NTTD Gun Barrel Sequence OOO O O O

Comments

• George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    I wonder if they think having the barrel move from side to side and then open onto the first shot of the film is a bit cheesy in this day and age.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited October 2020 Posts: 8,000
    I wonder if they think having the barrel move from side to side and then open onto the first shot of the film is a bit cheesy in this day and age.

We’ll only find out in November (providing it releases).

Besides, it’s not like the lack of the iris opening hurt DN, FRWL, and GF. I wasn’t all that upset over the lack of it in SP. I was just happy to see any variation of a gun barrel at all. I do hope that they keep the new effect from SP where the lights go dark on Bond and he becomes a silhouette after firing his shot.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I do hope that they keep the new effect from SP where the lights go dark on Bond and he becomes a silhouette after firing his shot.

Yes, I loved that.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,247
    mtm wrote: »
    I do hope that they keep the new effect from SP where the lights go dark on Bond and he becomes a silhouette after firing his shot.

Yes, I loved that.

Me too. Very Creative of Kleinman. Even if he doesn't retain that style, I think there's still going to be another clever innovation with the Gunbarrel Sequence.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

Yes, I loved that.

Me too. Very Creative of Kleinman. Even if he doesn't retain that style, I think there's still going to be another clever innovation with the Gunbarrel Sequence.

Agreed on that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    They gotta slip this in front. The bottom one.

14451126724_91ea42ceb9_o.jpg
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I actually always liked when it stopped on that despite it only happening in two films. However, I doubt they'd stray from Cubby's credit but they could just as easily do the usual Albert R. Broccoli's "EON" Productions (with the "EON" in the circle of course).
    Ryan wrote: »
    I actually always liked when it stopped on that despite it only happening in two films. However, I doubt they'd stray from Cubby's credit but they could just as easily do the usual Albert R. Broccoli's "EON" Productions (with the "EON" in the circle of course).

That's probably would it would be.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I'm still hoping for "Dedicated to Sir Roger Moore" appearing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861

I don’t know how I feel about that. I loved the guy as much as anyone, met him twice, and he’s my favourite Bond, but it’s been a while now and as the years move on I’m not sure I want the Bond films turned into a sort of memorial garden. Harry Saltzman and Ian Fleming himself didn’t get tributes, so maybe it’s best not to.

I would really love that. I'm still surprised that Skyfall wasn't dedicated to John Barry. I don't know why that happened. That's why I'm not so sure about Moore's dedication.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I would really love that. I'm still surprised that Skyfall wasn't dedicated to John Barry. I don't know why that happened. That's why I'm not so sure about Moore's dedication.

Shooting scenes in Barry's former home was likely their way of giving him tribute.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    As much as I'm all for a tribute of Roger, I don't see them directly referencing a Bond actor in another Bond actor's film. It doesn't feel right to me.

Shooting scenes in Barry's former home was likely their way of giving him tribute.

Yeah, you're right. Although, it was done in a subtle way. Since casual Bond fans won't know M's house belonged to Barry.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    As much as I'm all for a tribute of Roger, I don't see them directly referencing a Bond actor in another Bond actor's film. It doesn't feel right to me.

Yeah, with the greatest respect to all of them, even Dalton is in his 70s now so we could in theory be having a whole ‘in memorium’ roll for the next one and that’s a bit downbeat. If they want to do it it’s obviously fine but it’s not for me to be upset if they don’t.
    Tributing Cubby and Derek Meddings made sense in their respective films (TND because he is the father of the producers, and GE because Meddings worked on it). I wouldn’t expect anyone else to get a mention, but Roger Moore is different because he was actually Bond. Same with the other actors. If any actor could get a memoriam, it’s the leads.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not Saltzman or Fleming?
    I dunno, I'm not trying to press the point but I feel like if Fleming had (somehow!) lived to yesterday folks would be taking to twitter to complain about the lack of tributes on the posters etc.
    I kind of find the demand for tributes from all fandoms (not just this one) a bit fascinating.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    A good film would be tribute enough for me.

Though if they really wanted to acknowledge Roger in the end credits, I'd prefer if they did it at the end rather than at the start. Possibly before the "James Bond Will Return" card if they wanted something extra touching.

Of course, it's been a few years now. They might not bother.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Is Craig the only Bond to have not done the gunbarrel whilst wearing a tuxedo?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    A good film would be tribute enough for me.

Though if they really wanted to acknowledge Roger in the end credits, I'd prefer if they did it at the end rather than at the start. Possibly before the "James Bond Will Return" card if they wanted something extra touching.

Of course, it's been a few years now. They might not bother.

Yes, my thoughts too- at the end of the credits rather than the beginning if they feel it necessary.
    Mallory wrote: »

No, Roger's first one was in a normal suit I think. I don't think Sean's or George's were actually; why would you wear a hat with one?
    So Roger may well have been the first and Tim and Pierce are the exceptions for only wearing dinner suits! :)

Yes, as far as I remember. Maybe this one time...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Connery never did and nor did Lazenby.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What's a dinner suit?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    What's a dinner suit?

Tuxedo
    Both Connery and Lazenby wore business suits. Moore wore a business suit in LALD/TMWTGG. Moore then switched to a tuxedo in TSWLM and that carried over with both Dalton and Brosnan. Craig then brought back the business suit.

So yeah, the conceit of Craig being the only Bond not to wear a tuxedo in the gun barrel is false.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,131

He filmed one for QoS which wasn’t used. But yes, he hasn’t had one featured in his films yet.

In answer to the question, no, Connery and Lazenby wore a suit for their GB’s. Moore did both.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    They should’ve worked out a way to make the Ivory dinner jacket work against the piss coloured gun barrel of Spectre imo.
    DCisared wrote: »
    They should’ve worked out a way to make the Ivory dinner jacket work against the piss coloured gun barrel of Spectre imo.
    :)) Indeed.
  • zerozerozerozero The far far east
    edited October 2020 Posts: 58
    DCisared wrote: »

HA HA HA :-D Brilliant comment!
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 4,400

During this interview, Kleinman states that he's moved away from being too technical with the GB (the spiral moving like in the Brosnan years, CGI bullets, etc) and likes the idea of keeping the graphic as simple as possible. He also confirms that we are getting a new GB for NTTD.

We have had 3 GBs from Kleinman during the Craig era...Which do we think he should move towards?

ShinyRichHound-size_restricted.gif

I'd be curious to see him move back to the design from CR. It be a nice way to close off the Craig era to replicate the GB. Though I was never a fan of the amount of grooves he added or the mirror effect. I do like the thicker blood though....

I was never really enamoured with the SF design. However, on reflection, it isn't so bad. But for a redesign, it's a bit vanilla.

5LE3.gif

The Binder style used in SP felt off. A little too cartoony.....I hope we don't get a Binder design. I used to be so married to it. But having seen its execution in SP, I think they should just leave it to the past. Unless they actually take one of the whole Binder designs and just not alter it at all. I don't need to see a digital/graphic redesign. It just looks inauthentic.

77f4ed99c5cc5450beb638b9e005d27f.gif

If I'm being bluntly honest, my favourite design came from MK12 on QOS. The design is the sleekest and coolest. The big nitpick being that Craig's walk is too short and the whole thing moves too quickly.

VelvetySomberAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif