Skyfall in Concert

2»

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Oh interesting, i didn't know he was in town. Thanks @Mallory
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Received my Ticket today for the London Concert on Bond Day. \m/
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Just came back from London. Had a great time watching the Leipzig Orchestra at Royal Albert Hall last week, simply amazing. Not sure if I'll be there again for the October festivities, if I do, I'll definately attend the Skyfall in Concert.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Thought I would drop this here for those that live over in the Great White North.

https://www.tso.ca/concert/james-bond-music-0

Toronto Symphony is doing three concerts called "The Music of James Bond" I wonder if there will be vocalists or just the orchestra? Might have to buy a ticket!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    thedove wrote: »
    Thought I would drop this here for those that live over in the Great White North.

https://www.tso.ca/concert/james-bond-music-0

Toronto Symphony is doing three concerts called "The Music of James Bond" I wonder if there will be vocalists or just the orchestra? Might have to buy a ticket!
    Respects for posting this! I'll definitely try to make it.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Got my tickets too!
    ‘Skyfall’ in Concert, Toronto
    https://007.com/skyfall-in-concert-in-toronto/

At the Meridian Hall from 21 to 22 February, 2020.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    ‘Skyfall’ in Concert, Toronto
    https://007.com/skyfall-in-concert-in-toronto/

At the Meridian Hall from 21 to 22 February, 2020.
    Hell yeah!

New show added at 2PM on Saturday, 23 November.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Already have my ticket for the Toronto show. Can't wait to check it out. This will be my first Bond event.... hope it is special.

Trying my best to avoid watching Skyfall beforehand.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Oh my god! what a show last night at Bridge Water Hall Manchester

I've always like Newman's score just not loved it but boy I'm changing my tune on that now.

To think I used to think that this score hasn't much of the Bond theme in it, yes it is not full on but from the get go Newman is subtlety weaving it in there.

Also not having seen the film for a good 4 years, watching it again was an absolute pleasure and I know it comes in for a kicking on here but last night confirmed that I still love it.

Our friend Kate who had not seen it before loved it, she got to see CR last year at the same venue and that was her first time as well, what a way to witness these 2 films for the first time.

My Wife Karen remarked having not seen it since 2013 that she had forgotten how well paced it was and that definitely came across to me and Kate's partner our friend Dave who like me is huge Bond fan.

I missed out on CR last year so was determined to catch this and I wasn't disappointed. Ben the same conductor from the CR in concert and he also was with the Czechoslovakian Philarmonic for our Jaws in concert last year we all 4 went to as well. Along with the Halle orchestra just knocked it out the park and truly made Newman's score sing.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Agent_47 I am seeing the Friday night show at 730.

which show are you seeing?
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    peter wrote: »

The Saturday showing; It's the only day I can get the grandparents to take the kids. Will be making a whole day of it.

Can't wait. Going to have to take a bus to toronto but it will be worth it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Agent_47 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

The Saturday showing; It's the only day I can get the grandparents to take the kids. Will be making a whole day of it.

Can't wait. Going to have to take a bus to toronto but it will be worth it.

That's awesome, @Agent_47 -- when we did CR, it was Vesper's before and after, with a dinner to match the evening.

We'll probably do the same thing this time around... Right across from Meridian Hall, I mean directly across the street, is a wine bar (I forget it's name, but it is literally across the street (facing North)), and they made some of the best Vesper's I've had.

Are you in Ontario?
    'Skyfall' in Concert will be at Hammer Hall, Melbourne from 2 - 4 September, 2021.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,496
    'Skyfall' in Concert will be at at the Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco from 16 – 17 March, 2022.

Tickets go on sale 31 August, 2021.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I am hoping they will do another film, maybe next year, as part of the 60th anniversary.

NTTD in concert would be cool, but so would a Connery one, perhaps Goldfinger.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,951
    Mallory wrote: »
    I am hoping they will do another film, maybe next year, as part of the 60th anniversary.

Yeah if they did a John Barry I would go. My dream would probably be Moonraker or OHMSS, but I think you’re right that GF is the most likely.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    'Skyfall' in Concert will be at at the Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco from 16 – 17 March, 2022.

Tickets go on sale 31 August, 2021.

Think I’ll go to this! Thanks for sharing.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Just bought tickets for the March 17th show in San Francisco. So pumped!

Ok not quite as pumped as I am for NTTD.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They need to do AVTAK there though! :D
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Mallory wrote: »

Just to pick up on this, looking at the RAH events, there is a rather noticeable free weekend, October 15th and 16th.

Maybe they will sneakily announce a Bond in Concert? Fingers crossed on my rampant, unjustified speculation :D
    Skyfall in Concert will be at Riverside Theatre, Perth from 2 - 3 February, 2023.