SP. CR, QOS, and SF are all awesome efforts for me, and though I have problems with SP, that’s still a good track record. I’ll still be sad to see him go, but I think B25 is the right one to exit on, whether it’s great or not. It just feels like the right time. Either it will disappoint and people will want something different, or it can be a high and be a good note to go out on. I’m pretty optimistic about it though and have the utmost confidence in Craig, who’s been an outstanding James Bond.
    Apparently in the book Moonraker 00 licenses don't get hand out like employee swipe cards
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Some of you are beginning to get a bit personal, to the point of blanket characterizations of those that disagree in a nasty and negative fashion. Not acceptable on here.

I was trying to explain myself and it went not so well
    I was not referring to you this time @007Blofeld , you’re fine.

@Birdleson oh ok
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Some of you are beginning to get a bit personal, to the point of blanket characterizations of those that disagree in a nasty and negative fashion. Not acceptable on here.

I was trying to explain myself and it went not so well

Same happened with me
    My apologies - I allowed my frustration at some of the negativity on here to boil over.
    However, I stand by my comment that, whatever your personal view on the matter, DC is still Bond and will be in B25 - some positivity about the upcoming movie would be a good and welcome thing, IMHO 👍
    Craig's performance might be the only thing that saves this film. Or the only good thing about it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Regardless of anyone's personal view that Craig should have left, or is only doing it for the money, or is 'reluctant' to do it, the fact is he IS playing Bond in B25.
    So how about everybody stops bleating and acting like petulant four year olds and starts looking forward to what we are actually about to be delivered?
    I'm getting mightily sick and tired of entitled cry babies banging on about Craig's deficiencies/flaws and putting forward other names - Cavill, Turner et al - as if they would be some sort of 'fantasy' casting and thinking that all would be perfect with them in the role.
    Well, I've got news for you - they wouldn't be perfect and there would still be issues with the production and/or the finished movie, even with one of these fan-boy wet dreams in the role.
    Craig has been magnificent in the role, despite the deficiencies in a couple of his entries (SP being the most glaring), and it's unlikely we'll get another actor of his calibre as Bond for the foreseeable future.
    So why not be grateful for what we have, while we have it - and stop throwing our rattles out of the pram every time it appears the production doesn't appear to be heading the way we like (cos, guess what - we're not making the film, other people are, so get over it and get over yourselves) .

Well said!
    I am currently laugh my A... off due to the protests by the female hating part of the 007 so-called fandom who are all in arms. This is a big tease that Barbara and Wilson have carefully planned.

That said it can only get better after SPECTRE, if they cannot manage that the franchise deserves to put to sleep.
    I was gutted when Boyle left but I'm still confident that it'll be very good. I was struggling to get excited at one point but all the stuff I've read on the filming thread since is making it sound very promising, Craig doesn't strike me as the type to do anything solely for the money (I'm sure it helps but I think he also wanted to go out on a critical high like CR/SF), and I've really enjoyed the last two films. So I think it'll be a good one really. Helps that I'm not that arsed about how far they deviate from the formula anymore though I suppose (female 007, Bond possibly dying, etc, none of that bothers me; they made Blofeld his brother, it's really anything goes now imo).

My only concern is the gunbarrel, which i know some fans think is silly to get worked up over but to me it's important and I honestly don't have the faith in them to get it right anymore. There's always something (end of the film, crap design, stupid pretentious quote, etc) and it's the one thing I don't think Craig himself has ever nailed.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I was gutted when Boyle left but I'm still confident that it'll be very good. I was struggling to get excited at one point but all the stuff I've read on the filming thread since is making it sound very promising, Craig doesn't strike me as the type to do anything solely for the money (I'm sure it helps but I think he also wanted to go out on a critical high like CR/SF), and I've really enjoyed the last two films. So I think it'll be a good one really. Helps that I'm not that arsed about how far they deviate from the formula anymore though I suppose (female 007, Bond possibly dying, etc, none of that bothers me; they made Blofeld his brother, it's really anything goes now imo).

My only concern is the gunbarrel, which i know some fans think is silly to get worked up over but to me it's important and I honestly don't have the faith in them to get it right anymore. There's always something (end of the film, crap design, stupid pretentious quote, etc) and it's the one thing I don't think Craig himself has ever nailed.

It wouldn't suprise me if there's no Gunbarrel. They've mucked about with it so much in the last few films they'll probably ditch it altogether for this one.

It wouldn't suprise me if there's no Gunbarrel. They've mucked about with it so much in the last few films they'll probably ditch it altogether for this one.

I kinda like that with the Craig films there is no uniform formula like with previous actors. Like how Craig has had a brand new version of the gun barrel in every film so far instead of just using stock footage like his predecessors. Every bit of iconography is tweaked to the point we’re still debating if there will be a gun barrel at all, and now whether Bond or Nomi will have it.

I kinda like that with the Craig films there is no uniform formula like with previous actors. Like how Craig has had a brand new version of the gun barrel in every film so far instead of just using stock footage like his predecessors. Every bit of iconography is tweaked to the point we’re still debating if there will be a gun barrel at all, and now whether Bond or Nomi will have it.

If Nomi has the gunbarrel then i would feel EON really has lost the plot.

Do they really want to piss off the fans that much?

If that's happening then that's another reason I wont be going to see it.

It doesn’t seem to take that much to piss off a subset of Bond fans, to be fair. I still remember the reaction to Judi Dench being cast as M “Bond would NEVER listen to a female boss! The producers are just pushing an agenda!”
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    My only niggle regarding B25 is how many Astons they're featuring. The brand started to wear out its welcome with me, beginning with SF.

Other than that, I am most confident Fukunaga's gonna smack this into orbit. Reminder here:

Nuff said.
    Concerns and niggles? Nah, this is the film they're making (another reminder):

mmk71cerwl731.jpg

Pure class.... B-) B-) B-) B-)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Univex wrote: »

mmk71cerwl731.jpg

Nomi, sitting behind him in the Aston, took his car and told him to take the bus.
    Univex wrote: »

mmk71cerwl731.jpg

Nomi, sitting behind him in the Aston, took his car and told him to take the bus.

:))
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,985

It doesn’t seem to take that much to piss off a subset of Bond fans, to be fair. I still remember the reaction to Judi Dench being cast as M “Bond would NEVER listen to a female boss! The producers are just pushing an agenda!”

Having Nomi do the gunbarrel is rather different to having a female M. (I don't remember that many protest about it but we didn't have the good old internet back in 95)

I can just imagine the stunned reaction from casual cinema goers as Bond 25 opens with Nomi striding across the screen to the Bond theme before firing her gun.

First confusion and then howls of derisory laughter.

I don't think it will happen but then i never expected them to make Blofeld Bond's stepbrother either...

And what is a 'subset' of Bond fans exactly. Every franchise has it's fans and they usually feel pretty strongly if they think their franchise is being messed with.