The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Crikey just finished work, United's draw does not look too bad... What happened to Chelsea
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Terrible GW for me
    Crikey just finished work, United's draw does not look too bad... What happened to Chelsea

Joshua King happened!

Joshua King happened!

Expensive assets are not reliable, though even trying to guess which mid range players will perform is random, stats and eye test sometimes don't help at all... I give up :))

Joshua King happened!

Expensive assets are not reliable, though even trying to guess which mid range players will perform is random, stats and eye test sometimes don't help at all... I give up :))

It's bloody difficult, that's for sure! I'm looking at three different options for next gameweek, but can't decide. Will probably choose the wrong one!

Joshua King happened!

It's bloody difficult, that's for sure! I'm looking at three different options for next gameweek, but can't decide. Will probably choose the wrong one!

Yeah just looking at my team now, form is an issue with some big players, City at home v Arsenal is not as clear cut as it would seem.

I have had enough of Hazard and Chelsea I have kept him too long, I just don't think Chelsea as a team are functioning which is great though for FPL is a waste of money.

Bye bye Hazard, I won't sign you again :))
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,372

Joshua King happened!

Yeah just looking at my team now, form is an issue with some big players, City at home v Arsenal is not as clear cut as it would seem.

I have had enough of Hazard and Chelsea I have kept him too long, I just don't think Chelsea as a team are functioning which is great though for FPL is a waste of money.

Looking at the City-Arsenal game, I'm fearing the worst. City with a need to bounce back after the Newcastle defeat, against an Arsenal side that can hardly field a full defence due to the number of injuries. I expect City to beat Arsenal comfortably by four or five goals - much like Arsenal away against Liverpool.

I fear taking out Hazard before Huddersfield, but going without a City mid over two games pretty much feels like a red arrow confirmed. Could obviously take out Aubameyang for a one week punt for Agüero, but I don't like switching premium strikers for a short term point chase.

Then there's Digne… Could switch him for a City defender, but will need to ship out that defender before the blank – the same with the City mid. That's two transfers waiting to happen. Something to think about before the deadline.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,679

Joshua King happened!

Looking at the City-Arsenal game, I'm fearing the worst. City with a need to bounce back after the Newcastle defeat, against an Arsenal side that can hardly field a full defence due to the number of injuries. I expect City to beat Arsenal comfortably by four or five goals - much like Arsenal away against Liverpool.

I fear taking out Hazard before Huddersfield, but going without a City mid over two games pretty much feels like a red arrow confirmed. Could obviously take out Aubameyang for a one week punt for Agüero, but I don't like switching premium strikers for a short term point chase.

Then there's Digne… Could switch him for a City defender, but will need to ship out that defender before the blank – the same with the City mid. That's two transfers waiting to happen. Something to think about before the deadline.

I am not sure Everton assets are worth getting unless you already have them, I was thinking the same swapping Aubameyang for one week. I want to get two City players in May gamble on three as I am losing ground fast and need a mega points haul
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,372

Joshua King happened!

I am not sure Everton assets are worth getting unless you already have them, I was thinking the same swapping Aubameyang for one week. I want to get two City players in mate gamble on three as I am losing ground fast and need a mega points haul

Definitely not swapping Digne for a different Everton defender, that's for sure! Think Richarlison will be enough Everton cover for this double gameweek. A City player will be the priority – possibly two, though I'm not sure about that considering the rotation.

With two free transfers, getting only one City asset will leave me with two transfers again the following gameweek. Might be a good thing, but at the same time City might haul big time…

Joshua King happened!

I am not sure Everton assets are worth getting unless you already have them, I was thinking the same swapping Aubameyang for one week. I want to get two City players in mate gamble on three as I am losing ground fast and need a mega points haul

Definitely not swapping Digne for a different Everton defender, that's for sure! Think Richarlison will be enough Everton cover for this double gameweek. A City player will be the priority – possibly two, though I'm not sure about that considering the rotation.

