No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Walecs wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    It‘s just a movie. Health and safety first I say.

I disagree. My movie is more important, especially after a five year wait. I honestly couldn't care less about the virus.

It would not have stopped me from going. As I've said, this virus will still be a problem in November so we have no assurances that the movie won't get delayed again.
    Truly devastating.

giphy.gif

Saw this notification on my phone and knew to think the worst. I imagine that since Eon blinked first, numerous others will follow suit.

Perhaps, it'll mean a better film? Maybe they can squeeze in some reshoots and iron out any issues? Who knows.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Well. I can’t say I’m too thrilled about the news of NTTD’s release being delayed until November. I think a lot of us have been hoping for the best, hoping that this crisis wouldn’t touch Bond, but as Coronavirus has ravaged across the globe, it’s the best option. Disappointing? Yes, especially as this community of fans (and myself) have been clamoring for a high calibre Bond film since the end of Spectre; there’s no worse feeling than having something arrive just around the corner for it to be snatched away and out of our reach. However, this is something that not even our man Bond couldn’t even tackle, so it is what it is for the moment.

To keep some perspective - and some optimism from here until the future - I firmly believe things happen for a reason, especially events that are well outside of our control. Yes, we all know NTTD’s production has been plagued with mishaps and postponements since its early days, and this pandemic is another notch on its belt. However, we’ve been waiting for 5 years to see Bond back in action, and if we’ve waited all this time, then we can wait another 8 months. I always found it strange that NTTD getting an April slot, rather than the requisite fall season, and now, hearing that the film will likely debut in November makes it seem, well, right?

I’m trying to find silver linings in this chaos, and I’m sure this film’s delay will inevitably cause a chain reaction for other releases this year. As a Bond fan, I’m gutted like most of you I presume are. But at the same time, these next several months up until the final and long awaited release will be well worth the wait - have faith. Just think, from a production standpoint, Hans Zimmer and Co. will be given a lot of time to work on and tweak the score (which I know will be a grand slam), and the marketing team will have plenty of time to regroup and make the release all the more sweet with promotional stuff. The film’s in the can (or a huge portion of it is), and now the universe - in its Blofeldian ways - is demanding our patience. Because one way or another, NTTD will go out with a bang come November, and we will be there. “James Bond will return”. Maybe not as soon as scheduled originally and as we’d hoped, but he’ll be back on the big screen.

In the meantime, I can only hope that this pandemic will start to taper off, and those who’ve fallen ill will get better. Hopefully we’ll have something close to a vaccine so that the world can go back to some sense of normalcy
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Truly devastating.

giphy.gif

Saw this notification on my phone and knew to think the worst. I imagine that since Eon blinked first, numerous others will follow suit.

Perhaps, it'll mean a better film? Maybe they can squeeze in some reshoots and iron out any issues? Who knows.

They pushed the release only because of the virus, not because it needs to be polished.
    I expected a month or two delay maybe, but 7 months???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Shame on MI6-HQ for starting this bull.
    Like I said they should have pushed harder to make the February release and we’d be fine.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    B26: Corona Royale
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,336
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Like I said they should have pushed harder to make the February release and we’d be fine.

Just what i was thinking. If the other delays didn't happen we would of had seen the film by now. This film is cursed.
    ertert wrote: »
    There is zero evidence the virus will be gone in November. It will likely be worse given how other well-studied coronaviruses function seasonally.

Damned if they do damned if they don't

I bet they are counting on a vaccine being distributed globally by then.
    I don´t want to say something wrong, but is there any vaccination for the SARS-Cov?
    In any case, there ought to be more information in fall than there is now. Doesn´t anyone find it odd that there is a relatively high letality, yet at the same time 80% of infected people have hardly any symptoms at all?

This stinks, obviously, and we as hardcore fans are all, of course, devastated. I felt like I had been stabbed in the gut when I read the news. I felt like crying. But in the bigger scheme of things, really...if this is the worst thing that happens to us today, aren't we all doing pretty well?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,930
    antovolk wrote: »

So they read the actual official announcement which said: “ MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, announced today that after careful consideration and thorough evaluation of the global theatrical marketplace, the release of NO TIME TO DIE will be postponed until November 2020.
    The film will be released in the U.K. on November 12, 2020 with worldwide release dates to follow, including the US launch on November 25, 2020.”

What astonishing journalism to ‘learn’ they’ve said it’s a financial decision :D

Just what i was thinking. If the other delays didn't happen we would of had seen the film by now. This film is cursed.

Poor DC. The guy’s had the worst luck with Bond film release gaps: 2 years (CR to QoS), 4 years (QoS to SF), 3 years (SF to SP), now 5 years between SP to NTTD. It’s aggravating.
    Look at the bright side, when Bond comes out in November, it will carry the trailer for THE BATMAN.
    I guess they'll work on the film for a few more months perfecting the editing, soundtrack...etc.

I have no big issue with the delay. :)
    They better have the next film ready for November 2022, then all is well with me
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,930
    Walecs wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    It‘s just a movie. Health and safety first I say.

I disagree. My movie is more important, especially after a five year wait. I honestly couldn't care less about the virus.

Ha! I’m worried you’re actually serious! :D
    This stinks, obviously, and we as hardcore fans are all, of course, devastated. I felt like I had been stabbed in the gut when I read the news. I felt like crying.

No Time To Cry!
    They better have the next film ready for November 2022, then all is well with me

Yeah right.

2024 will be the earliest.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I didn't want this to happen, but November will come soon enough.
    Look at the bright side, when Bond comes out in November, it will carry the trailer for THE BATMAN.

Oh snap! That actually might happen! I’m a huge Batman fan, so if there’s a teaser or trailer attached to NTTD, I might just actually cry. Come onnnnn November!
    Remember remember the month of November. Whence Bond slays the virus thus named Corona.
    Well. I can’t say I’m too thrilled about the news of NTTD’s release being delayed until November. I think a lot of us have been hoping for the best, hoping that this crisis wouldn’t touch Bond, but as Coronavirus has ravaged across the globe, it’s the best option. Disappointing? Yes, especially as this community of fans (and myself) have been clamoring for a high calibre Bond film since the end of Spectre; there’s no worse feeling than having something arrive just around the corner for it to be snatched away and out of our reach. However, this is something that not even our man Bond couldn’t even tackle, so it is what it is for the moment.

To keep some perspective - and some optimism from here until the future - I firmly believe things happen for a reason, especially events that are well outside of our control. Yes, we all know NTTD’s production has been plagued with mishaps and postponements since its early days, and this pandemic is another notch on its belt. However, we’ve been waiting for 5 years to see Bond back in action, and if we’ve waited all this time, then we can wait another 8 months. I always found it strange that NTTD getting an April slot, rather than the requisite fall season, and now, hearing that the film will likely debut in November makes it seem, well, right?

I’m trying to find silver linings in this chaos, and I’m sure this film’s delay will inevitably cause a chain reaction for other releases this year. As a Bond fan, I’m gutted like most of you I presume are. But at the same time, these next several months up until the final and long awaited release will be well worth the wait - have faith. Just think, from a production standpoint, Hans Zimmer and Co. will be given a lot of time to work on and tweak the score (which I know will be a grand slam), and the marketing team will have plenty of time to regroup and make the release all the more sweet with promotional stuff. The film’s in the can (or a huge portion of it is), and now the universe - in its Blofeldian ways - is demanding our patience. Because one way or another, NTTD will go out with a bang come November, and we will be there. “James Bond will return”. Maybe not as soon as scheduled originally and as we’d hoped, but he’ll be back on the big screen.

In the meantime, I can only hope that this pandemic will start to taper off, and those who’ve fallen ill will get better. Hopefully we’ll have something close to a vaccine so that the world can go back to some sense of normalcy

Thank you so much for this. Really puts it in perspective and helps me feel better about it. I have plenty of other movies, books, TV shows, and life to hold me over until then.

It is what it is at this point. I feel bad for DC, Rami, Cary, and all but hopefully they're cool with this.
    All we can do is hope for a grand slam mic-drop of a Bond movie.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,167
    What a stupid idea!!! This will surely backfire -the whole industry will be crippled if they cancel or postpone every blockbuster for more than half a year.

Guess those Netflix executives are giving each other high fives now.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

It is what it is at this point. I feel bad for DC, Rami, Cary, and all but hopefully they're cool with this.

I’m sure they’ll all be weeping into their enormous bank accounts! :D

It’ll be interesting to see if they’re available to actually sell the movie when it finally comes out.

Thank you so much for this. Really puts it in perspective and helps me feel better about it. I have plenty of other movies, books, TV shows, and life to hold me over until then.

All we can do is hope for a grand slam mic-drop of a Bond movie.

Thanks, man, I appreciate it. Glad you’re keeping the faith, too. I’m more concerned about the folks who are like “Screw the virus, I want my movie!” But hey, we all have different priorities I suppose.
    I think eon and the marketing will go quiet and they’ll do a new trailer and campaign in July or august.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,526
    My bet is that they cease all marketing for the film now, and gear it back up again in the fall.
    Of course they cancelled for financial reasons, but those reasons were a direct result of the closures of theatres worldwide, which is due to health reasons, so it's the right decision.

I feel this definitely will help speed up the transition from movie theatres to streaming for new films.

To say this decision will do more harm than good is just devoid of all common sense.
    I think eon and the marketing will go quiet and they’ll do a new trailer and campaign in July or august.

Agree, i don't expect much in the coming months. The best news that can come is an 2022 release date for the next film, which i highly doubt.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 5,767
    mtm wrote: »

I’m sure they’ll all be weeping into their enormous bank accounts! :D

It’ll be interesting to see if they’re available to actually sell the movie when it finally comes out.
    I´m sure a lot of Bond personell was around at the time of the release to sell a new movie, but I must say I never was aware of that. New film came out, fine, I´d be there. And I´m sure not many people will even notice it if none of the actors makes a live appearance when the film is released.

Zekidk wrote: »
    What a stupid idea!!! This will surely backfire -the whole industry will be crippled if they cancel or postpone every blockbuster for more than half a year.
    Depends on if there is a form of insurance for such a case.
    See everybody in November.