No Time to Die production thread

1116811691171117311741208

Comments

  • Posts: 490
    I'm really excited to see how the Norway sequence plays out. I have so many questions.
    Seems like Bond & Madeline go to the cabin after reconciling with each other in London and speaking with Blofeld. Is Mathilda already living there with a guardian/caretaker? Is that where Madeline is keeping her hidden?? We know from the Total Film article that Safin suddenly shows up. How does that play out? Does he suddenly arrive via helicopter like Silva in Skyfall? The very abrupt change in tone at the beginning of the Norway Chase track lends credence to this. We know that he and Madeline have a face to face meeting in what appears to be the Cabin in the trailer. Do his goons restrain Bond while this happens? I'm guessing they hide their daughter because Madeline says "I've already lost everyone I've ever loved, and Safin kind of smirks at her. I'm guessing this is the first time we see Safin after the intro, so he will have some kind of shocking and sudden arrival, which again seems to be heard in the soundtrack. The buildup in the Norway Chase track is incredible. There will be so much tension and suspense in that scene.

    Maybe Bond creates some sort of diversion that allows him, Madeline, and their child to escape in the old Land Rover while Safin pursues in the helicopter. Somehow this transitions to a foot chase in the foggy woods and Bond loses Madeline and their daughter and then he regroups with Nomi. Assuming this is at least somewhat accurate, and that the daughter rumors aren't just a red herring, this sequence will have the biggest emotional stakes of the entire franchise.

    I think Safin is obsessed with Madeline and he wants to capture her to be his bride/partner in whatever new world he's trying to create. Not sure how the daughter plays into this though it's quite easy to see why he wants Bond dead.

    Sorry for going kind of nuts I'm just extremely excited about this part of the film in particular.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Posts: 198
    ertert wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see how the Norway sequence plays out. I have so many questions.
    Seems like Bond & Madeline go to the cabin after reconciling with each other in London and speaking with Blofeld. Is Mathilda already living there with a guardian/caretaker? Is that where Madeline is keeping her hidden?? We know from the Total Film article that Safin suddenly shows up. How does that play out? Does he suddenly arrive via helicopter like Silva in Skyfall? The very abrupt change in tone at the beginning of the Norway Chase track lends credence to this. We know that he and Madeline have a face to face meeting in what appears to be the Cabin in the trailer. Do his goons restrain Bond while this happens? I'm guessing they hide their daughter because Madeline says "I've already lost everyone I've ever loved, and Safin kind of smirks at her. I'm guessing this is the first time we see Safin after the intro, so he will have some kind of shocking and sudden arrival, which again seems to be heard in the soundtrack. The buildup in the Norway Chase track is incredible. There will be so much tension and suspense in that scene.

    Maybe Bond creates some sort of diversion that allows him, Madeline, and their child to escape in the old Land Rover while Safin pursues in the helicopter. Somehow this transitions to a foot chase in the foggy woods and Bond loses Madeline and their daughter and then he regroups with Nomi. Assuming this is at least somewhat accurate, and that the daughter rumors aren't just a red herring, this sequence will have the biggest emotional stakes of the entire franchise.

    I think Safin is obsessed with Madeline and he wants to capture her to be his bride/partner in whatever new world he's trying to create. Not sure how the daughter plays into this though it's quite easy to see why he wants Bond dead.

    Sorry for going kind of nuts I'm just extremely excited about this part of the film in particular.
    I was under the impression Safin is face to face with Madeline in London as she is wearing the same clothes as when she is with Blofeld. His arrival there must spur her on to go to Mathilde in Norway and Safin follows her, bond also follows her. He must park the vantage a bit away and go on foot to the house. Safij arrives and they are forced ro take the car that they have in the chase. So many questions and its nearly time to have them all answered. I love the speculation, it's the best part imo
  • TripAces wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Any and all requests for links to the score will be deleted. Please stop requesting for a link to it. The score has not been officially released yet, so any party sharing or downloading it is doing so illegally.
    Mallory wrote: »
    For those who have listened to the soundtrack (and no I am NOT requesting a copy), I have just one important question: Does it utilize the Bond theme during action sequences? If I don't get a proper blasting of the Bond theme just once in Daniel's tenure during a big, bombastic set piece, I might weep.

    Not as per the soundtrack release. Doesnt mean it isnt in the film though,

    Fair enough. Thanks, gents.

    Trust me. You're still gonna weep.

    I certainly hope so!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    This may be the first Bond movie ever to make me cry judging by some of the music (especially the 3rd act).
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    silva13 wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see how the Norway sequence plays out. I have so many questions.
    Seems like Bond & Madeline go to the cabin after reconciling with each other in London and speaking with Blofeld. Is Mathilda already living there with a guardian/caretaker? Is that where Madeline is keeping her hidden?? We know from the Total Film article that Safin suddenly shows up. How does that play out? Does he suddenly arrive via helicopter like Silva in Skyfall? The very abrupt change in tone at the beginning of the Norway Chase track lends credence to this. We know that he and Madeline have a face to face meeting in what appears to be the Cabin in the trailer. Do his goons restrain Bond while this happens? I'm guessing they hide their daughter because Madeline says "I've already lost everyone I've ever loved, and Safin kind of smirks at her. I'm guessing this is the first time we see Safin after the intro, so he will have some kind of shocking and sudden arrival, which again seems to be heard in the soundtrack. The buildup in the Norway Chase track is incredible. There will be so much tension and suspense in that scene.

    Maybe Bond creates some sort of diversion that allows him, Madeline, and their child to escape in the old Land Rover while Safin pursues in the helicopter. Somehow this transitions to a foot chase in the foggy woods and Bond loses Madeline and their daughter and then he regroups with Nomi. Assuming this is at least somewhat accurate, and that the daughter rumors aren't just a red herring, this sequence will have the biggest emotional stakes of the entire franchise.

    I think Safin is obsessed with Madeline and he wants to capture her to be his bride/partner in whatever new world he's trying to create. Not sure how the daughter plays into this though it's quite easy to see why he wants Bond dead.

    Sorry for going kind of nuts I'm just extremely excited about this part of the film in particular.
    I was under the impression Safin is face to face with Madeline in London as she is wearing the same clothes as when she is with Blofeld. His arrival there must spur her on to go to Mathilde in Norway and Safin follows her, bond also follows her. He must park the vantage a bit away and go on foot to the house. Safij arrives and they are forced ro take the car that they have in the chase. So many questions and its nearly time to have them all answered. I love the speculation, it's the best part imo

    Correct. Plus, the fact that Bond leaves the V8 at her place paves the way to
    Swann being able to drive the V8 in the finale.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,596
    So what is it now, only a week until the first showings and reviews are out? It's hard to believe after all these years.
  • Posts: 490
    matt_u wrote: »
    silva13 wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see how the Norway sequence plays out. I have so many questions.
    Seems like Bond & Madeline go to the cabin after reconciling with each other in London and speaking with Blofeld. Is Mathilda already living there with a guardian/caretaker? Is that where Madeline is keeping her hidden?? We know from the Total Film article that Safin suddenly shows up. How does that play out? Does he suddenly arrive via helicopter like Silva in Skyfall? The very abrupt change in tone at the beginning of the Norway Chase track lends credence to this. We know that he and Madeline have a face to face meeting in what appears to be the Cabin in the trailer. Do his goons restrain Bond while this happens? I'm guessing they hide their daughter because Madeline says "I've already lost everyone I've ever loved, and Safin kind of smirks at her. I'm guessing this is the first time we see Safin after the intro, so he will have some kind of shocking and sudden arrival, which again seems to be heard in the soundtrack. The buildup in the Norway Chase track is incredible. There will be so much tension and suspense in that scene.

    Maybe Bond creates some sort of diversion that allows him, Madeline, and their child to escape in the old Land Rover while Safin pursues in the helicopter. Somehow this transitions to a foot chase in the foggy woods and Bond loses Madeline and their daughter and then he regroups with Nomi. Assuming this is at least somewhat accurate, and that the daughter rumors aren't just a red herring, this sequence will have the biggest emotional stakes of the entire franchise.

    I think Safin is obsessed with Madeline and he wants to capture her to be his bride/partner in whatever new world he's trying to create. Not sure how the daughter plays into this though it's quite easy to see why he wants Bond dead.

    Sorry for going kind of nuts I'm just extremely excited about this part of the film in particular.
    I was under the impression Safin is face to face with Madeline in London as she is wearing the same clothes as when she is with Blofeld. His arrival there must spur her on to go to Mathilde in Norway and Safin follows her, bond also follows her. He must park the vantage a bit away and go on foot to the house. Safij arrives and they are forced ro take the car that they have in the chase. So many questions and its nearly time to have them all answered. I love the speculation, it's the best part imo

    Correct. Plus, the fact that Bond leaves the V8 at her place paves the way to
    Swann being able to drive the V8 in the finale.

    Wow that's even more interesting....
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Posts: 1,351
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So what is it now, only a week until the first showings and reviews are out? It's hard to believe after all these years.

    Yep. World Premiere in a week. I might start to allow myself to believe this film will actually come out.
  • Posts: 490
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So what is it now, only a week until the first showings and reviews are out? It's hard to believe after all these years.

    Yep. World Premiere in a week. I might start to allow myself to believe this film will actually come out.

    Same although it still hasn't quite hit me yet haha. Probably because I had purchased tickets in March of 2020.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    Radio Times >> NTTD page 8-13

    https://docdro.id/bwfCqpY

    Cred to jedimaster @mattiadevarti and his ten magic fingers
  • Posts: 1,726
    For those who have listened to the soundtrack (and no I am NOT requesting a copy), I have just one important question: Does it utilize the Bond theme during action sequences? If I don't get a proper blasting of the Bond theme just once in Daniel's tenure during a big, bombastic set piece, I might weep.

    If nothing else you get as much of the guitar riff as in the Goldfinger soundtrack. Personally, I'm hoping it shows up more within the film AND that they release an extended album eventually.
  • Posts: 1,726
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    This may be the first Bond movie ever to make me cry judging by some of the music (especially the 3rd act).


    Never cried at a Bond film but OHMSS still chokes me up. Keeping expectations for NTTD open though.
  • Posts: 1,314
    I think the bike jump in matera lends its self to the bond theme horns and all
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,596
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So what is it now, only a week until the first showings and reviews are out? It's hard to believe after all these years.

    Yep. World Premiere in a week. I might start to allow myself to believe this film will actually come out.

    I'll be at that point once I'm in my seat in the theater and the film is starting.
  • Posts: 12,301
    Excited but nervous for the first reviews in a week’s time. I get the feeling it will be quite divisive.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,554
    deleted
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Posts: 575
    It's nearly here and I can't wait. I dread to think what I'll be like next week!
  • Going to be keeping my eye on the non-spoiler reactions thread, and of course the wonderful villains rankings thread. Until then bring on Oct 7!
  • kj
    Contraband wrote: »
    Radio Times >> NTTD page 8-13

    https://docdro.id/bwfCqpY

    Cred to jedimaster @mattiadevarti and his ten magic fingers

    Thank you to both of you.
  • Posts: 313
    Nothing at all. And thanks @Contraband for the very special mention😆
  • Posts: 516
    Had a thought occur as I was taking a walk at lunch just now:
    If the PTS features the death of Madeleine's mother and a way of presenting the pain of her family, this sequence poses two big ideas: Death of Maternal and Death of Family. Obviously, Bond too is an orphan — and we even saw his "mother" die in Skyfall. Films are circular, the beginning is the ending is the beginning and all. What happens at the start raises a question, and the ending resolves (not answer — resolves) that question.
    A lot of discourse about Nolan Batman/Craig Bond. Which is funny because Nolan Batman films are basically Bond movies...but back to my point. The Dark Knight Rises begins with Bruce (symbolically) dead, and the journey of the film is him coming back to life. Obviously, James is in a similar position post-PTS in No Time to Die . Combine this with the Mathilde character...
    Basically, I'm wondering if No Time to Die is, more or less, a restorative journey of life/maternal force. All the death in the beginning (her mother, her innocence, relationship with Bond) — all the rebirth in the ending.
  • Posts: 490
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Had a thought occur as I was taking a walk at lunch just now:
    If the PTS features the death of Madeleine's mother and a way of presenting the pain of her family, this sequence poses two big ideas: Death of Maternal and Death of Family. Obviously, Bond too is an orphan — and we even saw his "mother" die in Skyfall. Films are circular, the beginning is the ending is the beginning and all. What happens at the start raises a question, and the ending resolves (not answer — resolves) that question.
    A lot of discourse about Nolan Batman/Craig Bond. Which is funny because Nolan Batman films are basically Bond movies...but back to my point. The Dark Knight Rises begins with Bruce (symbolically) dead, and the journey of the film is him coming back to life. Obviously, James is in a similar position post-PTS in No Time to Die . Combine this with the Mathilde character...
    Basically, I'm wondering if No Time to Die is, more or less, a restorative journey of life/maternal force. All the death in the beginning (her mother, her innocence, relationship with Bond) — all the rebirth in the ending.

    Love this. Very Fukunaga-esque.
  • Posts: 250
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Had a thought occur as I was taking a walk at lunch just now:
    If the PTS features the death of Madeleine's mother and a way of presenting the pain of her family, this sequence poses two big ideas: Death of Maternal and Death of Family. Obviously, Bond too is an orphan — and we even saw his "mother" die in Skyfall. Films are circular, the beginning is the ending is the beginning and all. What happens at the start raises a question, and the ending resolves (not answer — resolves) that question.
    A lot of discourse about Nolan Batman/Craig Bond. Which is funny because Nolan Batman films are basically Bond movies...but back to my point. The Dark Knight Rises begins with Bruce (symbolically) dead, and the journey of the film is him coming back to life. Obviously, James is in a similar position post-PTS in No Time to Die . Combine this with the Mathilde character...
    Basically, I'm wondering if No Time to Die is, more or less, a restorative journey of life/maternal force. All the death in the beginning (her mother, her innocence, relationship with Bond) — all the rebirth in the ending.
    I think this is very much on point, and if there is unifying element with Craig's films it is, like The Dark Knight Trilogy, orphans and their hangups, be it Bond, Vesper, Camille, Silva's desire to commit quasi-matricide, Blofeld commiting patricide in response to a feeling of being shunned, Madeleine being orphaned or indeed emancipating herself from the malign influence of her repulsive father.

    I also think, as daft as the Brofeld thing is, there is something quite consciously connected to this idea in Bond refusing to kill Blofeld and join this tragic cycle.
  • I wonder though that
    the title has had the ending hiding in plain sight the whole time “No Time To Die” like saying reflecting on someone that’s dead already “that was no time to die?”. Will Bond die when he’s nearly got a normal life? A family?

    Will the film really end with Bond alive but not with his daughter and her mother?”

    Or does it simply refer to Safin and his plans and possible life extending stuff, he’s got no time to die, he’s to busy making the world a better place”

    Simone mentioned the track Final Assent sounding hopeful toward the end. I think it sounds sorrowful. I feel like the last minute or two will play over a montage in the aftermath of the film. Feature possibly Bonds funeral? Then end with them driving into the tunnel. The tunnel echoing the gun barrel and thus ending the story of Craig’s Bond with the line “let me tell you a story” music swells, car drives into tunnel. Hard cut to black.

    I hate myself for thinking all this up and hope I’m surprised next Thursday.
  • Posts: 516
    FourDot wrote: »
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Had a thought occur as I was taking a walk at lunch just now:
    If the PTS features the death of Madeleine's mother and a way of presenting the pain of her family, this sequence poses two big ideas: Death of Maternal and Death of Family. Obviously, Bond too is an orphan — and we even saw his "mother" die in Skyfall. Films are circular, the beginning is the ending is the beginning and all. What happens at the start raises a question, and the ending resolves (not answer — resolves) that question.
    A lot of discourse about Nolan Batman/Craig Bond. Which is funny because Nolan Batman films are basically Bond movies...but back to my point. The Dark Knight Rises begins with Bruce (symbolically) dead, and the journey of the film is him coming back to life. Obviously, James is in a similar position post-PTS in No Time to Die . Combine this with the Mathilde character...
    Basically, I'm wondering if No Time to Die is, more or less, a restorative journey of life/maternal force. All the death in the beginning (her mother, her innocence, relationship with Bond) — all the rebirth in the ending.
    I think this is very much on point, and if there is unifying element with Craig's films it is, like The Dark Knight Trilogy, orphans and their hangups, be it Bond, Vesper, Camille, Silva's desire to commit quasi-matricide, Blofeld commiting patricide in response to a feeling of being shunned, Madeleine being orphaned or indeed emancipating herself from the malign influence of her repulsive father.

    I also think, as daft as the Brofeld thing is, there is something quite consciously connected to this idea in Bond refusing to kill Blofeld and join this tragic cycle.
    Yes. A thousand times yes. Brofeld, as clunky as it is — is a continuation of this idea that all the villains are variants of himself. When he throws down the weapon (think about the conclusion of Return of the Jedi), it is a powerful statement. He makes the choice Madeleine raises in the train — why not stop killing and start living?
    I wonder though that
    the title has had the ending hiding in plain sight the whole time “No Time To Die” like saying reflecting on someone that’s dead already “that was no time to die?”. Will Bond die when he’s nearly got a normal life? A family?

