The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Almost forgot there were games on tonight, better check my team before work.
    The day of decision has arrived... Do I sell Hazard or Aubameyang? Both cost over 10 milll and earn way too few points.

Difficult one! I'm looking to keep Aybameyang for the run of fixtures after City – with Hazard likely to be replaced by a City mid before their double gameweek.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,694
    The day of decision has arrived... Do I sell Hazard or Aubameyang? Both cost over 10 milll and earn way too few points.

Difficult one! I'm looking to keep Aybameyang for the run of fixtures after City – with Hazard likely to be replaced by a City mid before their double gameweek.

Just caved in: Hazard --> Son (versus Watford) and Pereyra --> Sigurdsson (vs Huddersfield).
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,352
    Here's the gameweek 24 captaincy picks! Several favorable fixtures this gameweek, but Salah is the standout captaincy option for our mini league. Good luck everyone!
    Salah: 8
    Aubameyang: 1
    Pogba: 1
    Hazard: 1

Just caved in: Hazard --> Son (versus Watford) and Pereyra --> Sigurdsson (vs Huddersfield).

Good fixtures for both Son and Pereyra, so that might work out fine. Son is a bit of a differential now, with many having sold him before the Asian games.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap ...son scored for Everton, sadly his name starts with Richarli and not Sigurds! :-))
    @Torgeirtrap ...son scored for Everton, sadly his name starts with Richarli and not Sigurds! :-))

Didn't see that one coming! Only kept Richarlison because of the double gameweek :))
    Digne red!
    Burnley up 1-0 vs United.
    Newcastle has equalized 1-1 vs Man City.
    Fullham up 4-2 vs Brighton.
    Arsenal up 2-0 vs Cardiff (Laca & Auba both scored).
    Wolves up 2-0 vs West Ham (Jimenez scored one).

Edit: Wolves 3-0 now (Jimenez scored again!)

Edit 2: Burnley 2-0 United
    Arsenal 2-1 Cardiff
    Newcastle 2-1 Man City

Edit 3: Pogba finally opens the score for United (1-2).

Edit 4: Lindelof equalizes 2-2!
    Damn. Needed United to lose that one for non-FPL reasons!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rubbish though thankfull for United come back, tonight will perhaps urge United to spend before the Window closes.

FPL another stinker for me
    Many players left, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? Liverpool and Chelsea assets the most highly owned players of tomorrow's fixtures, so there's good chances of picking up points with players in those matches.
    Many players left, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? Liverpool and Chelsea assets the most highly owned players of tomorrow's fixtures, so there's good chances of picking up points with players in those matches.

I sold Richarlison and Jimenez :)) typical
    City result surprised me, unsure what City assets to bring in for the Double GW.

Ouch! It made sense exploring other options when taking Richarlison's form into consideration, so that might work out fine long-term. I'm keeping Richarlison for the double, but he might be replaced afterwards. Jiménez delivers points consistently, so he's a keeper.
    City result surprised me, unsure what City assets to bring in for the Double GW.

Nobody expected that result, that's for sure! Really unsure who to bring in for the double. That Digne red card might force a move for a defender though.

Ouch! It made sense exploring other options when taking Richarlison's form into consideration, so that might work out fine long-term. I'm keeping Richarlison for the double, but he might be replaced afterwards. Jiménez delivers points consistently, so he's a keeper.

Nobody expected that result, that's for sure! Really unsure who to bring in for the double. That Digne red card might force a move for a defender though.

I plan to bring Jiminez back in though temporary sold him to bring in Rashford, though dissapointed he was put on the left to accomodate Lukaku who just does not suit United at the moment.
    I took 20 point hits over last three or four GWs to try to fix my team and its backfired big time.

I plan to bring Jiminez back in though temporary sold him to bring in Rashford, though dissapointed he was put on the left to accomodate Lukaku who just does not suit United at the moment.

Will it be a worry if Rashford keeps getting played on the left? Not many FPL striker options in that price range at the moment.
    I took 20 point hits over last three or four GWs to try to fix my team and its backfired big time.

That's unlucky. I've seen teams/managers with an "aggressive" transfer approach where it's worked out fine, but it all comes down to timing. You have the opportunity to catch up on an in-form player quickly, but you're at the same time depending on the player keeping that form long enough to make that hit worth it. Another factor is the player(s) you transfer out of course.

Can't remember how many transfers I had done at this time last season, but I'm pretty sure I've taken significantly fewer transfers this season. It hasn't worked out perfectly, as I've probably held on to some players far too long (Alonso and Richarlison for example), and at the same time brought in in-form players too late (Felipe Anderson).
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,562

Will it be a worry if Rashford keeps getting played on the left? Not many FPL striker options in that price range at the moment.

That's unlucky. I've seen teams/managers with an "aggressive" transfer approach where it's worked out fine, but it all comes down to timing. You have the opportunity to catch up on an in-form player quickly, but you're at the same time depending on the player keeping that form long enough to make that hit worth it. Another factor is the player(s) you transfer out of course.

Can't remember how many transfers I had done at this time last season, but I'm pretty sure I've taken significantly fewer transfers this season. It hasn't worked out perfectly, as I've probably held on to some players far too long (Alonso and Richarlison for example), and at the same time brought in in-form players too late (Felipe Anderson).

I have reacted too quick to perceived bad game weeks, it all went wrong when I realised there was a second wildcard, I would be in a far better position if I never used the wildcard. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.

The amount of times I have shifted perceived dead wood and the next week they delivered is crazy, bad luck I guess.

I have reacted too quick to perceived bad game weeks, it all went wrong when I realised there was a second wildcard, I would be in a far better position if I never used the wildcard. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.

The amount of times I have shifted perceived dead wood and the next week they delivered is crazy, bad luck I guess.

The wildcards can be a great way to make major changes, but can also backfire if playing them at the wrong time. I think I'd be better off playing the first one a couple gameweeks later for example. Will try to hold on to the second one as long as possible.

It's typical, isn't it. You can think of many good reasons to transfer out a player, but you never know when he returns to form. Guess the best thing is to make decisions based on form and/or fixtures, and hope for the best!
    Noticed Alonso not starting
    Noticed Alonso not starting

He hasn't played that well recently, from what I've read. He's played a lot too.
    I have tried to take risks to gain ground and the opposite happened. Salah as a captain shoe in at moment does not help, I messed up trying to be clever last GW
    I have tried to take risks to gain ground and the opposite happened. Salah as a captain shoe in at moment does not help, I messed up trying to be clever last GW

I think you sometimes need to take risks to make up ground, but in general taking few chances and going for the more obvious captaincy picks is best long term.
    Cathcart opens the score for Watford, 1-0 versus Spurs.
    Cathcart opens the score for Watford, 1-0 versus Spurs.

Keep it up, Watford! :-D
    Bournemouth up 1-0 vs Chelsea.
    Double Liverpool defence backfiring. Might need to look at that eventually.
    Bournemouth 2-0 Chelsea.

Edit: I messed up my Captain choice... :-))

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-01-30-a-22-14-41.png
    Bournemouth 3-0 Chelsea. :O

Edit: Bournemouth 4-0 Chelsea.
    Son equalizes 1-1 for Spurs, my transfer Hazard --> Son worked @Torgeirtrap !
    Bournemouth 3-0 Chelsea. :O

Edit: Bournemouth 4-0 Chelsea.
    Son equalizes 1-1 for Spurs, my transfer Hazard --> Son worked @Torgeirtrap !

It certainly did, @DaltonCraig007! Might have to transfer out Hazard too before next GW.