What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Good stuff about Tiger! Nice to know he had some success after the encounter with SPECTRE.

Lets jump ahead a few films to another much loved character and ally of Bond. He was first thought to be a villain with smuggling. He liked sick jokes and called himself "The Dove"...I kind of like that handle! :) He had a fondness for Pistachio nuts. Loved a Countess. He was last seen becoming a new sponsor for Bibi Dahl on top of St. Cryils. So Mi6 whatever happened to Columbo?

Did he continue to skirt around the law? Or did he keep on the straight and narrow. How did his sponsorship of Bibi go? What say you Mi6...what ever happened to Columbo?
    Fed up of being confused with another, allegedly more popular Columbo who lived in L.A., our mobster decided to change his name to Zarkov and spend all his money on being the first civilian in space. Sure enough, he achieved his goal and traveled to a weird world called Ming.
    Then he saw that Bond was already there, on a rural vacation, and, devastated, he went back home and, broken financially, started drowning his sorrows in pistacchio and remembering Lisl.

Suddenly it hit him: Of course! After emigrating to Gemany, he tried to register the name, but it was already taken, so he asked the clerk to use the letter on the right.
    Colu... I mean, Zarkov, is nowadays richer than ever thanks to his franchises, especially his famous line of lasagnas My Lidl Pony. Made with genuine Equestrian meat.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Columbo choked on a pistachio in June 1990, leaving his vast fortune to Bibi who squandered it over the next few years.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Milos and Bibi were VERY happy together. 'Nuff said.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Columbo choked on a pistachio in June 1990, leaving his vast fortune to Bibi who squandered it over the next few years.

On ice cream. Without getting her clothes on first.
    Love the creativity @bigladiesman Columbo in space...I am almost certain I have seen it. LOL!

Sad to hear his love of pistachios brought him to his knees. @Thunderfinger that has a tragic ending to the story. I like to think of him dancing with a fiddle and enjoying life in Greece.
    thedove wrote: »
    Love the creativity @bigladiesman Columbo in space...I am almost certain I have seen it. LOL!

Sad to hear his love of pistachios brought him to his knees. @Thunderfinger that has a tragic ending to the story. I like to think of him dancing with a fiddle and enjoying life in Greece.

Yes, he was dancing on the rooftop when he choked. It may have been the fall that killed him, and not the nut.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    With Columbo’s vast wealth and devoted mentoring, talented little Bibi did make the next Winter Olympics. Everyone was expecting her to take gold in Sarajevo when a week before the event disaster struck and Bibi broke her ankle during training sessions. This could have been the end of Bibi’s hopes and dreams, but Columbo couldn’t bear to break the heart of his young protege, so after a series of hastily arranged lessons from Jacoba, he sneakily took the place of Bibi and performed a breathtaking routine to Underneath The Mango Tree. ‘Bibi’ won bronze.

drag.jpg
    LOVE IT! Columbo was the forefront of transgender athletes. LOL! Great job!

• edited May 2020 Posts: 1,009
    Max always delivers :))
    Due to an increasingly aggressive and narcotics based market, Columbo retired from his criminal activities to concentrate on his (mostly) legal side of his business. He contributed to the success of Bibi as a figure skater and thanks to him she competed under the Greek flag and gave Greece their first gold medal in the Winter Olympics. Unfortunately, Columbo's strict stand against drugs shortened his protégée's competitiveness as an Olympic figure skater.

Nowadays Columbo is still doing mostly legal business, he's a grandfather and he is fiercely against Turkey joining the EU.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    drag.jpg
    What's her his the name of that person? Asking for a friend acquaintance someone paid me to ask.

Never mind.
    From what I heard, he has been known to sing "If I Were a Rich Man" from time to time. Even if he's already richer than Croesus.

very good @Gerard :)

Okay lets turn the spotlight to another character that lived to see another day. She was a former beauty pageant contestant. She was whipped and controlled by her "boyfriend" but didn't want to go back to her home town. She loved diamonds but wasn't a fan of Iguana's. A mean blackjack dealer known for being sent in to change the luck of gamblers. Yes I am talking about Lupe Lamora. Last seen poolside with a diamond bracelet. She didn't get love but our man eliminated her boyfriend and gave her freedom. The question is what did Lupe do with the freedom?

