The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FPL 23/24: PRICE REVEAL

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Be tough to have both players.
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

Haven't had a close look at these yet, but Bruno at 8.5 could be a great option. Not sure at Ødegaard at the same price though…

Haaland at 14.0 will make picking the team difficult, but can't see myself going without him, even at that price tag. Add Salah at 12.5, and you only have 26.5m of the total budget spent on only two players – 34.5 if you also want Alexander-Arnold.

Early thoughts looking at these price drops is that I might go with a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2. It will be very difficult picking two premium strikers and a 4.5 option – even Haaland and a mid priced option might be difficult enough.

4.5 - 4.0
    Trent (8.0) - Trippier (6.5) - 4.5 - 4.5 - 4.0
    Salah (12.5) - Son (9.0) - Bruno (8.5) - Eze/Mitoma (6.5) - 4.5
    Haaland (14.0) - 4.5 - 4.5

Only using price points and a selection of player prices leaves me with this draft: This forces you to play some budget players every week though, so one of those named spots have to go if more balance is needed. Trent could become Robertson at 6.5 – leaving much more funds to spare, Eze/Mitoma could become Mac Allister (6.0), and Bruno and or Son could be replaced for other midfielders. Only Haaland and Salah ar locked in for time being.

I had a look at the site yesterday it allowed me to reset password etc, I can not imagine it will be long until the game is up and running. United preseason starts very soon so subscribing to MUTV again, I like to watch the preseason games to see where we are at. Bruno will likely be first or second name in my team at that price.

I imagine it will be released within a couple of weeks or so. If I remember correctly, the game was released mid July last year.

Preseason games are usually a good indicator where teams are at before the season starts. How many minutes the players get is also important – especially the closer we get to the start of the season.

With the addition of Mount I am curios to see if Ten Hag goes to a flat 3 in midfield.

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

Haven't had a close look at these yet, but Bruno at 8.5 could be a great option. Not sure at Ødegaard at the same price though…

Haaland at 14.0 will make picking the team difficult, but can't see myself going without him, even at that price tag. Add Salah at 12.5, and you only have 26.5m of the total budget spent on only two players – 34.5 if you also want Alexander-Arnold.

Early thoughts looking at these price drops is that I might go with a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2. It will be very difficult picking two premium strikers and a 4.5 option – even Haaland and a mid priced option might be difficult enough.

4.5 - 4.0

Only using price points and a selection of player prices leaves me with this draft: This forces you to play some budget players every week though, so one of those named spots have to go if more balance is needed. Trent could become Robertson at 6.5 – leaving much more funds to spare, Eze/Mitoma could become Mac Allister (6.0), and Bruno and or Son could be replaced for other midfielders. Only Haaland and Salah ar locked in for time being.

I had a look at the site yesterday it allowed me to reset password etc, I can not imagine it will be long until the game is up and running. United preseason starts very soon so subscribing to MUTV again, I like to watch the preseason games to see where we are at. Bruno will likely be first or second name in my team at that price.

I imagine it will be released within a couple of weeks or so. If I remember correctly, the game was released mid July last year.

Preseason games are usually a good indicator where teams are at before the season starts. How many minutes the players get is also important – especially the closer we get to the start of the season.

With the addition of Mount I am curios to see if Ten Hag goes to a flat 3 in midfield.

I haven't really looked much at how ten Hag set up his teams. Did he use a flat 3 in midfield at Ajax?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,387

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

4.5 - 4.0

I haven't really looked much at how ten Hag set up his teams. Did he use a flat 3 in midfield at Ajax?

Ten hag is quite adaptable, I say a 3 as not convince Mount can play as a 2 with Bruno in front as a number 10. i still believe against better sides we need a destroyer in midfield to play along Casemiro.

Mount is a snip price wise, I think he has been given the number 7 shirt?

===

Daniel Farke appointed new Leeds United manager
    FPL is Live!!!

Most of the player prices are there not including players currently transferring. I will do my first draft on Friday when off work.
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 17,294

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

4.5 - 4.0

Ten hag is quite adaptable, I say a 3 as not convince Mount can play as a 2 with Bruno in front as a number 10. i still believe against better sides we need a destroyer in midfield to play along Casemiro.

Mount is a snip price wise, I think he has been given the number 7 shirt?

===

Daniel Farke appointed new Leeds United manager

Good point re. Mount – and the need for another midfielder alongside Casemiro.

Looks like he gets the number 7:
    «The versatile midfielder officially signed for the club today (5 July) and we can now confirm that Mount will wear United's iconic no.7.»

===

Hahaha! I think Farke is a smart appointment by Leeds, looking at what he did at Norwich.
    FPL is Live!!!

Most of the player prices are there not including players currently transferring. I will do my first draft on Friday when off work.

Beat me to it! Had to wait a bit for the verify email address mail to reach my inbox, but I'm setting up my team now.
    Fantasy Premier League is now live, and so is our Back of the net! league!

9BltH0q.png

If you've been part of the league before, you will join the league automatically when you register your team. If by any chance you have not, or you are new to the league, click here – or use the code: v4qcp3
    I just did a quick auto select to have a team to save, I already have an idea of my first draft, it will probably looks similar to my GW38 team from last season lol.
    I just did a quick auto select to have a team to save, I already have an idea of my first draft, it will probably looks similar to my GW38 team from last season lol.

Although there are some key decisions to be made, I have a fairly good idea where I want to go with my team too. A few key players will decide both formation and how I spread the funds throughout the team.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited July 2023 Posts: 2,354

Although there are some key decisions to be made, I have a fairly good idea where I want to go with my team too. A few key players will decide both formation and how I spread the funds throughout the team.

The pre season games sometimes seem to help pick a team for the first gw.

PSG slap €200m price tag on Kylian Mbappe
    Real Madrid ready to offer PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe five-year deal and €50m salary
    Indeed, especially for finding the (hopefully starting) budget friendly players you need to complete your team. Fingers crossed we get some decent 4.0m and/or 4.5m options!

No surprises here. I think the biggest shock re. Mbappe will be if he doesn't end up at Real Madrid!

Haaland will likely be 90% ownership lol going to do my first draft now TAA, Haaland and Bruno are cert's.

It's interesting seeing some Draft teams online, many have just al the top points corers from last season I have done that before and regretted it.

Haaland will likely be 90% ownership lol going to do my first draft now TAA, Haaland and Bruno are cert's.

It's interesting seeing some Draft teams online, many have just al the top points corers from last season I have done that before and regretted it.

A lot will change throughout preseason, I think – and the template might look very different by gameweek 1. Haaland and Trent are in my current draft, but Bruno is not; I got Rashford in place of him right now.

I'm quite happy with the team structure though. Players might change, but I think the team looks balanced and easy to change, should it be needed. The major omission though, is Salah. I don't know if going without is smart, but there's so much you can do with the funds.

A lot will change throughout preseason, I think – and the template might look very different by gameweek 1. Haaland and Trent are in my current draft, but Bruno is not; I got Rashford in place of him right now.

I'm quite happy with the team structure though. Players might change, but I think the team looks balanced and easy to change, should it be needed. The major omission though, is Salah. I don't know if going without is smart, but there's so much you can do with the funds.

Salah was in was first draft until I realized I did not have a second keeper and I was out of cash so had to get rid. Salah will likely come back in, I still have not really looked at the first 4 or 5 fixtures that will change a few players for sure.
    Man United vs Leeds in a few hours I can't wait. Mount is due to start which is good for the eye test.

---

Greenwood back in training, its unclear what will happen with him moving forward.
    Steven Gerrard signs Jordan Henderson for Saudi League?

:))
    Strong line up for United with Martinez returning after a long injury, we really missed him at the end of the season.

The game is being played in Norway.

Salah was in was first draft until I realized I did not have a second keeper and I was out of cash so had to get rid. Salah will likely come back in, I still have not really looked at the first 4 or 5 fixtures that will change a few players for sure.

Haven't looked to closely at the fixture list myself either, but I see people on Twitter posting good rotation players, so there's definitely worth taking into consideration when picking the team – especially the cheaper players.
    Strong line up for United with Martinez returning after a long injury, we really missed him at the end of the season.

Didn't watch the game yesterday. How did United look?

Haven't looked to closely at the fixture list myself either, but I see people on Twitter posting good rotation players, so there's definitely worth taking into consideration when picking the team – especially the cheaper players.

First half finished 0 - 0, it was a strong Man United side vs Leeds youth team, a typical preseason starter. Second half both tams fielded a fresh 11, it was Man United Youth team vs Leeds strongest side, Man United kids won 2 - 0 quite easily some impressive performances from our youth players.

On leave a week today so will wait till then to really look at my FPL team, I am considering no Salah though agree it could be a risk.

First half finished 0 - 0, it was a strong Man United side vs Leeds youth team, a typical preseason starter. Second half both tams fielded a fresh 11, it was Man United Youth team vs Leeds strongest side, Man United kids won 2 - 0 quite easily some impressive performances from our youth players.

On leave a week today so will wait till then to really look at my FPL team, I am considering no Salah though agree it could be a risk.

Interesting. It's maybe not the type of match that will provide much information from an FPL perspective, though.

Arsenal played 1-1 against FC Nürnberg yesterday, with Saka scoring for Arsenal. Like the United game, it looks to have been a game with heavy rotation.

I'm in the middle of my vacation now, so I hope to get some time to go through some FPL content. Haven't made many changes from my first draft, which is quite template looking.
    Timber and now Rice to arsenal they are recruiting well.

I can't believe how many more players are going to Saudi, its only early days though this exodus is a major concern for the game i think. At which point does Saudi start offering stupid money for the likes of Saka, Rashford and Haaland.
    It's a really promising transfer window from Arsenal so far. There are more positions to cover obviously, so I hope they get more deals over the line.

Unless there's some rules restricting them, I bet we'll see a lot more of these transfers. You can understand players wanting a good pay, but many of these players are still at a point in their careers where they could still achieve – and earn – a lot in Europe. Partey is rumoured to the Saudi league too, which could heavily impact the rest of the transfer window for Arsenal.
    It's a really promising transfer window from Arsenal so far. There are more positions to cover obviously, so I hope they get more deals over the line.

Unless there's some rules restricting them, I bet we'll see a lot more of these transfers. You can understand players wanting a good pay, but many of these players are still at a point in their careers where they could still achieve – and earn – a lot in Europe. Partey is rumoured to the Saudi league too, which could heavily impact the rest of the transfer window for Arsenal.

Its a typical Man United window deals are drawn out and take forever. Year after year we don't have new signings involved during preseason, its irritating.

Its a typical Man United window deals are drawn out and take forever. Year after year we don't have new signings involved during preseason, its irritating.

Arsenal have been there too, though they are getting better at managing transfer windows than before. You can understand that the complexity of transfers requires time and a lot of back and forth between the clubs, but it's obviously beneficial to get deals done early.

Arsenal have been there too, though they are getting better at managing transfer windows than before. You can understand that the complexity of transfers requires time and a lot of back and forth between the clubs, but it's obviously beneficial to get deals done early.

With MU its not clear how much money we have to spend with the so called take over that is not happening. It appears from distance that we are relying on selling players first then we can buy which is never good.

With MU its not clear how much money we have to spend with the so called take over that is not happening. It appears from distance that we are relying on selling players first then we can buy which is never good.

That makes things considerably more difficult, for sure. The timing and the lengthy process of the takeover couldn't have been worse with the transfer window well underway, so it will be very interesting to see how the club manages this transfer window.

That makes things considerably more difficult, for sure. The timing and the lengthy process of the takeover couldn't have been worse with the transfer window well underway, so it will be very interesting to see how the club manages this transfer window.

Some good news is Maquire is no longer club captain and he is being linked with Newcastle, hopefully we can sell him to some unsuspecting team that does not realize how bad he is.
    Another good display by the kids in the second half vs Lyon, Donny Van der Beek scores a good volley on his return from injury to win the game.

Jonny Evans has signed for a few games for United, it was great seeing him in a United shirt again after all these years.

We desperately need to get a couple of strikers in or we will be really struggling for goals when the season starts, we can't just really on Rashford when he returns. In the first half the stronger United side played with a false 9 again and despite some good build up play not having a focal point was again an issue.

Next up Arsenal in New Jersey on Saturday night @10pm UK time.

Some good news is Maquire is no longer club captain and he is being linked with Newcastle, hopefully we can sell him to some unsuspecting team that does not realize how bad he is.

Interesting. I wonder though, if he will walk straight into that Newcastle team, or if he becomes a rotation player? Newcastle – like United – will aim high next season, and given his performances, I don't see him as a particularly great defender at all…
    Another good display by the kids in the second half vs Lyon, Donny Van der Beek scores a good volley on his return from injury to win the game.

Jonny Evans has signed for a few games for United, it was great seeing him in a United shirt again after all these years.

We desperately need to get a couple of strikers in or we will be really struggling for goals when the season starts, we can't just really on Rashford when he returns. In the first half the stronger United side played with a false 9 again and despite some good build up play not having a focal point was again an issue.

A bit surprising to see Evans at United. Is there any chance they might sign him? Especially if United move on a few defenders this transfer window.

Rashford will be key to United's season. Like you mention though, United need to strengthen their squad, because an important player like Rashford needs to have his game time managed properly.

Haven't seen a minute of Arsenal yet this preseason, and I haven't found out yet where I will be able to watch the game against United. Arsenal play an MLS All-Stars team 1:30 AM (UK time); too late for me to watch a game at that time of night, haha!

Interesting. I wonder though, if he will walk straight into that Newcastle team, or if he becomes a rotation player? Newcastle – like United – will aim high next season, and given his performances, I don't see him as a particularly great defender at all…

A bit surprising to see Evans at United. Is there any chance they might sign him? Especially if United move on a few defenders this transfer window.

Rashford will be key to United's season. Like you mention though, United need to strengthen their squad, because an important player like Rashford needs to have his game time managed properly.

Haven't seen a minute of Arsenal yet this preseason, and I haven't found out yet where I will be able to watch the game against United. Arsenal play an MLS All-Stars team 1:30 AM (UK time); too late for me to watch a game at that time of night, haha!

Not sure whether Maguire will be going to the States, it will be a big indication as to whether he is staying. Looking at it logically I think it's a numbers game, if Maguire leaving mean we lack cover he will have to stay.

Evans was just training at Carrington for fitness and apparently Ten Hag thought it woukd be a good idea for him to play for a few preseason games so signed him for two games... If Evans impresses he may stay longer, maybe Ten Hag sees Evans as back up if Maguire goes?
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Jordan Henderson: Liverpool reach £12m agreement from Steven Gerrard's Al Ettifaq for club captain

Al Ettifaq have proposed more than tripling Jordan Henderson's £200,000-a-week salary with a two-year contract, including a third-year option; Henderson has two years left on his current Liverpool deal

Amazing salary for a average player thanks to Stevie G.