No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Contraband wrote: »
    slyfox wrote: »
    This will be a sexy scene, guaranteed.
    The interiors will have been done at Pinewood and the balcony shot here now. It'll be a stunning shot. Purple cloudless sky. Fires and candles across the city and Lea wearing what she is wearing.

Not so sure about Pinewood. This is the interior

xIZM3Wv.jpg
    c0PiCbg.jpg
    6HAuoHW.jpg

They have already shot scenes of the bedroom at Pinewood. They didn't recreate the whole bedroom interior in Matera because they have filmed them already and here it's just her walking out onto the balcony and the view that will be featured now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Minor update:
    The dressing gown was just for a rehearsal. She's wearing a lot less now! Just a white top. No shorts.

No shorts? Can't be naked for christ sake

She's probably wearing underwear but can't tell either way. 😉 Will do my utmost to find out for everyone! Photos and videos...

Just make sure you don t get arrested again.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    matt_u wrote: »
    Scene taking place right now:
    Lea in a white dressing gown on the hotel balcony. Alone. She is burning a small piece of paper and dropping it over the balcony.

Interesting. Sounds like a signal to someone...

No. It's an old ritual very much known in Matera/italian towns. That much I know

First time I hear of it
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    jake24 wrote: »
    Didn't they shoot in one of those cave hotels? Or am I misremembering?

Outside, on the steps. Craig running up...
    The interiors will have been done at Pinewood and the balcony shot here now. It'll be a stunning shot. Purple cloudless sky. Fires and candles across the city and Lea wearing what she is wearing.

xIZM3Wv.jpg
    c0PiCbg.jpg
    6HAuoHW.jpg

They have already shot scenes of the bedroom at Pinewood. They didn't recreate the whole bedroom interior in Matera because they have filmed them already and here it's just her walking out onto the balcony and the view that will be featured now.

Yeah sorry, that's what I meant.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    The balcony upper left? Probably not.

Minor update:
    The dressing gown was just for a rehearsal. She's wearing a lot less now! Just a white top. No shorts.

No shorts? Can't be naked for christ sake

She's probably wearing underwear but can't tell either way. 😉 Will do my utmost to find out for everyone! Photos and videos...

Just make sure you don t get arrested again.

Camera memory card stored in a safe place...

It's all wrapped up here. No explosion like some spoke about but the Swann scene was hot enough.

At one stage they lit the city in lots of bright colours (reds, blues, purples and greens). Whether that is for cgi fireworks I don't know. Either way it was a beautiful sight. Over and out for today. Sweet dreams everyone.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Walecs wrote: »
    Lea in a white dressing gown on the hotel balcony. Alone. She is burning a small piece of paper and dropping it over the balcony.

No. It's an old ritual very much known in Matera/italian towns. That much I know

First time I hear of it

Me too. And we are italians... :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Guys, check out Cary's Instagram story.
    Walecs wrote: »

First time I hear of it

Me too. And we are italians... :D

@matt_u Was thinking of asking you about it. When I was in Rome several old ladies did the same thing. Something connected to wish people happiness or similar. In Thailand they send up paperkites with lit candles (or something like that) at the beach. Also some ritual wishing people love hapiness, health I think.

But I could be wrong..
  • RC7RC7
    Are they still shooting at the Dali Universe exhibition?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    jake24 wrote: »
    Guys, check out Cary's Instagram story.

I hope they filmed it on IMAX!
    It will look gorgeous in this format!
    Voila. Inside the crew: Lea, Linus etc on the balcony

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Voila. Inside the crew: Lea, Linus etc on the balcony

Damn, this is giving me TSWLM(Egypt) vibes . Something big is happening.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Big scene being prepared now. The precession with a hundred or so extras holding the electric candles by the church in the rock will be filmed tonight along with scenes at the hotel set which overlooks the church and whole city. Cary and Linus on the balcony chatting right now.

@slyfox, are you absolutely sure that they are recreating the July 2 "Festa della Bruna" and not Easter? To the best of my (limited) knowledge, the festival does not include bonfires and candlelight. Instead, all of the buildings are lit up in bright lights (like Christmas). So far, there are no indications that the buildings have been decorated as such--and digitzing this won't create the proper lighting of the streets at night. The festival activities culminate in the destruction of a chariot...but no fire.

Candles and fire are Easter:
    Big scene being prepared now. The precession with a hundred or so extras holding the electric candles by the church in the rock will be filmed tonight along with scenes at the hotel set which overlooks the church and whole city. Cary and Linus on the balcony chatting right now.

This one, right? This was taken early morning a few days ago, prod. crew on the left with bonfire.

gn648n9.jpg

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    TripAces wrote: »

@slyfox, are you absolutely sure that this is the July 2 "Festa della Bruna" and not Easter? To the best of my (limited) knowledge, the festival does not include bonfires and candlelight. Instead, all of the buildings are lit up in bright lights (like Christmas). So far, there are no indications that the buildings have been decorated as such--and digitzing this won't create the proper lighting of the streets at night. The festival activities culminate in the destruction of a chariot...but no fire.

