What Ever Happened To...Pinder (our man here!) from TB

thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
edited November 16 in Trivia & Games Posts: 3,556
I was inspired by the discussion in another thread about the minor characters that we come to love in the Bond movies. Some of these minor characters weren't snuffed out by our favourite British Agent. They didn't plunge into the shark tank of a Spectre Boss! In other words they lived to fight another day. We can do this with allies and enemies or just plain civilians to grace Bond adventures. The only caveat is that they had to have lived or presumed to have lived by the end of the movie.

I thought it would be fun and creative to ask the question...what ever happened to....?

Lets have some fun, or take it serious and think what likely happened to these minor characters from the Bond films. If you would like to nominate a minor character for this treatment let me know.

Morton Slumber... page 1
The Lady in Goldfinger's gate house...page 1
Irma Bunt...page 1
Jaws and Dolly...page 1
Baron Samedi...page 2
Bambi and Thumper...page 2
Professor Joe Butcher...page 2
Ms. Taro...page 2
Marc-Ange Draco...page 3
Nick Nack...page 3
Anya Amasova...page 4
Zamora...page 4
Bibi Dahl...page 4
Freddie Grey...page 4
Ruby...page 4
Cab Driver from LALD...page 5
General Georgi Koskov...page 6
Sister Rose and Lily...page 6
Pussy Galore...page 6
Willard Whyte...page 7
Mrs. Bell...page 7
Tiger Tanaka...page 8
Columbo...page 8
Lupe Lamora...page 8
Camille...page 8
Lazar...page 8
Pussfeller...page 9
Octopussy...page 9
Tiffany Case...page 10
Pinder...page 10
«13456710

Comments

  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,556
    Lets start with one that might be fun to imagine...Morton Slumber!



    Our beloved funeral director did not become ashes to ashes. But rather flourished after the diamond caper. Slumber was named Nevada businessman of the year and soon franchised his funeral parlours all over the state. Known for their wonderful and tasteful décor and for the crematoriums that were right where the services took place. Slumber was hitting on all cylinders. Slumber had a major breakthrough when he patented his diamond digger. A device that would remove diamonds from the alimentary canal.

    That's my take on Morton after DAF. What say you? Whatever happened to Morton Slumber?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    Posts: 3,574
    Wint and Kidd returns to Slumber Inc. and has him cremated and put in place of the money envelope that Bond takes for his failures of letting Bond go with the money.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Robotswana
    Posts: 38,550
    Morton started his own political party, The Slumber Party.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    Good one! I can see the campaign slogan. "Finally a candidate who will lay down for anything."
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Hamburg, near the Atlantic Hotel
    Posts: 5,873
    My theory is that Morton Slumber went bankrupt, after investing everything into his concept of adding reading lights inside the casket, so the stiff... I mean the deceased can enjoy his favourite book before cremation. Only when his patent application was refused did he realise that there was no real market for this.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    Lets try another minor character, this time from GF. The little old lady who was the gatekeeper at Auric's Swiss factory. She had a mean curtsy and was handy with a machine gun. I often wondered what she was cooking in that kitchen.

    She survives Bond shooting up the factory with his Aston Martin. So whatever happened to the old lady that was the gatekeeper for Auric Goldfinger?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 7,344
    Based on her aim, I expect she got a raise and a larger caliber machine gun. At least until her employer expired.

    She did everything right. I guess a following question is where did she find future employment.

  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Hamburg, near the Atlantic Hotel
    Posts: 5,873
    I can see her pursuing a banking career after Goldfinger's demise. She can sport quite a few necessary skills and competences for that. She's got experience in the precious metals business, criminal connections, is hard-hitting and nobody knows what she is cooking up. And, most importantly, she was Swiss. Then again, she was in her mid-sixties in 1964, so maybe the bank just put her on the board or something. Her son also went into banking...by the end of the 1990s he was head of his employer's Bilbao branch.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    Nice one @j_w_pepper looping her back to a future film. Total possible. Or maybe cigar girl was her daughter but then that raises the "whose the father?" question.

    I can see her heading out to find work.

    Employer "What sort of work do you do?"
    Old Lady "I fix problems."
    Employer "Problem fixer?"
    Old Lady "More like problem eliminator. Oh and I can also be the cook of the compound."

  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 9,861
    Perhaps the Swiss Gatekeeper got a job teaching schoolkids like Mrs. Whistler from DAF!

    A look at her submachine gun here:

    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49617361747_bfb7b30ee3_o.png
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Posts: 6,992
    QBranch wrote: »
    Perhaps the Swiss Gatekeeper got a job teaching schoolkids like Mrs. Whistler from DAF!
    Curiously, she always had the best behaved class in the entire school.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    This thread is like my guilty pleasure! LOL! how about we try another one. This one might get some serious theories.

    Irma Bunt was featured in OHMSS. She was the one that puts the bullet into Tracy Bond. Then she disappears into the sunset with Blofeld. Only Blofeld shows up 2 years later and Ms. Bunt is no where to be seen.

    So Mi6...whatever happened to (the film series) Irma Bunt?

  • Posts: 2,040
    Richard Maibaum had intended to bring back Irma Bunt in Diamonds Are Forever and kill her off in the pre-credits sequence.

    One of his treatments opened with Bond at a small cottage, still in mourning for Tracy. Bond goes riding on a motorcycle as "We Have all the Time in the World" plays on the soundtrack. A parachutist descends in his path and introduces herself as Tiffany Case. A Land Rover approaches, presumably to pick up Tiffany, but veers toward Bond, who gets sideswiped and knocked to the ground. The driver pulls out a pistol but Bond karate chops it away. He picks it up and fires at the fleeing vehicle, which crashes. Bond examines the ejected body of the driver and realizes it's Irma Bunt, who is carrying a bag of diamonds...Cue the title sequence.

    Ilse Steppat died on December 22, 1969 which put a stop to her reappearance in any Bond film. Though she could have conceivably been recast, just like Blofeld, the producers decided DAF would not explicitly follow up on the events of OHMSS, especially after Mankiewicz took over scripting. The film was designed so that anyone who'd skipped Lazenby's film wouldn't feel he'd missed anything.

    As for fan theories about what happened to her--well, I would like to believe she traveled back to Japan with Blofeld and to help him open a garden of death...

    But since Blofeld turned into Charles Gray in the next film, perhaps he renounced his heterosexuality and fed poor Irma to a pool of piranhas.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 6 Posts: 3,498
    Bought property in a particularly geologically volatile part of Japan, and died in what many witnesses described as a "very dramatic housefire". Anyways, she was too ugly to live.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Robotswana
    Posts: 38,550
    She moved to the US, fell in love and married Kojak.
    Kojak%2BI.jpg
  • Posts: 2,040
    And this was played at their wedding:

  • Posts: 2,040
    And this is where they spent their honeymoon:

  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Posts: 724
    Irma Bunt probably got stuck in New York City traffic, and is still out there somewhere shouting: “Get Out of the Way…Get Out of the Way!”
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    These are classic! Thanks for the laughs guys and gals!

    Love the playfulness. I was inspired by @Dwayne and thought maybe she returned to Switzerland to go after the car race title that she lost out on. :)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Posts: 3,019
    Revelator wrote: »
    Richard Maibaum had intended to bring back Irma Bunt in Diamonds Are Forever and kill her off in the pre-credits sequence.

    One of his treatments opened with Bond at a small cottage, still in mourning for Tracy. Bond goes riding on a motorcycle as "We Have all the Time in the World" plays on the soundtrack. A parachutist descends in his path and introduces herself as Tiffany Case. A Land Rover approaches, presumably to pick up Tiffany, but veers toward Bond, who gets sideswiped and knocked to the ground. The driver pulls out a pistol but Bond karate chops it away. He picks it up and fires at the fleeing vehicle, which crashes. Bond examines the ejected body of the driver and realizes it's Irma Bunt, who is carrying a bag of diamonds...Cue the title sequence.

    Interesting. I wish this particular script draft was available online. I'm guessing Bond would've then questioned Tiffany for her connections to Blofeld/Fraulein Bunt in such a scenario . I would miss the whole byplay we eventually got with his initially impersonating Peter Franks for her.

  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    I love that scene of Bond meeting Case and the lovely dialogue between the two of them. I'd say it's one of my favourite "Bond meeting the leading lady" scene. I'd add Bond meeting Honey in DN and Tania in FRWL. But in terms of the dialogue I love that scene.

    I would have liked to seen Bunt return in DAF.
  • Posts: 2,040
    Interesting. I wish this particular script draft was available online.

    I've been arguing for years that someone needs to visit the University of Iowa and make a detailed book-length study of Richard Maibaum's papers, especially his unused Bond scripts and treatments. It would be fascinating to see what different paths DAF, TSWLM, OP, TLD, and several other Bonds could have taken. Throw in a chapter on Ben Hecht's Casino Royale and you can call it The Greatest Bond Films Never Made.
    I'm guessing Bond would've then questioned Tiffany for her connections to Blofeld/Fraulein Bunt in such a scenario. I would miss the whole byplay we eventually got with his initially impersonating Peter Franks for her.

    I would also miss Fleming's original version of Bond and Tiffany's first meeting, which is more poignant the the film's.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    Great stuff guys! Why not throw another one out there. This henchman lived to fight another day at the end of TSWLM and then came back for MR. When last we saw him he was in the Drax space station with his love and they were going to safely re-enter Earth. (according to Bond!). So Mi6...whatever became of Jaws and Dolly?

    Did Jaws give up his life of crime? Did he and Dolly settle down in domestic bliss? Did they have kids? What ever happened to the killer known as Jaws?
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 1,505
    thedove wrote: »
    Great stuff guys! Why not throw another one out there. This henchman lived to fight another day at the end of TSWLM and then came back for MR. When last we saw him he was in the Drax space station with his love and they were going to safely re-enter Earth. (according to Bond!). So Mi6...whatever became of Jaws and Dolly?

    Did Jaws give up his life of crime? Did he and Dolly settle down in domestic bliss? Did they have kids? What ever happened to the killer known as Jaws?

    Dolly was killed upon Earth re-entry and Jaws found Nikolai Diavolo, swearing revenge on James Bond.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 9 Posts: 9,861
    pachazo wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Perhaps the Swiss Gatekeeper got a job teaching schoolkids like Mrs. Whistler from DAF!
    Curiously, she always had the best behaved class in the entire school.
    Haha, and if you don't do your homework you will be shot!


    Irma became a professional Bunting Maker:

    s-l300.jpg


    Jaws and Dolly became ambassadors for Sampo Mini Visa cards:

  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited March 10 Posts: 2,177
    Having recently got married, the happy couple were spotted in a Los Angeles coffee shop by TV sitcom media mogul Shady Tree and, several caramel skinny lattes later were persuaded to star in the upcoming Addam’s Family remake.

    Jaws made an excellent Lurch with a little vocal coaching. Dolly dyed her hair black for a convincing Wednesday and in a Hollywood dream come true, Nick Nack was persuaded to wear a giant glove and run around as Thing.

    Unfortunately Nick Nick’s relentless pursuit of Dolly behind the scenes soon caused a falling out between the little and large stars and the show was cancelled after one season.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Robotswana
    Posts: 38,550
    Having recently got married, the happy couple were spotted in a Los Angeles coffee shop by TV sitcom media mogul Shady Tree and, several caramel skinny lattes later were persuaded to star in the upcoming Addam’s Family remake.

    Jaws made an excellent Lurch with a little vocal coaching. Dolly dyed her hair black for a convincing Wednesday and in a Hollywood dream come true, Nick Nack was persuaded to wear a giant glove and run around as Thing.

    Unfortunately Nick Nick’s relentless pursuit of Dolly behind the scenes soon caused a falling out between the little and large stars and the show was cancelled after one season.

    Haha! That is brilliant. I am getting disturbing thoughts about The Thing running after Wednesday.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Posts: 2,177
    He was a cheeky chappie, that Herve! ☺️
  • edited March 10 Posts: 5,767
    Dolly and Jaws retired to a remote island in the Pacific. They have five kids. Jaws puts food on the table by swimming out from time to time and catching some shark. Sometimes he has to swim the long route, up to the US west coast, in order to get new batteries, which got especially tiresome since the kids became teens and play video games all day. But what else is there to do for them?


    The old lady gatekeeper took over Goldfinger's residence, which was ownerless after his demise. She's a good housekeeper and makes a very good living from renting the residence, all to the highest bidder.


    I know it's a bit boring, but I see Irma Bunt defected to Southern America, where she lives among old Nazi collaborateurs and works in a German Kindergarten, teaching kids how to bake Nusskuchen and how to assemble the reliable old MP40.


    Mr Slumber worked 20 years as an anchorman for a small tv station, before he retired and lived a humble life on a small pension, drinking tea and watching tv.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Posts: 3,556
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Dolly and Jaws retired to a remote island in the Pacific. They have five kids. Jaws puts food on the table by swimming out from time to time and catching some shark. Sometimes he has to swim the long route, up to the US west coast, in order to get new batteries, which got especially tiresome since the kids became teens and play video games all day. But what else is there to do for them?


    The old lady gatekeeper took over Goldfinger's residence, which was ownerless after his demise. She's a good housekeeper and makes a very good living from renting the residence, all to the highest bidder.


    I know it's a bit boring, but I see Irma Bunt defected to Southern America, where she lives among old Nazi collaborateurs and works in a German Kindergarten, teaching kids how to bake Nusskuchen and how to assemble the reliable old MP40.


    Mr Slumber worked 20 years as an anchorman for a small tv station, before he retired and lived a humble life on a small pension, drinking tea and watching tv.

    Love it! I can see Morton Slumber working as a TV anchor man. "This is Morton Slumber wishing you a good night rest in peace." :)

    Jaws living off the grid? Very creative answer.
Sign In or Register to comment.