Did she start her own fashion line? Did she overcome her hatred for lizards? Did she stay in Isthmus City?

Whatever happened to Ms. Lupe Lamora Mi6?
    When we left her, in the novelization, she had received a proposal by presidente Hector Lopez. I would guess that she accepted it.
    Interesting @Gerard been a while since I read that. Do you think they had a happy marriage? Did she enjoy being the first lady?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    She married El Presidente and was taken out of the public spotlight as soon as he realised she couldn't act her way out of a public toilet stall if necessary. An absolute requirement for a first lady.
    Looks like Lupe was destined to stay in her country. I wonder if she ever learned to love lizards again. I always thought she might start a leather lizard purse line! LOL
    I can definitely imagine her own fashion brand around lizard print designs - I think the image of her with a diamond encrusted iguana on her shoulder would be quite the advertising image with which to build a famous fashion brand!
    When Lopez was assassinated by the CIA in 1998, Lupe Lopez aka LuLo ran for office and won overwhelmingly. She was much more cooperative about the CIA drug trade in Isthmus, and is still president.
    talisa-soto-1967-03-27.jpg?1561272763
    LULO 2021
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    She married El Presidente and was taken out of the public spotlight as soon as he realised she couldn't act her way out of a public toilet stall if necessary. An absolute requirement for a first lady.

Against type, Lupe later got involved in a group of soldiers and warrior monks. Alas, they too, found her boring and without real substance.

As a fellow Brooklynite I would love to say that Talisa Soto was a highlight of LTK, but I always found the role of Lupe “lacking.”
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 14,830
    She's up to her fourth president now. The other three all died of a heart attack, which rose suspicion, but a thorough international investigation on each death confirmed there was no foul play, albeit they all had bruises around the groin area.
    So Lupe stayed on and led a good life!

Lets move on to another lady friend of our man Bond. She was out to get a General and her revenge for what he did to her family. While her and Bond shared tenderness they didn't have any romantic sparks. She got a taste of her revenge and was last seen at a train station in Bolivia.

So my dear Mi6 creative folks...whatever happened to Camille from QOS?
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited May 2020 Posts: 280
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_English_Strikes_Again

she had a very successful career as a Russian spy :))
    Camille never found her way back into normal life after having to realise that such normal life is not divided up into two- or three-second "cuts". It bored her to death, and she decided to kill the editor of QoS and afterwards shoot herself.

PS: Is that too mean and cynical? I apologise in that case.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Camille never found her way back into normal life after having to realise that such normal life is not divided up into two- or three-second "cuts". It bored her to death, and she decided to kill the editor of QoS and afterwards shoot herself.

:)) :))

I’ll go with that! Sorry Camille but I really never took to the character, and she doesn’t inspire my creativity.

I imagine she thought her adventures with a British secret service agent were the stuff of great storytelling and decided to write a trashy ‘true life’ memoir to go alongside the endless other ‘true life’ memoirs on the shelves. Unfortunately every publisher turned her down and she ended up self-publishing on Amazon. At the time of writing it ranks number 1733930023 on the bestseller list.
    Yes she is rather vanilla. In fact if I asked most people who was the female lead in QOS I bet most would say Strawberry Fields, or at least Gemma. Camille is just there which is weird since she was featured heavily in the promotion of the movie.

I could see her striking out on her own and trying to become a female equalizer. Someone who might help out under dogs and those who were victims of crime.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    After i read/dive in the James Bond dossier 1-2 years after QOS i hope Bond meet her again on a train with Felix as in DAF of no Felix as in Tmwtgg.

But if you whant you can also see as option the writers/producers use it as metafor Bond set her of and she take the train. There are a lot of metafors/symbols in DC era, NTTD wil also have those.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited May 2020 Posts: 1,006
    I believe she became Caucasian again. (Saying this as a massive QOS fan...)