No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    matt_u wrote: »
    Back in 2019 everybody was obsessed with Malek. De Armas as well, without mentioning Billie that won all her Emmys. EoN did a great job hiring good people with a perfect timing at that time, the pandemic robbed them of that perfectly built momentum as well.

Why, have they suddenly become irrelevant?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »
    Back in 2019 everybody was obsessed with Malek. De Armas as well, without mentioning Billie that won all her Emmys. EoN did a great job hiring good people with a perfect timing at that time, the pandemic robbed them of that perfectly built momentum as well.

Why, have they suddenly become irrelevant?

Lol I didn’t say that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,963
    Contraband wrote: »

What I like about that is that by looking at the distinctive folds in his jacket on his arms, you can tell that the moment the person walks across the field of the view of the camera at about three seconds in is the moment that the lady with Craig takes this photo:

ac076-benson-clegg-plain-skinny-rhodium-tie-slide-daniel-craig-james-bond-no-time-to-die-3.jpg?itok=SjgeQNb-

You can even see the guys walking behind him, even the one in the brown jacket on the right
    :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »

What I like about that is that by looking at the distinctive folds in his jacket on his arms, you can tell that the moment the person walks across the field of the view of the camera at about three seconds in is the moment that the lady with Craig takes this photo:

ac076-benson-clegg-plain-skinny-rhodium-tie-slide-daniel-craig-james-bond-no-time-to-die-3.jpg?itok=SjgeQNb-

You can even see the guy walking behind him

Cool. And BTW: Lady taking photos is Nicola Dove, official Bond photographer. The majority of 007's NTTD collection plus all the poster profiles was shot by her.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Cool. And BTW: Lady taking photos is Nicola Dove, official Bond photographer. The majority of 007's NTTD collection plus all the poster profiles was shot by her.

That's great, thanks for that. She's excellent.
    That photo is obviously much less retouched (although very beautifully retouched) than I thought: I imagined that the Aston background had been brought in from another photo, but it's all pretty original.

That's great, thanks for that. She's excellent.
    That photo is obviously much less retouched (although very beautifully retouched) than I thought: I imagined that the Aston background had been brought in from another photo, but it's all pretty original.

They will release more NTTD stills in the coming days or weeks. Bookmark:

Nicola's insta
    https://www.instagram.com/filmstillsacademy/

Greg's W's insta
    https://www.instagram.com/gregwilliamsphotography/
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    So hyped to see all of this coming back! Great detective work - you guys really do watch everything like a hawk
    What looks like a legit new synopsis for the film from MGM/EON/Universal. Has shown up on cinema websites in various countries
    James Bond (Daniel Craig) has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) from the CIA turns up asking for help, and M (Ralph Fiennes) also looks to bring 007 back for a new mission. When Bond encounters a new 00 named Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has replaced him as the top agent, he learns she isn't impressed by his past achievements.

The mission, which is to rescue a kidnapped scientist, turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain named Safin (Rami Malek), who is armed with dangerous new technology.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Interesting, wasn't there a promotional book that said Nomi's designation was 003 or something?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,963
    Interesting, wasn't there a promotional book that said Nomi's designation was 003 or something?

There was, although the Italian trailer had Bond referring to her as 'your new 007' and the recent interview video with Ms Lynch posted in this thread a page or two back certainly had her talking very much as if she were 007. Maybe she's somehow 003 as well in the movie (does Bond get the 007 number back?), maybe it was an initial publicity ploy that Eon had decided to go with but abandoned or maybe the book got it wrong.
    Have we met a 003 before in the series?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

There was, although the Italian trailer had Bond referring to her as 'your new 007' and the recent interview video with Ms Lynch posted in this thread a page or two back certainly had her talking very much as if she were 007. Maybe she's somehow 003 as well in the movie (does Bond get the 007 number back?), maybe it was an initial publicity ploy that Eon had decided to go with but abandoned or maybe the book got it wrong.

The AVTAK PTS.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,515
    There's something about an official Bond film synopsis, thar never fails to get me excited. It feels like a new Bond film is finally around the corner
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    There's something about an official Bonf film synopsis, thar never fails to get me excited. It feels like a new Bond film is finally around the corner

James Bonf

:D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I totally agree, although I guess it's not really massively different to the one we got before they started filming, all those years ago! :D
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    antovolk wrote: »
    sounds like TV spots are going out to cinemas - there's a 30-second that's gone out to Germany https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?pvid=617719, and in Canada a "Nomi and Paloma" spot also got rated https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/motion-picture-ratings/classification-details/?cpbc_id=525578. And as I already mentioned, a rework of the Super Bowl spot with the September 30 date has been playing in the UK since F9.

