No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Zekidk wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    This is the same bridge where 2nd unit filmed Bond's jump, isn't it?
    It's an old aqueduct. Not the same I think It's smaller and the tiles are different.
    Gravina_in_Puglia_Ponte_acquedotto_viadotto_Madonna_della_Stella_3.jpg
    1566847874_173_The-double-stunt-of-Daniel-Craig-jumps-off-a-bridge.jpg

It's the same one in Gravina with the fake cemetery at one end. I visited both locations last week. The production have made a few changes, including adding one side of the wall taller as it was crumbling in real life. It's all soft material to touch though.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Shooting schedule 19th-23th of September.
    ...in the city Gravina.
    Includes filming at:
    - the Robinson Park
    - Acquedotto bridge
    - the panoramic road Santo Stefano
    - Fonta Della Stella

Gravina__025.jpg

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-arriva-a-gravina-riprese-del-film-no-time-to-die-dal-19-al-23-settembre/

Just to avoid any confusion. Acquedotto bridge = Ponte Acquedotto w the road on it: Via Fonta Della Stella

And yes @Pavlo, it's the same where Bond's stunt-double jumped off. As you said, Main Unit will repeat Second Unit's scenes only with Craig this time.

Scene: The two enemy cars and Dali Benssalah on the Triumph bike shows up, shooting at Bond on the bridge, and he jumps.

Speculating
    Me thinks Lea in the Aston picks him up after the jump, long car chase begins, AM gets rammed/crash at the square, Bond shoots enemys dead on the spot except Dali Benssalah on bike. Bond on foot, running alleyways, Triumph after him. Bond sees opportunity, throws himself at bike, fighting Dali and takes off with the bike >> and jump onto the square via the ramp.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Contraband wrote: »
    Shooting schedule 19th-23th of September.
    ...in the city Gravina.
    Includes filming at:
    - the Robinson Park
    - Acquedotto bridge
    - the panoramic road Santo Stefano
    - Fonta Della Stella

Gravina__025.jpg

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-arriva-a-gravina-riprese-del-film-no-time-to-die-dal-19-al-23-settembre/

Just to avoid any confusion. Acquedotto bridge = Ponte Acquedotto w the road on it: Via Fonta Della Stella

And yes @Pavlo, it's the same where Bond's stunt-double jumped off. As you said, Main Unit will repeat Second Unit's scenes only with Craig this time.

Scene: The two enemy cars and Dali Benssalah on the Triumph bike shows up, shooting at Bond on the bridge, and he jumps.

Speculating
    Me thinks Lea in the Aston picks him up after the jump, long car chase begins, AM gets rammed/crash at the square, Bond shoots enemys dead on the spot except Dali Benssalah on bike. Bond on foot, running alleyways, Triumph after him. Bond sees opportunity, throws himself at bike, fighting Dali and takes off with the bike >> and jump onto the square via the ramp.

Lovely stuff.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,677
    When Benssalah's character exits the car with the goons that shoot the DB5, he's already bike-less. And Bond has already lost his tie. So the bike stealing thing must happen before the goons shoot at the Aston.

But I'm just guessing.
    Univex wrote: »
    When Benssalah's character exits the car with the goons that shoot the DB5, he's already bike-less. And Bond has already lost his tie. So the bike stealing thing must happen before the goons shoot at the Aston.

But I'm just guessing.

Check my post over on Clapperboard thread re: the order of the action and what motivates it.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

But I'm just guessing.

Yes. I believe the last portion of the scene will involve the DB5 and the whole thing ends with the DB5 getting completely destroyed. There's a chance the chase will end even by the Tirrenian coast...
    Big scene being prepared now. The precession with a hundred or so extras holding the electric candles by the church in the rock will be filmed tonight along with scenes at the hotel set which overlooks the church and whole city. Cary and Linus on the balcony chatting right now.
    He's a damn skilled stunt driver whoever it is in the AM.

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    antovolk wrote: »
    Gonna take this IMAX debate to the Cinematography thread @Pierce2Daniel....

To be honest, I really don't mind these changing aspect ratio's. I have seen "The Dark Knight Rises" on IMAX format and I indeed saw the upper and lower bars (creating the letterbox aspect ratio) sometimes disappear. And it didn't hurt me a bit.

