A trip to the 007 Museum in Nybro, Sweden

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
in Bond Movies Posts: 3,104
Nybro, in Småland, Sweden, is the home of the (I suspect highly unofficial) 007 Museum, run by a fan so committed he has added 'James Bond' to his name. Obviously I was going to check this out on my recent motorcycle holiday in the area.

258270_600.jpg

The museum's parking spaces are named after Bond films, so my partner took 'GoldenEye' while I parked in the space with the JB007 number plate. There was nobody around, but after a few minutes owner Gunnar James Bond Schäfer appeared to let us in.

265149_600.jpg

I have a particular interest in foreign film posters and editions of the books, and the museum was a delight on that front. It's one man's private collection, but a huge collection, including the bikini worn by Izabella Scorupco in GE.

264385_600.jpg

There's a tiny cinema where you can watch a film about Gunnar, his museum and his Bond obession, and a luxurious loo where you can sit surrounded by cases of Bollinger watching Bond music videos (I selected The Living Daylights).

264761_600.jpg

One recent acquisition was a hovercraft from Die Another Day, purchased from the Hovercraft Museum in Lee-on-Solent (which I visited earlier this year). To my great joy, I was allowed to sit in the driver's seat.

263921_600.jpg

Once we'd looked round the exhibition I had the pleasure of a long and geeky Bond fan conversation with Gunnar: oh, you have a phone number that ends in 007! Me too! (Of course, because he's a Swedish Bond fan, we also had a very earnest discussion about whether Mamma Mia 2 is as good as the original.)

My partner bought a can of SPECTRE Heineken from the fridge and, to my horror, drank it even though it was two years out of date. To my further horror, he then absent-mindedly crushed it rather than giving it to me for my collection. Gunnar saved the day by signing it for me.

Definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in the southeast corner of Sweden, and heaven if, like me, you get stupidly excited about Swedish 007 chocolate bars.

264631_600.jpg

(I blog my bike trips, by the way, so if you're terribly interested in what I had for lunch every day in Sweden, start here: https://huskyteer.livejournal.com/628449.html)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did that man run a Swedish Bondfan website before? His name sounds familiar.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Hmm, not known to me, but it seems likely!
    The Swedish Goldfinger poster is really great! Looks like you had a great time in Småland, @Agent_99 :-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is excellent! What a great find. Love the photos! Thanks.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Amazing photos and opportunity, Agent99 - love how you got to sit in the Osprey. You didn't steal that bikini, by any chance? I'd like to add it to my collection.

My BOND collection...

Gunnars' website is one that I've visited many times while doing prop research.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    That’s fantastic @Agent_99 ! I would love to be able to sit in the hovercraft from DAD.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thank you all for reading! It was a wonderful trip. Another highlight was a visit to the Swedish Air Force Museum.

Here's that bikini for you, @QBranch!

44219232685_22a6a2a1bc_z.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thank you! I'll wear it to the beach next time I'm in Cuba.