Have we managed to get either trailer yet?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    There's something about an official Bonf film synopsis, thar never fails to get me excited. It feels like a new Bond film is finally around the corner

James Bonf

Hahaha thank you my friend. I'm so excited about it, I forgot how to spell it 😅

I'm intrigued as to how much Bond and Nomi are partnered up in this film, because with her being mentioned in the synopsis it must be in an indicator as to how much she'll be in the film?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

James Bonf

Hahaha thank you my friend. I'm so excited about it, I forgot how to spell it 😅

I'm intrigued as to how much Bond and Nomi are partnered up in this film, because with her being mentioned in the synopsis it must be in an indicator as to how much she'll be in the film?

My expectations of Nomi in the film are:
    Jamaica, Cuba, London, and finale. I dont think she will be in the Norway stuff, but she’ll be milling around at the end too.
    What looks like a legit new synopsis for the film from MGM/EON/Universal. Has shown up on cinema websites in various countries
    James Bond (Daniel Craig) has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) from the CIA turns up asking for help, and M (Ralph Fiennes) also looks to bring 007 back for a new mission. When Bond encounters a new 00 named Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has replaced him as the top agent, he learns she isn't impressed by his past achievements.

The mission, which is to rescue a kidnapped scientist, turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain named Safin (Rami Malek), who is armed with dangerous new technology.

Kinda strange Seydoux isn't in the synopsis, considering how much she's in the film and how the story is built around her. But there's also not really a clean way to incorporate that into a synopsis, I suppose.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2021 Posts: 10,588
    BMB007 wrote: »

Kinda strange Seydoux isn't in the synopsis, considering how much she's in the film and how the story is built around her. But there's also not really a clean way to incorporate that into a synopsis, I suppose.
    They could have included a brief sentence along the lines of - “Bond uncovers a haunting connection between his former lover and the enemy he seeks, a terrorist named Safin with dangerous technology”

I guess that is one of the plot elements they want to keep under wraps despite alluding to it in the trailers.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

How many Bond synopsises mention the Bond girl. I would think it is surprisingly few.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 511
    jake24 wrote: »

They could have included a brief sentence along the lines of - “Bond uncovers a haunting connection between his former lover and the enemy he seeks, a terrorist named Safin with dangerous technology”

I guess that is one of the plot elements they want to keep under wraps despite alluding to it in the trailers.

Yeah, that's why it feels weird to me — not like the rest of the marketing is hiding it (the song, the trailers, the ads). Maybe they want straight-forward adventure stuff in the synopsis.

Mallory wrote: »

How many Bond synopsises mention the Bond girl. I would think it is surprisingly few.

A fair point! But this one seems to be pretty different since it's a continuation of a prior film.

Doesn't really matter ultimately 😂, glad we're getting more and more signs it's coming.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 490
    I often think about the interview Rami Malek did way back when where he discussed this "really challenging scene" he had with Daniel where it took them an entire day to figure out how to do it and when they finally nailed it, he jokingly said Daniel gave him a big kiss haha.
    I think it was on the Colbert Report.

I wonder what that scene is.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    ertert wrote: »
    I often think about the interview Rami Malek did way back when where he discussed this "really challenging scene" he had with Daniel where it took them an entire day to figure out how to do it and when they finally nailed it, he jokingly said Daniel gave him a big kiss haha.
    I think it was on the Colbert Report.

I wonder what that scene is.

Maybe is the same big confrontation scene they reworked on set because they felt Phoebe’s tone didn’t fit.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Hope to see some more clips from the movie soon. I think the only one we got so far was the bridge jump scene.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I really hope that the clip was a truncated tv version because I found the editing a little bit strange.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really hope that the clip was a truncated tv version because I found the editing a little bit strange.

It should be. I've seen some other movie clips of late that have really awful editing but it's smoothed out in the finished product. Then again, I've seen one or two that appear to be that way, only to be the result of, well, awful editing and chopping, so who knows.

Personally, I'd love to get a new trailer or TV spot to enjoy a glimpse of some new footage but with the film this close to release finally, I might just hold off (like I always said I'd do but caved with each new trailer. Oops!)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Former MGM President on Producing ‘Respect,’ the Amazon Acquisition and Why Theatrical Releases Still Matter
    https://hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/mgm-respect-movie-amazon-1234991792

Have you talked to Barbara Broccoli regarding the MGM deal?

I do speak to Barbara frequently, but I don’t ask her many questions about it because I’m sure she gets a lot of it. Barbara and Michael [Wilson] are such incredible producers that there is an instinct to stand back anyway, and they have a deal that protects them. The business may change, but they will not be pushed into doing something they don’t want to do.

Would they ever agree to a non-theatrical release?

I don’t know. It’s a mom-and-pop shop, not a huge enterprise. They’re going to do what is good for their business and makes sense in the long run. The environment may be changing, but they will be able to dictate what they want. They’ve maintained the [James Bond] franchise for over 50 years by doing it their way. There aren’t a lot of franchises you can say that about.