However what is the difference between this format vs. this format?
    OCJQdGP.jpg
    antovolk wrote: »
    Gonna take this IMAX debate to the Cinematography thread @Pierce2Daniel....

To be honest, I really don't mind these changing aspect ratio's. I have seen "The Dark Knight Rises" on IMAX format and I indeed saw the upper and lower bars (creating the letterbox aspect ratio) sometimes disappear. And it didn't hurt me a bit.

However what is the difference between this format vs. this format?
    OCJQdGP.jpg

"Premium Large Format" is a catch all term for any cinema-proprietary IMAX-like formats. In the UK for instance, there's Cineworld Superscreen, Odeon iSense, in the US there's Regal RPX...

Isn't is Mark Higgins ? Back from Spectre
    slyfox wrote: »
    Big scene being prepared now. The precession with a hundred or so extras holding the electric candles by the church in the rock will be filmed tonight along with scenes at the hotel set which overlooks the church and whole city. Cary and Linus on the balcony chatting right now.

This one, right? This was taken early morning a few days ago, prod. crew on the left with bonfire.

gn648n9.jpg

Isn't is Mark Higgins ? Back from Spectre

Yep. Didn't know who he was at all. Rallycross driver. Google is my friend
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 940
    Scene taking place right now:
    Lea in a white dressing gown on the hotel balcony. Alone. She is burning a small piece of paper and dropping it over the balcony.
    Lea in a white dressing gown on the hotel balcony. Alone. She is burning a small piece of paper and dropping it over the balcony.

I'm tweeting out spoilers based on your reporting. Haha

To bad we don't have pics from you in real time.

Interesting. Sounds like a signal to someone...
    matt_u wrote: »

No. It's an old ritual very much known in Matera/italian towns. That much I know
    Minor update:
    The dressing gown was just for a rehearsal. She's wearing a lot less now! Just a white top. No shorts.

No. It's an old ritual very much known in Matera/italian towns. That much I know

The old lady does exactly that when Bond and Swan kiss. Take a look.
    Minor update:
    The dressing gown was just for a rehearsal. She's wearing a lot less now! Just a white top. No shorts.

Just the top?!? Wow, finally the Bond films go where they need to go ;) Congrats EON.
    Minor update:

No shorts? Can't be naked for christ sake

The old lady does exactly that when Bond and Swan kiss. Take a look.
    Minor update:

Just the top?!? Wow, finally the Bond films go where they need to go ;) Congrats EON.

Trying to find out about the symbolism. Some symbol for love, blessing, happy life, good health maybe
    Minor update:

She's probably wearing underwear but can't tell either way. 😉 Will do my utmost to find out for everyone! Photos and videos...

Lots of the bonfires burning now. It'll be a stunning shot of Lea and the city!
    Minor update:

She's probably wearing underwear but can't tell either way. 😉 Will do my utmost to find out for everyone! Photos and videos...

Lots of the bonfires burning now. It'll be a stunning shot of Lea and the city!

Oh, please let her be in her underwear. Bring sexy back to the Bond films, please, I say. These are not Chris Nolan's frigid endeavours. All I want is a sexy, colourful, escapism-prone, James Bond film. Fingers crossed.
    It’s certainly become less and less common to see sexiness in films. I’ll thank the PC culture for that one.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 940
    This will be a sexy scene, guaranteed.
    The interiors will have been done at Pinewood and the balcony shot here now. It'll be a stunning shot. Purple cloudless sky. Fires and candles across the city and Lea wearing what she is wearing.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    It’s certainly become less and less common to see sexiness in films. I’ll thank the PC culture for that one.

Right? What prude days we live in. A neo-puritanism.
    The interiors will have been done at Pinewood and the balcony shot here now. It'll be a stunning shot. Purple cloudless sky. Fires and candles across the city and Lea wearing what she is wearing.

I want to see this movie so badly. :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I want to see this movie so badly. :D
    Same. This all sounds great.

Not so sure about Pinewood. This is the interior

xIZM3Wv.jpg
    c0PiCbg.jpg
    6HAuoHW.jpg

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Didn't they shoot in one of those cave hotels? Or am I misremembering?