No Time To Die - Safin's Plot (Spoilers!)

Comments

i'm thinking that Q's line about making people 'the weapon' might further suggest the film is about some biologically weapon - eg; a virus - as Safin's plan is to infect/poison a small number of people and have those people infect others.

It may be one of the reasons that Bond is staring at his hands as he acknowledges that he is infected and possibly passing on the poison. If so, then it is a shockingly timely and prescient idea. Either that or I'm just overthinking about the pandemic again.....

Gdp5CzI.png
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 1,215
    i'm thinking that Q's line about making people 'the weapon' might further suggest the film is about some biologically weapon - eg; a virus - as Safin's plan is to infect/poison a small number of people and have those people infect others.

It may be one of the reasons that Bond is staring at his hands as he acknowledges that he is infected and possibly passing on the poison. If so, then it is a shockingly timely and prescient idea. Either that or I'm just overthinking about the pandemic again.....

Gdp5CzI.png

I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks but if you look at the pointer finger of his right hand it seems to have scarring similar to Safin's face.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Gdp5CzI.png

And one of the first reasons of the first delay.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Gdp5CzI.png

Spot on. People are walking weapons.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited August 2021 Posts: 138
    I have a theory
    -Madeleine shot Safin in the face covered with his mask when she was a child (the anecdote in the train in "Spectre") Safin survives (the beginning of the final trailer when Safin woke up) and can not save her who was hidding in the frozen lake, and she died. He became obsessed with her.
    -He managed to create a clone , based on Madeleine DNA.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,277
    Don’t think so, as we already saw Safin rescuing her from the frozen lake in some of the behind the scenes videos and photos.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 138
    She could have died a little moment after in his arms or while he was trying to save her. And Fukunaga said in an interview that there is always a child who dies in his movies, he doesn't know why. But I could be wrong.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 14,800
    Why oh why would Safin create a clone and a clone of Madeleine?
    Don't know, he feels responsible about her death maybe. And in the final trailer he says that he is in love with her.
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Don't know, he feels responsible about her death maybe. And in the final trailer he says that he is in love with her.

Makes no sense. A biological weapon is far more logical. James Bond is spy thriller, not sci-fi (and I know it went into sci-fi territory but that's a mistake imo).
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Barbara Broccoli says Safin is “a nasty piece of work that really gets under Bond’s skin”. Thats how I would interpret his comments about loving Madeline. To get under his skin.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    When Safin’s mask is damaged by a gunshot, his face is exposed; it show signs of degeneration. While not necessarily a clone, I think Madeline is a subjective of genetic experimentation by SPECTRE; for some reason, Safin needs her to halt and even reverse the process.
  • One of the rumored titles was “genome of a woman”. If that’s true, maybe Madeline’s DNA contains some sort of code that’s critical for the bio weapon (or maybe the cure is hidden in it?)
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    edited September 2021 Posts: 133
    matt_u wrote: »

Gdp5CzI.png

So the whole premise may be hidden in the title...

Bond has NO TIME TO DIE as he has been infected by Safin's deadly virus and thus from this point it is a race against time to put an end to his elaborate World Domination plot before he himself bites the bullet.This is backed up well by Cary's behind the scenes video where he states that from the minute of the gunbarrel, "it is a race against time".
  • matt_u wrote: »

Gdp5CzI.png

So the whole premise may be hidden in the title...

Bond has NO TIME TO DIE as he has been infected by Safin's deadly virus and thus from this point it is a race against time to put an end to his elaborate World Domination plot before he himself bites the bullet.This is backed up well by Cary's behind the scenes video where he states that from the minute of the gunbarrel, "it is a race against time".

That makes so much sense!
    One thing I didn't realise till today is that
    both in the last trailer and in some pics from the Cuban party in an old Total Film magazine, Bond looks at his hands with a surprised expression, like it was pointed out. Maybe he already senses something when the gas starts floting in the air?
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    is it possible that Bond accidentally kills blofeld by visting him having been laced with poison at the party?
    silva13 wrote: »
    is it possible that Bond accidentally kills blofeld by visting him having been laced with poison at the party?

Oh yeah that’s quite likely. After all we know
    Safin wants to eradicate SPECTRE so that would make perfect sense. The people become the weapon. Plus, I don’t see them closing his arc with Blofeld being still alive.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    As plausible as it sounds, I really don't like the idea of it...sounding more and more like the old boy will kick the bucket unless he retrieves an antidote..?

It would be very anticlimactic.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    edited September 2021 Posts: 198
    Ludovico wrote: »

Might be the most plausible way of wrapping things up and the film's way of saying this is how dangerous Safin is. He can kill the head of Spectre right under MI6 nose.
    If done right I'm sure it could be great!
    This might have been asked but since the Craig era re-boots the series. Anyway Stefin could be Dr. No?

Might be the most plausible way of wrapping things up and the film's way of saying this is how dangerous Safin is. He can kill the head of Spectre right under MI6 nose.

Agreed.

Personally, I don't like this trope. It fails more often than it succeeds.
    One of the issues for writers when dealing with viruses is that the audience needs to see it, both to visualise the threat and to identify the characters that are infected. So some sort of side effect (ie the hands) makes perfect sense in terms of the writing.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 138
    If Blofeld dies I hope that his death will stay evasive as usual (we believed that he died in OHMSS after the bobsleigh chase, in the climax of DAF too, and even the pre title sequence of FYEO it's not entirely sure that he dies, even if it would be difficult to survive this fall).
    patb wrote: »
    One of the issues for writers when dealing with viruses is that the audience needs to see it, both to visualise the threat and to identify the characters that are infected. So some sort of side effect (ie the hands) makes perfect sense in terms of the writing.

Mauve it's a poison and not a virus. I can't remember who mentioned it ,in this thread or elsewhere.
    duke_togo wrote: »
    If Blofeld dies I hope that his death will stay evasive as usual (we believed that he died in OHMSS after bobsleigh chase, in the climax of DAF too, and even the pre title sequence of FYEO it's not entirely sure that he dies, even if it would be difficult to survive this fall).

Agreed. And good observation: Blofeld's demises have always been as ambiguous as possible. Until we see the corpse, as they say...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe Bond s face changes at the end of the movie, due to whatever toxin he catches from Safin, and in B26 he looks like Fassbender.
    Maybe Bond s face changes at the end of the movie, due to whatever toxin he catches from Safin, and in B26 he looks like Fassbender.

I think Blofelds face will change.

Look at this post-credit-scene ;-)

• Maybe Bond s face changes at the end of the movie, due to whatever toxin he catches from Safin, and in B26 he looks like Fassbender.

I'd rather his face turns into Tom Hiddlestone