The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just made 1 transfer for a keeper in case I forget as very busy this week, I made a 800'000 jump last GW, it just illustrates how tight FPL is I think... other than those way out in front.
    Just made 1 transfer for a keeper in case I forget as very busy this week, I made a 800'000 jump last GW, it just illustrates how tight FPL is I think... other than those way out in front.

Massive rank jumps can be made still – especially in the coming period with double gameweeks and -for many managers – chips being played. Some planning and clever decisions can change a lot.
    _______

With gameweek 17 still open, we can't crown a gameweek winner just yet. I'll have a look at the teams when gameweek 17 closes.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada

Massive rank jumps can be made still – especially in the coming period with double gameweeks and -for many managers – chips being played. Some planning and clever decisions can change a lot.
    _______

With gameweek 17 still open, we can't crown a gameweek winner just yet. I'll have a look at the teams when gameweek 17 closes.

Just announced by FPL:

"Following the announcement @afcbournemouth v @LutonTown will be replayed in full at a later date, Gameweek 17 will now be closed and the game will update shortly.

Points achieved by players in the original fixture will be voided. Normal auto-subs and vice-captain rules apply."
    Feyador wrote: »

_______

Just announced by FPL:

"Following the announcement @afcbournemouth v @LutonTown will be replayed in full at a later date, Gameweek 17 will now be closed and the game will update shortly.

Points achieved by players in the original fixture will be voided. Normal auto-subs and vice-captain rules apply."

Hard to see how they could have done it differently, really. Annoying for many of course, but it's really not much different than a game being postponed after the deadline.

I get Lascelles' 6 points from the bench, so I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Not so lucky, it's a minus four for me after Ward Prowse comes in plus no Areola sub for Neto. What's worse, I had both Gordon and Livramento as my other subs ...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Completely forgot about the canceled game, i lost Solanke's points and got Mctominay 3 points off the bench.
    Completely forgot about the canceled game, i lost Solanke's points and got Mctominay 3 points off the bench. I think i was heading for the GW winner oh well, as long as Lockyer is well that is all that matters.
    Keeping faith in Ward Prowse has not paid off at all. BTW, Areola is back and playing against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup right now. Don't know whether he'll get his spot back in the PL against ManU.
    I kept Areola and sold my other keeper, Sam Johnstone been out to long so decided to sell.
    Not so lucky, it's a minus four for me after Ward Prowse comes in plus no Areola sub for Neto. What's worse, I had both Gordon and Livramento as my other subs ...

Ouch, that's really bad luck! I'll have a goalkeeper headache this gameweek, much like you had this gameweek, if Areola doesn't feature and Flekken blanking. Might just have to plan for a goalkeeper transfer, even though there is so much I'd rather do with my team.
    Oh, wait, I forgot that I started Mykolenko, but he didn't play so at least I got the Gordon pts.

Potentially 3 or 4 non playing/starting players for GW18. Not sure what to do except pick Watkins as the obvious Captain move ....
    Oh, wait, I forgot that I started Mykolenko, but he didn't play so at least I got the Gordon pts.

Potentially 3 or 4 non playing/starting players for GW18. Not sure what to do except pick Watkins as the obvious Captain move ....

Completely forgot that Gordon is a doubt. That makes Areola, Gordon and Flekken my issues for gameweek 18. I can just play Palmer and bench Gordon though.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Completely forgot that Gordon is a doubt. That makes Areola, Gordon and Flekken my issues for gameweek 18. I can just play Palmer and bench Gordon though.

Areola played today and it will be interesting to see if he's back in ?
    West Ham were embarrassing again today ... both Areola and Fabianski have now given up 5 goals in games recently. Top half of the PL and the final 16 of the Europa, but you never know what you're going to get with West Ham.

If you need a keeper and have no other moves to make I'd get Newcastle's Dubravka.

BTW, most neutrals don't realize that West Ham now have the second highest average attendance in the PL. And now with major investment from Europe they should arguably be among the elite teams ...

Some great players especially Paquetta and Kudus, the later of whom I'd transfer into my FPL squad if not for the upcoming African Cup of Nations next month.

Based on the one good game, one bad game narrative, they should probably do well on the weekend ...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I was thinking on getting Dubravka in as mine aren't starting.
    The Asian cup starts next month too.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,378
    Before the gameweek 18 deadline tonight at 18:30, we must have a look at how gameweek 17 went! Due to the dramatic event in the game between Bournemouth and Luton, it took a while before managers received their final points. Many managers would also get points from the bench from their blanking Bournemouth and Luton assets – and some managers had better luck with bench points than others. The gameweek also saw quite the points variance, meaning some managers had a much better gameweek than others – best of which in our league being – for the second gameweek in a row – Brand New Cadillacs, scoring 65 points. Congratulations! =D>

4QPUZhF.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs

_________

Remember the gameweek 18 deadline, tonight at 18:30 UK time!

Areola played today and it will be interesting to see if he's back in ?