    Will the film really end with Bond alive but not with his daughter and her mother?”

    Or does it simply refer to Safin and his plans and possible life extending stuff, he’s got no time to die, he’s to busy making the world a better place”

    Simone mentioned the track Final Assent sounding hopeful toward the end. I think it sounds sorrowful. I feel like the last minute or two will play over a montage in the aftermath of the film. Feature possibly Bonds funeral? Then end with them driving into the tunnel. The tunnel echoing the gun barrel and thus ending the story of Craig’s Bond with the line “let me tell you a story” music swells, car drives into tunnel. Hard cut to black.

    I hate myself for thinking all this up and hope I’m surprised next Thursday.

    Don't know if you listened to the score or how well remember it, but if you did...
    Listen to"Time" from the Inception score. And think about how similar it is to "Final Ascent", especially in the ending — a rise that stops suddenly. If you've seen Inception, I think you'll get what I'm implying. If not — basically the film ends with Leo's character going back to his kids. And the "mystery" is you don't know whether he's still dreaming or if it's real. But I think the journey of the film, it doesn't matter. The whole film is this idea of subjectivity of reality. And in his reality — whatever that may be — he overcame the barriers and went back to his kids.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited September 2021 Posts: 1,007
    Had a brainstorm about possible ending in the vein of Inception or TDK…
    Bond’s fate is uncertain after final showdown with Safin, lair explosion, etc. Madeline and child are to safety…. Fast forward to Jamaica house, show footage of someone entering (but without actually showing who it is (perhaps camera just following their footsteps around house, maybe with a fresh catch from the sea in hand) while they’re whistling “Underneath the Mango Tree”. Child and Madeline appear… they smile widely. Then end on some witty positive comment in Craig’s voice that allows a roar into the Bond theme. End. James Bond will return.
  • Posts: 490
    Someone else mentioned this but I want to revive it. Is there any chance that Bond has a final showdown with an escapee Blofeld after killing Safin and it's being completely kept under wraps and even off the Soundtrack? Sort of like the ending of Casino Royale, things seem peaceful and happy but Blofeld shows up looking for revenge and Bond kills him once and for all? Even if it's only a 5 minute sequence. Or do we think Blofeld is left to rot in prison or does he die there?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 516
    ertert wrote: »
    Someone else mentioned this but I want to revive it. Is there any chance that Bond has a final showdown with an escapee Blofeld after killing Safin and it's being completely kept under wraps and even off the Soundtrack? Sort of like the ending of Casino Royale, things seem peaceful and happy but Blofeld shows up looking for revenge and Bond kills him once and for all? Even if it's only a 5 minute sequence. Or do we think Blofeld is left to rot in prison or does he die there?

    I think this is a good question, one I genuinely can't even begin to imagine. Very curious to see!
    Had a brainstorm about possible ending in the vein of Inception or TDK…
    Bond’s fate is uncertain after final showdown with Safin, lair explosion, etc. Madeline and child are to safety…. Fast forward to Jamaica house, show footage of someone entering (but without actually showing who it is (perhaps camera just following their footsteps around house, maybe with a fresh catch from the sea in hand) while they’re whistling “Underneath the Mango Tree”. Child and Madeline appear… they smile widely. Then end on some witty positive comment in Craig’s voice that allows a roar into the Bond theme. End. James Bond will return.

    Oh man I have a new favorite ending idea. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Posts: 3,277
  • Posts: 313
    Very intriguing theories guys. Just a thought
    all Daniel's tenures as Bond have ended with him in a suit: CR > settles him as Bond, QoS > defines his identity , SF > classic M's office scene, SP > suited and booted to go away with Madeleine.
    Now, there's a grey suit we haven't seen already and if we follow the pattern here it is. Think that the won't be showing Bond's funeral, but his fait may remain uncertain like in TDKR.
    From the callsheets we know that Madeleine and Mathilde will be in the V8 in Matera. I think there will be a sort of parallel with SP. Like they went to 'L'américain' where Mr. White and her wife spent their first night, it will be the case with them returning where Bond and Madeleine spent their first night. Then in a way or another Bond will show up, like Bruce Wayne did
Sign In or Register to comment.