What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Still the Camille character is Caucasian. Her mother was a beautiful Russian dancer, said the dialog.

Should I mention Yolga. (No. It's not yet Friday where I am.)

Anyway, her attempts seeking skin restoration at a clinic in Isla de Los Organos, Cuba, were unsuccessful. Led to some personnel turnover.

[And that's after the facility's shortcomings were addressed in 2002. You'd think these bad operators would be put out of business for good.]

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Let's jump back to the 70's and a man who was not really known by our man Bond. Q knew him and his work quite intimately. I am talking about Lazar the ammunitions expert who supplied Scaramanga with his golden bullets. On a cost per transaction basis he was Lazar's best customer. Sadly he lost his best customer. So Mi6 did Lazar continue making rifles for three fingered gunmen? Did he lose his business and find work in another area of life?

Whatever happened to Lazar?
    Though less profitable, Lazar continued his arms and ammunition manufacture as a means to fund his true love: producing delicious noodle and soup dishes.
    thedove wrote: »
    Let's jump back to the 70's and a man who was not really known by our man Bond. Q knew him and his work quite intimately. I am talking about Lazar the ammunitions expert who supplied Scaramanga with his golden bullets. On a cost per transaction basis he was Lazar's best customer. Sadly he lost his best customer. So Mi6 did Lazar continue making rifles for three fingered gunmen? Did he lose his business and find work in another area of life?

Whatever happened to Lazar?

Good craftsmen are hard to find. Lazar did well supplying other hitmen and mercenaries. Patrice, Necros, Gonzales, Locke were among his clients.
    I thought those bullets in SF looked like the handiwork of our man Lazar.

Yes @RichardTheBruce I always wondered if the family eating the noodles were tied to Lazar! Guess he had a side hustle!
    I've heard taht after his encounter with Bond, Lazar suffered a stroke that left him comatose for a few days. Fortunately, a long-haired bearded friend of his family was there visiting, and his presence seems to have had a positive effect, and Lazar recovered fully. The doctors said it was nothing short of a miracle. In fact, a true resurrection.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Without the overpriced bullits for his favorite customer Lazar was hitting on hard times. With what was left of his stock he started crafting golden statues with novelty firecracker functions, like a small cannon or, especially for the Irish, a statue of Nelson which you could launch up in 'space' with a little gunpowder. Sadly he died in an accident trying out his latest statue: the soyoes capsule in miniature hit him right in the eye and went straight to his brain. He lived still a couple of days but as he felt less and less, accidents happened more and more until he accidentally walked into his own furnace.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He went on to make prosthetic's for his clients with missing fingers.
    Lazar was shot in the balls by an angry fingerless hoodlum.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,426
    Whilst Bond had no use for his ballistic talents at the time, Lazar kept pestering Bond for the opportunity to create a firearm for the world’s most famous (and recognised) secret agent. Eventually Bond relented and Lazar created what was to become his pièce de résistance ... a gun disguised as a cigar. Bond was delighted with the result and used it on many missions!

f819edca8320a541dcbf1350b157e33b.jpg

Yes, but he had stolen the design from the french Sûreté :

That's a great clip! LOL!

I am warmed by the responses about our favourite ammunitions expert! Who knew he developed a cigar gun. I am wondering if Tiger Tanaka sued him for stealing his rocket cigarette? LOL!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Yes, but he had stolen the design from the french Sûreté :

Always loved Fantomas, although I'm disappointed they turn the 60s adaptations into pure comedy instead of something closer to the source material.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Always loved Fantomas, although I'm disappointed they turn the 60s adaptations into pure comedy instead of something closer to the source material.

I enjoyed the original Fantomas books even more than the 1913 serial or the later films. On the page Fantomas is an unknowable force of pure evil. Sadly only a handful of the books were translated into English. I'd love to read the entire series.

Revelator wrote: »

I enjoyed the original Fantomas books even more than the 1913 serial or the later films. On the page Fantomas is an unknowable force of pure evil. Sadly only a handful of the books were translated into English. I'd love to read the entire series.

They're ridiculously far fetched but great fun. And very ahead of their time in many ways. They're incredibly gory for instance and having Fantomas survive every encounter to come back for more crimes makes him the grandfather of recurring villains in comic books as well as of antagonists in slasher movies.
    Okay, in another thread we were chatting about DN. It got me thinking about a character from the film. Pussfeller was the night club owner. Seemed to have a nice set up on the beach with a swinging night life. He wrassled alligators! Pussfeller seemed to get involved in the CIA and was a key part of the team with Quarrel and Felix Leiter. He was never seen again in the movie after the night scene where the team threatened to break the arm of Freelance photographer.

So mi6? Whatever happened to Pussfeller? Did he continue to work for the CIA? What about alligators? Did he help to raise Quarrel's son? Lets find out what happened to him!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He changed his name to Gatorfeller and started wrestling octopuses.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Someone eventually died from his cooking, had to shut down the restaurant and opened a gator wrestling exhibit at the Kingston Zoo
    After the disappearance of Dr. No, Pussfeller reconciled with his estranged fiancé (the photographer). They wed and both lived happily successful lives together providing music, food & drink (becoming part owners of Red Stripe), plus photography services on island while fighting evil.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Pussfeller?

After the attention the “Dr. No Affair” brought to his establishment, he decided to expand and franchise his business. In fact, there is a “Pussfeller’s Bar & Grill” up the block from where I live. And every night, as I pass by, I can see “bug-eyed” people dancing to Jump-Up as they are spied on by various freelance photographers.
    Love it! I am glad to see some think he kept the night club going. Lord knows he had a good spot. Back to wrassling alligators? Love that suggestion too. I have always thought he helped raise the orphan Quarrel Jr. Course how this orphan got to Saint Monique I will never know. Perhaps a future whatever happened to!

Well I hope he's still in business as I'd love to go there for a drink!
    About Nick Nack : I heard that after the business with 007, he had to be checked in a resting home. Apparently, he was so traumatized that he couldn't stop thinking about Bond's arrival on the island, and was heard to scream "De Plane ! De Plane !" again and again, once a week for seven years.
    Well I hope he's still in business as I'd love to go there for a drink!

I know it looks like such a cool spot! Love that about Nick Nack @Gerard

Lets set our sights to another character from another film. The title character from the film Octopussy! She was a female boss with a talented circus. She dabbled in jewellery smuggling. She was an old friend of the family with our man Bond. She was last seen on a boat with a crew of women rowing her and Bond away.

I wonder if she became a bigger business owner and took on more women from across India? Did she stop her smuggling ways? Yes I think it's time we asked the question...whatever happened to Octopussy?
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 1,009
    After being fooled by Kamal Khan, she discovered that petty crimes do not pay and used her fortune to help Mother Teresa on her God's mission to heal the poverty-striken people of Kolkata. Fast-forward to nowadays and all the truth behind the “good” nun discovered: fooled twice, Miss Smythe sold all her Indian estate and then settled on Sweden and bought a majority stake of Ikea. A line of Fabergé eggs called Fabergägg will be soon at your local store, but don't ask about their production quality to the jeweller we all know. Better still, don't ask Putin about them.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I'm right here!
    Octopussy retired from crime, frequenting the MI6 Discussion Board among other pastimes. She enjoyed her accumulated wealth, alternating between traveling the world and relaxing at the Monsoon Palace.

Octopussy didn't continue a relationship with Bond. However, on a junket to San Francisco circuiting through Fisherman's Wharf she was surprised to see James on some sort of mission. She let him go on his way, knowing he could handle ANYTHING that might come up.

salmon-fish-png.png
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    As the years have gone on, Octopussy wanted to settle down on her island and enjoy retirement, but found that her snigger-worthy double entendres of a name caused her endless unwanted attention. Because of this, and in light of changing attitudes towards ‘females with a connection to James Bond’, she therefore changed her name by deed poll and now lives in relative obscurity as Sharon.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Octopussy was shot in the heart at a thai kick boxing match.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 1,639
    OP had financial issues later so she decided to narrate documentaries ;)

A little girl nicknamed MD went to Pussfellers gator wrestling , that girl later became a model but then she got mixed up in bad people including a thuggish/mobster-esque french fella with a scar