No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I appreciate the work Tom Cruise does to entertain audiences, by doing mind bogglingly dangerous stunts.
    I also appreciate the hard work, stunt teams do to entertain us by doing their job.
    As this is a Bond film, and Daniel Craig is not permitted too, or doesn't want to risk his neck, I'm more than happy to see an exciting stunt performed by a stuntman.
    If the action looks great on screen (and from what we're seeing it looks like it could be) then I'll be a happy audience member.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    One thing: wouldn't Tom Cruise do such motorcycle stunts all by himself?

He would and I love him for it but he's also a tad crazy in that sense.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Daniel Craig has a life outside of Bond, a recent baby and Rachel and his grown up daughter

Crusie hasn't any of that and is like real life loony tunes, I don't think he can hold a relationship down and has pretty disastrous personal life, Craig does not.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Are we really debating that? Cruise is a beast of his own and as people have pointed out really doesn't appear to have a life outside of that. If it makes him happy then good for him.

Craig does as much as he can, more than MOST in the industry. So why this is even up for debate is a mystery. This is par for the course.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I'm with you guys: Cruise is amazing and I think his films genuinely do benefit from his stunt skills, but I would never expect any other film star to do that if they weren't prepared to.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Loving these images. I can't wait to see all this action in context :D
    If the next bond did what cruise does it would take the franchise to another level. Imagine every 2-3 years a film like fallout, eon would easily make 1 billion each film
  • Station_Z wrote: »
    Best picture of Bond on the motorcycle if you keep swiping:

Also, it looks as though Heneikein and Bollinger are hosting a NTTD according to this post:
    And Blackwell Rum, that's new. Maybe Bond drinks that in Jamaica.
    https://www.blackwellrum.com

Plus, yes, the pic is great :)
    68956685_126963534938635_4425514259220255882_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=107

One thing: wouldn't Tom Cruise do such motorcycle stunts all by himself?

Tom Cruise is insane.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If the next bond did what cruise does it would take the franchise to another level. Imagine every 2-3 years a film like fallout, eon would easily make 1 billion each film

If only. I'd love for McQuarrie to make a Bond film: I'm not sure anyone else quite understands blockbusters like he does.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It’s interesting, and sad to see some call Cruise “looney “ and “ insane” and imply that he’s got nothing to live for outside of movies because he chooses to do a great deal of his stunts and physical act.
    This isn’t a competition, just a different means to an end.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    talos7 wrote: »
    It’s interesting, and sad to see some call Cruise “looney “ and “ insane” and imply that he’s got nothing to live for outside of movies because he chooses to do a great deal of his stunts and physical act. This isn’t a competition, just a different means to an end.

Indeed @Talos7. I for one thinks that if a Bond-actor nears the stunt frequency of Tom Cruise, no Bond-fan would be complaining. As a matter of fact, some 3 to 4 years ago many fans in here hailed the two recent M:I films and used it in their arguments as a template on how Bond films should be made.

Now however, when production of NTTD is taking place the general atmosphere could have changed a bit in favour of Bond. Perhaps we're even a bit blinded by the fact a new Bond-film is taking place. But I just learned my lesson two back in 2015. I liked SP personally a lot. Still like it. But that's nu guarantee how the film is being perceived by other Bond fans...or the big audience.

I am patient. I let myself surprise. I see good things during this production, but I also see some uninspired choices. What counts in the end is a tightly knitted, logical story. Many posters in here learned me that. If that's being executed perfectly, by means of good direction, good editing, then you can bet my enthusiasm will going to through the roof :-). And I personally think Cary Fukunaga is an admirable director.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Daniel Craig has a life outside of Bond, a recent baby and Rachel and his grown up daughter

Crusie hasn't any of that and is like real life loony tunes, I don't think he can hold a relationship down and has pretty disastrous personal life, Craig does not.

Says who?

I am no big Cruise fan, but he's an underrated actor (should have won an Oscar for Magnolia). And he's been the most unfairly maligned actor of our generation. Over what, exactly? Women? Religion? A bad moment on the Today Show? Compared to most people in this business, Cruise has generally been one of the most liked.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    TripAces wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

Says who?