I guess it makes sense why the film got pushed back from February to April then.

@slyfox, are you absolutely sure that they are recreating the July 2 "Festa della Bruna" and not Easter? To the best of my (limited) knowledge, the festival does not include bonfires and candlelight. Instead, all of the buildings are lit up in bright lights (like Christmas). So far, there are no indications that the buildings have been decorated as such--and digitzing this won't create the proper lighting of the streets at night. The festival activities culminate in the destruction of a chariot...but no fire.

This one, right? This was taken early morning a few days ago, prod. crew on the left with bonfire.

gn648n9.jpg

Look at my clip with Linus Lea. City has exactly that, bright lights (like Christmas)
    Easter in Matera:

slider_homepage_3.jpg

sassi-di-matera-presepe.jpg

gn648n9.jpg

Look at my clip with Linus Lea. City has exactly that, bright lights (like Christmas)

No. Those are VERY different lighs. What Linus and Cary have are deep red, green, and blue (almost like floodlights), which is how the city is lit for easter. The Festa della Bruni features the city in "white light" from large displays, almost like Vegas. In Cary's story, there is one small section that is lit like this.

During Festa, the city's lights are not colored in such deep blues and reds and greens:

bari-the-traditional-italian-festa-della-bruna-in-matera_1920x1080.jpg?1526475855

gn648n9.jpg

It could well be either. Not had confirmation from the production for this topic but the local people and the local press has reported it as July 2nd Festa della Bruna though (especially after the procession with the bike stunt). Also it doesn't have to necessarily be what's happening at the time of the film's release as the Matera scenes are likely to be taking place in the post Spectre world before Jamaica probably brings us into 2020. I'm sure when press interviews take place we will get full confirmation.

gn648n9.jpg

It could well be either. Not had confirmation from the production for this topic but the local people and the local press has reported it as July 2nd Festa della Bruna though (especially after the procession with the bike stunt). Also it doesn't have to necessarily be what's happening at the time of the film's release as the Matera scenes are likely to be taking place in the post Spectre world before Jamaica probably brings us into 2020. I'm sure when press interviews take place we will get full confirmation.

Indeed. This is a work of fiction. They can take whataver elements they like and use them.

;)
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 5,767
    "A license to wear is also a license not to wear."

xIZM3Wv.jpg
    c0PiCbg.jpg
    6HAuoHW.jpg

They built all that just for one shot?
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    boldfinger wrote: »

xIZM3Wv.jpg
    c0PiCbg.jpg
    6HAuoHW.jpg

They filmed there other scenes. Plus it seems they'll blow everything up.
    boldfinger wrote: »

xIZM3Wv.jpg
    c0PiCbg.jpg
    6HAuoHW.jpg

They filmed there other scenes. Plus it seems they'll blow everything up.
    Good idea, probably the easiest way to dismantle that structure ;-).

• edited September 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Narcos season 4 NTD, Evil-doer! He was in QoS, too.
    EEq-ejOXoAAc5Ds.jpg
    EEq-ejJXUAImckk.jpg
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    @matt_u You would know this. This statue of Madonna della Bruna, does she in any way appear during easter? The pic was taken when prod crew prepping for shoot on 7 sept at Piazza Doumo with the long procession and the bike jump.

oqQCMRq.jpg

Easter + Madonna della Bruna doesn't get any hits at all while festival Festa della Bruna does.

"..on July 2nd when the town celebrates the festival Festa della Bruna in honour of the town's sacred protectress, the Madonna della Bruna. Although the festival is in honour of the Madonna, it is far from being a purely religious event. Tens of thousands of local people turn out onto the streets for a week of celebrations with coloured lights, market stalls, town bands and grand processions. Events climax with a pagan-style rite of destruction, before a valedictory firework display."

@matt_u You would know this. This statue of Madonna della Bruna, does she in any way appear during easter? The pic was taken when prod crew prepping for shoot on 7 sept at Piazza Doumo with the long procession and the bike jump.

oqQCMRq.jpg

Easter + Madonna della Bruna doesn't get any hits at all while festival Festa della Bruna does.

"..on July 2nd when the town celebrates the festival Festa della Bruna in honour of the town's sacred protectress, the Madonna della Bruna. Although the festival is in honour of the Madonna, it is far from being a purely religious event. Tens of thousands of local people turn out onto the streets for a week of celebrations with coloured lights, market stalls, town bands and grand processions. Events climax with a pagan-style rite of destruction, before a valedictory firework display."

I don't think that that's the Madonna della bruna. The stand she is on looks legit though.

oqQCMRq.jpg

I don't think that that's the Madonna della bruna. The stand she is on looks legit though.

Yes it is. Google is your friend. Even local newssite Sassi wrote about it when they shot the scenes.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    This statue of Madonna della Bruna, does she in any way appear during easter?

Never as far as I know. At least in real life and in the rest of the country. ;)
    Finally some footage, but damn short. Lea on the balcony, rehearsal time