With two free transfers, getting only one City asset will leave me with two transfers again the following gameweek. Might be a good thing, but at the same time City might haul big time…

I have had a terrible January, that month as well as August and September just killed me in the rankings I have kind of given up, my team is a mess though learnt a good lesson for next season
    Took a twelve point hit I have nothing to lose
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well that was rubbish!
    One of my lowest scores ever. Time for a reshuffle and hope February is better.
    Benny wrote: »
    Well that was rubbish!

It's was a shocker for me, my worst score also.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Poor choice of captain, it seems:

4-C467-CC5-AD95-400-C-82-A6-D5-C430563-E0-B.png
    This was my FPL team this week...

Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351acc03d2c7_large.png?v=1480481059
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Which team are you in the MI6 league @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ? It can’t be that bad!
    Which team are you in the MI6 league @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ? It can’t be that bad!

TEAM EXTREME being serious there are not many points between the majority of players in our league, it's a game I am just having fun and being daft when I appear over dramatic ;)
    If I can make a suggestion @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , you should replace Rashford with Jimenez. And keep your amount of transfers low! ;)
    If I can make a suggestion @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , you should replace Rashford with Jimenez. And keep your amount of transfers low! ;)

Got both of them in now ;)
    Took a twelve point hit I have nothing to lose

Wow, that's a lot!
    Benny wrote: »
    Well that was rubbish!

There's always the possibility to do well going forward! A double gameweek coming up, and potentially again later.
    Poor choice of captain, it seems:

4-C467-CC5-AD95-400-C-82-A6-D5-C430563-E0-B.png

I'm certainly regretting not taking the chance on captaining Aubameyang too!

One to consider going forward? Price certainly not bad!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,696
    Made 2 transfers (-4 points) : Brooks --> Jota (vs. Everton) and Pogba --> Sané (vs Arsenal & Everton).

So for this Game Week:

Ederson
    Holebas, Bednarek, Doherty
    Sané (C), Salah, Son, Sigurdsson, Jota
    Aubameyang, Jimenez
    Made 2 transfers (-4 points) : Brooks --> Jota (vs. Everton) and Pogba --> Sané (vs Arsenal & Everton).

So for this Game Week:

Ederson
    Holebas, Bednarek, Doherty
    Sané (C), Salah, Son, Sigurdsson, Jota
    Aubameyang, Jimenez

That seems like sensible moves, @DaltonCraig007! There's been some uncertainty around Pogba, so we might see his minutes reduced if he plays. Sané will hopefully play a lot over the two fixtures he has.

I've made two transfers myself: Digne and Hazard out for Laporte and Sané. I fear Hazard will get a big haul this week, but going without a City mid was not an option. With two free transfers, I had the opportunity to transfer out Digne with the second transfer. That leaves me with this team:

Alisson
    Robertson - Laporte - Doherty
    Sané (C) - Salah - Richarlison - Pogba
    Aubameyang - Jiménez - Rashford
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,372
    Here's the gameweek 25 captaincy picks! Sané is the most popular captain going into his double gameweek, with Agüero also represented among the City assets. Salah with a decent fixture makes the second most captained player in our league, while Mané and Aubameyang are decent differential picks. Good luck everyone!
    Sané: 5
    Salah: 3
    Aubameyang: 1
    Agüero: 1
    Mané: 1
    Son opens the score for Spurs! Points coming my way.
    Son opens the score for Spurs! Points coming my way.

Kinda regret not jumping to get Son straight away after the Asian Cup. Could do a straight swap for Pogba though.
    @Torgeirtrap Slight correction: It's Moutinho I bought, not Jota. I just realized since Jimenez just scored from a Moutinho assist!

Edit: My Soton defender, Bednarek, has given the assist to Redmond's goal! 1-0 for Soton.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,372
    @Torgeirtrap Slight correction: It's Moutinho I bought, not Jota. I just realized since Jimenez just scored from a Moutinho assist!

Edit: My Soton defender, Bednarek, has given the assist to Redmond's goal! 1-0 for Soton.

You must have a very good gameweek score by now?

That goal is very unlucky for Burnley, which should have had a penalty in the first half.
    27 points for now, @Torgeirtrap. I should get more if Soton and Watford get clean sheets.
    Hazard scores soon as I get rid, FPL trolled by him again
    Hazard gets a second :/