No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    NicNac wrote: »
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

Yeah, this movie is so spoiled for me now. I know who's in it, some of its locations, that there's a car chase and a plot involving genetics. Takes me back to how every movie is spoiled for me when I buy the Blu-ray. The cover and the blurb give it all away. Why can't they release these things in plain white packaging - come to think of it why don't they omit the title too.

Come on ! This movie is litteraly entirely spoiled ! If you except maybe that we still don't know who is Rami Malek playing , what is his character's name, what his plan, how does he look like, why does Bond retired , if it's true that Swann and Bond have a child together,if it's true what happened to him ? What happenned when Blofeld visits Mr White in his house when Swann was young? How does it affect the plot ? How Blofeld will be tied to the plot of the movie ? Is he the main villain or will he really kind of help the mi6 to stop the Malek's character in the Hannibal Lecter's style? And why will he do that what is his plan? Who is Nomi ?What is her full name ? Is she really the new 007 ? If so, will Bond get his code number back through the movie ? If so, does it mean that Nomi dies through the movie ? If so, does it mean that she's a traitor ? Who is Paloma? Is it true that there will be cameos of Britt Eckland and some other Bond girls in the movie? And for a moment : what is the TITLE of the movie ? etc...
    If you except these questions ,yes, we know EVERYTHING about No Time To Die... EVERYTHING...
    I think you'll find he was being facetious.

Quite sarcastic.
  • duke_togo wrote: »

Yeah, this movie is so spoiled for me now. I know who's in it, some of its locations, that there's a car chase and a plot involving genetics. Takes me back to how every movie is spoiled for me when I buy the Blu-ray. The cover and the blurb give it all away. Why can't they release these things in plain white packaging - come to think of it why don't they omit the title too.

Come on ! This movie is litteraly entirely spoiled ! If you except maybe that we still don't know who is Rami Malek playing , what is his character's name, what his plan, how does he look like, why does Bond retired , if it's true that Swann and Bond have a child together,if it's true what happened to him ? What happenned when Blofeld visits Mr White in his house when Swann was young? How does it affect the plot ? How Blofeld will be tied to the plot of the movie ? Is he the main villain or will he really kind of help the mi6 to stop the Malek's character in the Hannibal Lecter's style? And why will he do that what is his plan? Who is Nomi ?What is her full name ? Is she really the new 007 ? If so, will Bond get his code number back through the movie ? If so, does it mean that Nomi dies through the movie ? If so, does it mean that she's a traitor ? Who is Paloma? Is it true that there will be cameos of Britt Eckland and some other Bond girls in the movie? And for a moment : what is the TITLE of the movie ? etc...
    If you except these questions ,yes, we know EVERYTHING about No Time To Die... EVERYTHING...

You did get that I was taking the piss, right?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Cary updated his Instagram profile photo, kinda looks like a photo by either Nicola Dove or Greg Williams. Background is interesting, could be Norway:

72439020_335438513929544_6864901418973659136_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

You'd next think a Bond film was 5 and a bit months away..........it's so darn quiet. And it's been so quiet for so long.
    And the wait continues?!!!!!!!!! 8-}
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    And the wait continues?!!!!!!!!! 8-}

I’m enjoying it.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    To give us something to talk about, reportedly the script is 133 pages.

Can anyone confirm how big DC’s other scripts were?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Minion wrote: »
    To give us something to talk about, reportedly the script is 133 pages.

The only one I have a copy of is CR, and that is 118 pages.
  • Interesting. From the bits we've tried to piece together so far, I'm conscious of there being a lot of ingredients in this plot. Presumably they need a long run time to sort everything out. I hope it's not too busy.
    1 page = 1 minute until you hit "Spectre Agents attack...chase follows".
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    delfloria wrote: »
    1 page = 1 minute until you hit "Spectre Agents attack...chase follows".