Indeed. Question is if it's worth gambling that he does, if not having a playing goalkeeper on the bench…
    West Ham were embarrassing again today ... both Areola and Fabianski have now given up 5 goals in games recently. Top half of the PL and the final 16 of the Europa, but you never know what you're going to get with West Ham.

If you need a keeper and have no other moves to make I'd get Newcastle's Dubravka.

BTW, most neutrals don't realize that West Ham now have the second highest average attendance in the PL. And now with major investment from Europe they should arguably be among the elite teams ...

Some great players especially Paquetta and Kudus, the later of whom I'd transfer into my FPL squad if not for the upcoming African Cup of Nations next month.

Based on the one good game, one bad game narrative, they should probably do well on the weekend ...

Martínez is also a good shout, but Dubravka will be a popular Areola replacement for many managers.

The African Cup of Nations can be interesting from an FPL point of view. With several players being away, the question is which players managers will jump to replace these players with.
    Yeah, Martinez, I maybe should have made that move but went for Konsa in for Livramento as a panicky last minute decision. Already regret it; but so many doubts in my team. And yet I feel I should have rolled over to next GW in case I need to get Haaland back without a hit.
    Did not check my team again before deadline, I know Salah was not my captain lol
    Here are the gameweek 18 captaincy picks!
    Watkins: 8
    Salah: 3
    Son: 3
    Haaland: 2
    Palmer: 1

There is no fixture for City this gameweek, and managers are looking at other options for the captaincy this gameweek. Eight managers have put the armband on Watkins, while three managers are hoping for Salah to deliver against Arsenal. One manager is hoping Palmer will continue his form from last gameweek in the fixture against Wolves, while the two managers who have captained Haaland will have to hope for vice captaincy points. Good lick everyone!
    Yeah, Martinez, I maybe should have made that move but went for Konsa in for Livramento as a panicky last minute decision. Already regret it; but so many doubts in my team. And yet I feel I should have rolled over to next GW in case I need to get Haaland back without a hit.

Kept Areola in the end (mostly because he's so cheap anyway), and transferred out Flekken for Dubravka. It only makes my team more template-y, but it frees up a little bit of funds, and I'll block any potential clean sheet points from my rivals in the money league I'm also part of. In the long run I might look at bringing in Martínez or another goalkeeper for Areola.
    Did not check my team again before deadline, I know Salah was not my captain lol

Arsenal's record against Liverpool isn't good, so I expect Salah to get something from this weekend's game.
    Hopefully Watkins will get a haul against Sheffield United. I want Arsenal to beat Liverpool and win the league rather than Liverpool and City.
    Henderson in goal for Crystal Palace and only 4.4 in FPL plus decent upcoming fixtures. Brighton looking good right now against CP with lots of position. Pedro 11 goals in all comps. Olise looks quite good, I wonder if he'll get into the French team. Olise & Eze plus a solid defense should make CP a top half team ...
    Hopefully Watkins will get a haul against Sheffield United. I want Arsenal to beat Liverpool and win the league rather than Liverpool and City.

You and me both! :D
    Henderson in goal for Crystal Palace and only 4.4 in FPL plus decent upcoming fixtures. Brighton looking good right now against CP with lots of position. Pedro 11 goals in all comps. Olise looks quite good, I wonder if he'll get into the French team. Olise & Eze plus a solid defense should make CP a top half team ...

Olise and Eze are both on my watchlist. Mitoma might end up in my team at some point, and that Brighton striker spot is interesting, since non of the Brighton strikers are expensive.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735
    Admire the team but Brighton are a no-go for me in FPL. Just wouldn't have confidence in consistency of player starts. CP were quite good later on in the first half with an Ayew goal/Olise assist after a keeper mistake. The problem with the incredibly talented duo of Olise/Eze is that one or the other always seems to be injured. They rarely have played together, I think. Eze on the bench, apparently precautionary ....
    Admire the team but Brighton are a no-go for me in FPL. Just wouldn't have confidence in consistency of player starts. CP were quite good later on in the first half with an Ayew goal/Olise assist after a keeper mistake. The problem with the incredibly talented duo of Olise/Eze is that one or the other always seems to be injured. They rarely have played together, I think. Eze on the bench, apparently precautionary ....

Yeah, that's the issue. If we could be sure that the most interesting Brighton players would get a run of games however…

I would like to see Olise and Eze play a number of games on the pitch together before transferring in one of them, that's for sure. It could possibly break up the template a bit too, should both become available.
    Another problem with Brighton viz. FPL is that they literally never keep clean sheets. Also looking good for a run in the Europa. Mitoma does get consistent PL starts but is just not putting up the numbers to make for me a worthwhile pick in FPL ...
    Eze coming on ... there really are few players as exciting as him on the ball.
    End to end action ... Henderson looking shaky.
    Danny Welbeck header from Pascal Gross, 1 - 1.

Mitoma looks injured ...

Brighton may not keep clean sheets but rarely are they shut out either ... Arsenal notwithstanding.