I am no big Cruise fan, but he's an underrated actor (should have won an Oscar for Magnolia). And he's been the most unfairly maligned actor of our generation. Over what, exactly? Women? Religion? A bad moment on the Today Show? Compared to most people in this business, Cruise has generally been one of the most liked.

^:)^ >:D<

"Magnolia"...…….@TripAces. I. Love. You. (ina Moneypenny-esque way like in YOLT). I fully agree. Despite his flaws, which in essence are nothing more than bodyjerking irritations about his personality, he's a damn good actor. But also an actor who is truly kind to his followers and fans:

PS @Creasy47, wouldn't you think it would be lovely if Daniel Craig and Tom Cruise buddy up one of these days for some beers? ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I hate to be ‘that mod’ but this is straying off topic for no reason whatsoever.
    Thanks
  • talos7 wrote: »
    It’s interesting, and sad to see some call Cruise “looney “ and “ insane” and imply that he’s got nothing to live for outside of movies because he chooses to do a great deal of his stunts and physical act.
    This isn’t a competition, just a different means to an end.

Sorry, this is continuing off topic but I think in the light of the above comment I need to qualify my remark about Mr Cruise. I did not mean he was literally insane or 'looney'. Only that the degree to which he puts himself at risk is really crazy. I wouldn't want to walk up the Burj Kalifa or be strapped to a plane! I don't expect Craig, or any actor to go to the lengths that he does. It's great that he does it's incredible! But I can well understand others not following in his footsteps.
    Best picture of Bond on the motorcycle if you keep swiping:

Also, it looks as though Heneikein and Bollinger are hosting a NTTD according to this post:

And Chris Blackwell's rum brand. It's obviously getting a plug in the movie too.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Shooting locations 4-6 Sept:
    - Via San Biagio - Piazza San Giovanni Battista
    - Via Stigliani between Via San Biagio - Via F.P.Volpe.

nfnaAKA.jpg
    gUwKDP5.jpg
    zxPQI4y.jpg
    YLCH2VQ.jpg
    0hKP6tW.jpg

Today: Prepping set at Piazza San Giovanni Battista square

james-bond-piazza-san-giovanni-2.jpg
    james-bond-piazza-san-giovanni-3.jpg
    james-bond-piazza-san-giovanni.jpg

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Wow: that top one’s shiny! :) Is it me or does it have no rollcage? Maybe it’s the hero car..?
    Hollywood reporter claims Christoph Waltz

"is set to reprise his role as the villainous Blofeld in the upcoming James Bond movie No Time to Die"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/christoph-waltz-star-liam-hemsworth-quibi-thriller-1236471
  • Contraband wrote: »

"is set to reprise his role as the villainous Blofeld in the upcoming James Bond movie No Time to Die"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/christoph-waltz-star-liam-hemsworth-quibi-thriller-1236471

Justin Kroll from Variety (a trade reporter) confirmed this back on 12 July 2019:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/christoph-waltz-bond-25-blofeld-1203265974/

This is merely reiterating what Variety (and Baz) have already confirmed.

Nothing to see here.
    Contraband wrote: »

Justin Kroll from Variety (a trade reporter) confirmed this back on 12 July 2019:

Nothing to see here.

@Pierce2Daniel
    (with german accent) -Aah you Schweinhundt!! How dare yah tells me nothing to see here, yah. I demand ein duel or I will slap you face twice mit meinen glove!!

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Nothing to see here.

@Pierce2Daniel
    (with german accent) -Aah you Schweinhundt!! How dare yah tells me nothing to see here, yah. I demand ein duel or I will slap you face twice mit meinen glove!!

I bet you could shoot him from Stuttgart and create ze proper effekt.
    00Agent wrote: »

Nothing to see here.

@Pierce2Daniel

I zink zo too, yaah.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    00Agent wrote: »

Nothing to see here.

@Pierce2Daniel

I zink zo too, yaah.

Just a professional doing a job :))
    #MeToo.
  • I'm 38 years old and every time I see pictures like the ones being posted on this thread, knowing that a new Bond film is in production, I STILL get as excited and giddy as a little boy.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    OH SH**!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ???