The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Terrible game week on the cards for me, though at least United won to go into 5th place. 3 - 3 draw with Aubameyang and Hazard scoring will do me

4-3 you mean? :-D

Don't know what to make of this gameweek. Really happy with Salah, Rashford, Pogba and Jiménez delivering, but feels worried having no City, double Liverpool defence and double Everton. Might be a hit coming up for next gameweek…

To be honest I have hit a wall with my team, just made some changes. Then I will leave my team alone for two weeks, I wanted to bring in Sane though City's fixtures are not great plus Mendy is returning soon. I'll reassess my team in two weeks. I just hope Hazard can bail me out for not picking Salah as Captain.

If in doubt, just saving a transfer can be worth it. Then you have two transfers to sort out the issues. Struggling with my team as well. Will have to wait until tomorrows fixtures are done to make a decision.

Gunners looking decent, I have conceded defeat in FPL no way I can make ground up so just going to try random stuff in remaining games and hopefully be a bit more clued up for next season. This GW will be my worst, everything has gone wrong since I Wildcarded, I have made errors trying to fix errors :))

That sounds like me last season! I always made errors when switching out players - either keeping them too long, or not long enough. I'd target the blank/double gameweeks when we have more information about these fixtures, and plan transfers accordingly. Always the possibility to climb the rankings if doing well in that period!

I have taken way too many hits also that have not helped, I have some of my players I need for the blank and double weeks, fingers crossed I can get a big haul.

As a side note Chelsea look in trouble going forward

Good point scores during blank/double gameweeks can turn thing around though. Points are close in this game. If you use this tool – typing in your FPL ID in the top right field, you can see how many points separate your team with 1 mill, 500k, 200k, 100k etc.

https://gargatron.com/

From a non-FPL reason Chelsea not winning games would be great for us Arsenal fans, but I guess they'll get a striker in this transfer window anyway. How a new striker would affect the FPL points of Chelsea players will be interesting to see. Quite surprised Giroud didn't get more playtime against his former club. The red shirt suited him much better!

Sari has had a go at his team though I think Sari is setting his team up wrong in a number of positions.

Cheers I'll check the link
    Terrible game week on the cards for me, though at least United won to go into 5th place. 3 - 3 draw with Aubameyang and Hazard scoring will do me

4-3 you mean? :-D

Don't know what to make of this gameweek. Really happy with Salah, Rashford, Pogba and Jiménez delivering, but feels worried having no City, double Liverpool defence and double Everton. Might be a hit coming up for next gameweek…

To be honest I have hit a wall with my team, just made some changes. Then I will leave my team alone for two weeks, I wanted to bring in Sane though City's fixtures are not great plus Mendy is returning soon. I'll reassess my team in two weeks. I just hope Hazard can bail me out for not picking Salah as Captain.

If in doubt, just saving a transfer can be worth it. Then you have two transfers to sort out the issues. Struggling with my team as well. Will have to wait until tomorrows fixtures are done to make a decision.

Gunners looking decent, I have conceded defeat in FPL no way I can make ground up so just going to try random stuff in remaining games and hopefully be a bit more clued up for next season. This GW will be my worst, everything has gone wrong since I Wildcarded, I have made errors trying to fix errors :))

That sounds like me last season! I always made errors when switching out players - either keeping them too long, or not long enough. I'd target the blank/double gameweeks when we have more information about these fixtures, and plan transfers accordingly. Always the possibility to climb the rankings if doing well in that period!

I have taken way too many hits also that have not helped, I have some of my players I need for the blank and double weeks, fingers crossed I can get a big haul.

As a side note Chelsea look in trouble going forward

Good point scores during blank/double gameweeks can turn thing around though. Points are close in this game. If you use this tool – typing in your FPL ID in the top right field, you can see how many points separate your team with 1 mill, 500k, 200k, 100k etc.

https://gargatron.com/

From a non-FPL reason Chelsea not winning games would be great for us Arsenal fans, but I guess they'll get a striker in this transfer window anyway. How a new striker would affect the FPL points of Chelsea players will be interesting to see. Quite surprised Giroud didn't get more playtime against his former club. The red shirt suited him much better!

Sari has had a go at his team though I think Sari is setting his team up wrong in a number of positions.

Cheers I'll check the link

He might be setting them up wrong (in certain matches at least). Hazard (in form), Pedro and Willan can do really well against anyone though. They probably miss another player there though – most of all a striker.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Danilo opens the score for City.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    2-0 (Sterling + Sane assist).
    3-0 (Sane + Aguero assist).
    Keeping Hazard really is punishing my score every week, having transferred Sané out instead to afford Salah…
    Llorente opens the score for Fulham thanks to an own goal.
    Llorente opens the score for Fulham thanks to an own goal.

For non-FPL reasons:

giphy.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,388
    Come on Fulham, a win will blow the race for top four wide open.

Hazard is an FPL troll

This!
    Hazard is an FPL troll

Also this! Will have to think about a replacement going forward.

Hazard is an FPL troll

An expensive one at that.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,294

Hazard is an FPL troll

An expensive one at that.

That's very true. Easy to downgrade to a cheaper option though.
    Hazard will be swapped for Sane by me after the next two games, very unlikely that I'll bring him back in. Though if Higuaín comes in in the mean time and Hazard miraculously improves I'll reconsider.

To be fair to Hazard playing as a false nine long term is not getting the best out of him.
    Hazard will be swapped for Sane by me after the next two games, very unlikely that I'll bring him back in. Though if Higuaín comes in in the mean time and Hazard miraculously improves I'll reconsider.

To be fair to Hazard playing as a false nine long term is not getting the best out of him.

I'm looking at the possibility of Sané or Sterling. Playing without City coverage is very difficult!

Yeah, he's not playing in his regular position, and that affects him. Higuaín might be the key to solve things for Chelsea.
    Well that didn't end as I hoped it would!

As things stand I only have Hazard from City and Chelsea, I think I'll be swapping Hazard for... Leading into GW27

As things stand I only have Hazard from City and Chelsea, I think I'll be swapping Hazard for... Leading into GW27

What will be interesting now, is when those two fixtures are rescheduled. That will mean a double gameweek for both teams, and you'd ideally want to have a few players in those fixtures.
    Matchday 27
    Date Time Match
    23/02/2019 15:00 A.F.C. Bournemouth v Wolverhampton
    23/02/2019 15:00 Arsenal v Southampton
    23/02/2019 15:00 Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
    23/02/2019 15:00 Cardiff City v Watford
    23/02/2019 15:00 Chelsea v Brighton
    23/02/2019 15:00 Everton v Manchester City
    23/02/2019 15:00 Leicester City v Crystal Palace
    23/02/2019 15:00 Manchester United v Liverpool
    23/02/2019 15:00 Newcastle United v Huddersfield Town
    23/02/2019 15:00 West Ham United v Fulham

Games highlighted not playing GW27

What will be interesting now, is when those two fixtures are rescheduled. That will mean a double gameweek for both teams, and you'd ideally want to have a few players in those fixtures.

GW27 Man United v Liverpool concerns me I currently have five players from that fixture.

Agree I'll probably bring Hazard back in assuming he clicks with Higuaín, as I have no chips I'll ensure I'll have two free transfers. I'll stick with my current team for two weeks... Assuming I can resist tinkering

GW27 Man United v Liverpool concerns me I currently have five players from that fixture.

Agree I'll probably bring Hazard back in assuming he clicks with Higuaín, as I have no chips I'll ensure I'll have two free transfers. I'll stick with my current team for two weeks... Assuming I can resist tinkering

It will be interesting to see how Hazard performs with Higuaín. I'm tempted to take him out, but will have to wait for more information re. double gameweeks first. If the rescheduled fixtures are taking place before gameweek 27, I'll probably just have to keep. No easy way to get City players though, so that's an issue.

The gameweek 27 fixture between United and Liverpool worries me as well. Not many gameweeks lefts, so now is probably the time to plan ahead.

These two fixture are decent I expect wins there for the 2 Cup finalists, if there rearranged games fall on weeks with other favourable fixtures there could be a major haul to be had. Because of CL Cities fixture could be much later so time to adjust team, plus for the run in I'll be looking to have at least one city player in by then.

These two fixture are decent I expect wins there for the 2 Cup finalists, if there rearranged games fall on weeks with other favourable fixtures there could be a major haul to be had. Because of CL Cities fixture could be much later so time to adjust team, plus for the run in I'll be looking to have at least one city player in by then.

Yeah, there's no guarantee that both fixtures are rescheduled for the same gameweek. Speaking for my own team, having the rescheduled matches in separate gameweeks would be easier – making it possible to focus on one team at the time. Chelsea one gameweek, and City another (Hazard becoming Sterling for example).

We'll know the dates eventually. Planning ahead will be key though, as there's many points to be gained in double gameweeks – and making the right transfers or chip usage for blank gameweeks.
    There's possible doubles/blanks in gameweek 30-something too, I think. Might be worth having that in mind as well.

Yeah, there's no guarantee that both fixtures are rescheduled for the same gameweek. Speaking for my own team, having the rescheduled matches in separate gameweeks would be easier – making it possible to focus on one team at the time. Chelsea one gameweek, and City another (Hazard becoming Sterling for example).

We'll know the dates eventually. Planning ahead will be key though, as there's many points to be gained in double gameweeks – and making the right transfers or chip usage for blank gameweeks.

Of course there is the problem of Pep rotating in a double GW, at least with Chelsea there is a high chance Hazard will play both games. The City double GW will be tricky, Sane is also a bit of a doubt now with Mendy returning. If Aguero picks up another knock (I think he is playing with a longer term issue) Jesus maybe the most likely to start both games.

Of course there is the problem of Pep rotating in a double GW, at least with Chelsea there is a high chance Hazard will play both games. The City double GW will be tricky, Sane is also a bit of a doubt now with Mendy returning. If Aguero picks up another knock (I think he is playing with a longer term issue) Jesus maybe the most likely to start both games.

Yes, the City rotation will be massive, one would imagine. No way of knowing the playing time for the players that people are looking to bring in (or own). I guess the only certainty will be Ederson, and perhaps some of the defenders. Other than that, it's just a gamble really. Press conferences, news etc. will be important to keep an eye on!

Chelsea will no doubt be more predictable, with Hazard most likely playing all fixtures.

A good breakdown of Blank and Double GW, I wish I had done more research prior to the season starting.

A good breakdown of Blank and Double GW, I wish I had done more research prior to the season starting.

Yes, this explains thing pretty well. We never know how the double/blank gameweeks will be before the season, so the only thing you can do to prepare early on, is to be somewhat "conservative" re. chip use – preferably saving the majority of them for this period. There's no guarantee the chips work out though. I remember using a couple chips last season, and it hardly broke the average score for the gameweeks I used them in. A bit unlucky with my decisions there.

Yes, this explains thing pretty well. We never know how the double/blank gameweeks will be before the season, so the only thing you can do to prepare early on, is to be somewhat "conservative" re. chip use – preferably saving the majority of them for this period. There's no guarantee the chips work out though. I remember using a couple chips last season, and it hardly broke the average score for the gameweeks I used them in. A bit unlucky with my decisions there.

Even knowing which teams are playing in Blanks or Doubles anyone can still bring the wrong personnel in.

Just got the beers in, big game tonight I have a feeling your lot will win the game you have been very good at home and as well as we have been playing our defence is still dodgy, hopefully Bailly will start and Jones is no where near the team sheet.