Exactly. Any films that have big set pieces will not have a runtime that is relative to the number of pages in its script.
    There’s too much to do in an 2 hr 13 min runtime. It’s gonna be longer or the same as spectre
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    There’s too much to do in an 2 hr 13 min runtime. It’s gonna be longer or the same as spectre
    I would guess 2 hr 45 min, though Endgame certainly raised the bar of what an audience can tolerate. Gosh, I miss intermission.
    I'm a patient viewer, but I do struggle with films going way beyond 120 mins.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I would guess 2 hr 45 min, though Endgame certainly raised the bar of what an audience can tolerate. Gosh, I miss intermission.

I'd love a 2h45m Bond film with an intermission, if there was enough story for it.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,343

The latest version of Spectre script was 130 pages.

So NTTD has a real chance to be the first Bond film breaking the 150 minutes mark, given the 133 pages plus let's say 11 minutes for song and end credits.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Gosh, I miss intermission.

I, on the other hand, hate it, but unfortunately the only movie theatre in my town has it. It really breaks my immersion in the movie, it's especially bad with horror films.

I saw "The Irishman" yesterday at the London Film Festival, and I really enjoyed it.
    It was 209 minutes (3 hours 29 minutes), but for me it felt like 2,5 hours.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Interesting. CV/Showcase pics, work by Makeup Designer Pippa Woods who just happend to work on NTTD. Wonder if her skills has something to do with Maleks face, if he's deformed in any way

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Intestering. CV/Showcase pics, work by Makeup Designer Pippa Woods who just happend to work on NTTD. Wonder if her skills has something to do with Maleks face, if he's deformed in any way

As a result of a gunshot to the face inflicted by a young Madeleine?

talos7 wrote: »
    Intestering. CV/Showcase pics, work by Makeup Designer Pippa Woods who just happend to work on NTTD. Wonder if her skills has something to do with Maleks face, if he's deformed in any way

Don't know about that. But we know Maleks stunt-double is wearing a mask therefore I was thinking some horrible deformation or an old wound. Those pics are Pippas previous work. Combine her skills with GoT's make up designer Barry (forgot his last name) and we got something really good.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Sounds very Fleming to me.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

It's possible. But as Malek is only four years older than Seydoux, I don't know how it's going to work. Unless they make Malek's character far older than he looks.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Something nasty happen to this fellows face. Is it Maleks character? is this a flasback or in the present day? So many questions.

33hNbtN.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The secrecy to NTTD has been handled like a military operation. We've seen plenty of footage and set photo's.
    But still have no idea how the puzzle, all fits together.
    For that EON and co, I'm very impressed and thankful. Reminds me of the old days, when all we could do was wait.
    Well it’s not going to be a cookie cutter film

They were only able to get away with the secrecy because the film is pinewood heavy.

We learned a lot during the matera shoot
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Well it’s not going to be a cookie cutter film

They were only able to get away with the secrecy because the film is pinewood heavy.

We learned a lot during the matera shoot

I disagree. Matera provided puzzle pieces, but not much we can put together.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I'm actually more confused after seeing all this behind the scenes stuff haha, and I love it :D

P.S. Just rewatched the Rami Malek interview and I'm really looking forward to seeing this "challenging scene" that lead to them kissing haha :D
    Jan1985 wrote: »

I saw "The Irishman" yesterday at the London Film Festival, and I really enjoyed it.
    It was 209 minutes (3 hours 29 minutes), but for me it felt like 2,5 hours.
    Good to hear, @Jan1985. I´m looking forward to that film.
    As far as runtimes are concerned, I hugely respect the first two Mad Max films for being around 90 mins long, but I also remember thinking after one of the LOTR parts in the cinema that I wouldn´t mind another one right away. It all depends on the film.

IMDB: Sinead Sweeney .... SFX contact lens optician

That tells us Malek or someone will have weird/damaged eye/s. Maybe Blofeld again. Right?
    You know that the only photo of Waltz during the shooting of Spectre were the deleted scene ones. It's not weird to not have no picture of Malek so far...