The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tough game mate
    They way things are going now, Arsenal are lucky to field a starting eleven…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

You have a good manager I hope you get top four with United

Depends on Chelsea and Sp*rs. Son on his way back now that South Korea are out…

Give Ole the Job now from a United fan perspective
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,354

I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in charge, to be honest. He's been average at best in Eliteserien. United can afford the very best in the game too.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in charge, to be honest. He's been average at best in Eliteserien. United can afford the very best in the game too.

Been watching some of AFTV your team really is decimated. vital you get some players in even if on loan.

Been watching some of AFTV your team really is decimated. vital you get some players in even if on loan.

Yes, there's plenty of injuries now, and that's a big worry. Never been a fan of AFTV but sometimes there's people on there with some good points and opinions.

Yes, there's plenty of injuries now, and that's a big worry. Never been a fan of AFTV but sometimes there's people on there with some good points and opinions.

The host seemed fair and level headed, DT on the other hand... I watched the AFTV vs The United stand five a side game alot of animosity there.

The host seemed fair and level headed, DT on the other hand... I watched the AFTV vs The United stand five a side game alot of animosity there.

Yeah, the guy hosting it seems alright; the DT guy on the other hand, comes across as a rather silly. If I remember correctly, he was one of the more vocal "Wenger out" people, yet posted tweets praising Wenger once it was announced he was leaving.

Edit: and that didn't go unnoticed by other Arsenal related media accounts/people :))
    31310853_2037919809862380_6034848956947628032_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTc3NjA3ODIyNDQ5ODM1NTEwMw%3D%3D.2

Yeah, the guy hosting it seems alright; the DT guy on the other hand, comes across as a rather silly. If I remember correctly, he was one of the more vocal "Wenger out" people, yet posted tweets praising Wenger once it was announced he was leaving.

The Emery needs time, he has barely had time to build his own team and similar to United dead wood needs shifting. You have to give Emery at least 18 more months to get the side he wants

Looking from the outside Wenger got stale though did very well in continuing to fulfill the clubs businesses plan up until his final season
    Emery definitely needs time – and transfer windows. They also have issues with the backroom staff now that Mislintat is leaving; although I think they're looking to sign Rome's Head of Recruitment in the summer.

Wenger's last period was affected by the way things were run (and still is run). It's impressive he won FA cup titles with that squad.

Both Arsenal and United have squad issues that needs to be solved gong forward. Interestingly, it's the defences that probably have to be prioritized first for both teams. I just hope they're not looking to sign the same players!
    Emery definitely needs time – and transfer windows. They also have issues with the backroom staff now that Mislintat is leaving; although I think they're looking to sign Rome's Head of Recruitment in the summer.

Wenger's last period was affected by the way things were run (and still is run). It's impressive he won FA cup titles with that squad.

Both Arsenal and United have squad issues that needs to be solved gong forward. Interestingly, it's the defences that probably have to be prioritized first for both teams. I just hope they're not looking to sign the same players!

We still have players from Fergies era that need to go, I can think of half dozen United players i would get rid of tomorrow. We are lucky to have the attacking players we have and Martial and Rashford are still young and both potentially will be World Class.

Ozil seems to be on his way out? The new contract he got seems odd in retrospect
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,565

A City double game week is a nightmare to plan for

We still have players from Fergies era that need to go, I can think of half dozen United players i would get rid of tomorrow. We are lucky to have the attacking players we have and Martial and Rashford are still young and both potentially will be World Class.

Ozil seems to be on his way out? The new contract he got seems odd in retrospect

That's another thing United and Arsenal have in common. One would expect Emery and whoever get the job at United to be active in the upcoming transfer windows.

Özil doesn't look to be in Emery's plans, by looking at how much he's played recently. There are some players in the squad that takes up a lot of the wage bill, so it will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Not the double gameweek I was hoping for! Think I'll try to make two transfers in preparation for the two City matches. Don't know yet, but I might save the transfer this gameweek, and make a decision on who to get leading up to gameweek 25.

That's another thing United and Arsenal have in common. One would expect Emery and whoever get the job at United to be active in the upcoming transfer windows.

Özil doesn't look to be in Emery's plans, by looking at how much he's played recently. There are some players in the squad that takes up a lot of the wage bill, so it will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Not the double gameweek I was hoping for! Think I'll try to make two transfers in preparation for the two City matches. Don't know yet, but I might save the transfer this gameweek, and make a decision on who to get leading up to gameweek 25.

I think I'll likely bring two City players for GW25 and shift both by GW27, I have no Everton players though I don't see much value in them to take hits for.

Mendy is injured again

I think I'll likely bring two City players for GW25 and shift both by GW27, I have no Everton players though I don't see much value in them to take hits for.

Mendy is injured again

I have Richarlison and Digne. Don't know whether to play them or not. Will probably have to play Richarlison.

Mendy injured (again) might be good for Sané's playing time, although I can't see him playing two full 90 min matches.

Mendy is injured again

I have Richarlison and Digne. Don't know whether to play them or not. Will probably have to play Richarlison.

Mendy injured (again) might be good for Sané's playing time, although I can't see him playing two full 90 min matches.

That's what I was thinking ill definitely bring in Sane, not sure whether to bring in Aguero or Jesus as I think both will get game time even if off the bench, the eye test tells me Jesus is considerably sharper. Or I could bring in a defender I could see city having two clean sheets. It really is pot look with City

I got rid of Richarlison last week, I gave up on him

Mendy is injured again

That's what I was thinking ill definitely bring in Sane, not sure whether to bring in Aguero of Jesus as I think both will get game time even if off the bench, the eye rest tells me Jesus is considerably sharper. Or I could bring in a defender I could see city having two clean sheets. It really is pot look with City

Yeah, one of Sané or Sterling should be a good pick – possibly de Bruyne. You never know with Agüero and Jesus, so a defender might be the way to go too. In any case, you'll expect Pep to rotate!

Mendy is injured again

That's what I was thinking ill definitely bring in Sane, not sure whether to bring in Aguero of Jesus as I think both will get game time even if off the bench, the eye rest tells me Jesus is considerably sharper. Or I could bring in a defender I could see city having two clean sheets. It really is pot look with City

Yeah, one of Sané or Sterling should be a good pick – possibly de Bruyne. You never know with Agüero and Jesus, so a defender might be the way to go too. In any case, you'll expect Pep to rotate!

I'll have to take a hit though Aubameyang I can sell to raise the necessary money and also he will probably get nothing away to City that week.

Mendy is injured again

I'll have to take a hit though Aubameyang I can sell to raise the necessary money and also he will probably get nothing away to City that week.

Not expecting points from Aubameyang myself in that fixture, but I think I'll keep him for the run of fixtures after City. My way in to that City mid is probably Hazard.

Mendy is injured again

Not expecting points from Aubameyang myself in that fixture, but I think I'll keep him for the run of fixtures after City. My way in to that City mid is probably Hazard.

Hazard has Huddersfield at home that week so reluctant to sell as the chance of points are there I think, and with Higuaín Hazard could deliver

Mendy is injured again

Hazard has Huddersfield at home that week so reluctant to sell as the chance of points are there I think, and with Higuaín Hazard could deliver

It will definitely be interesting to see how Hazard performs with Higuaín. I find it strange they haven't used Giroud more though. He's really good at link up play, and a physical presence inside the box.

Mendy is injured again

It will definitely be interesting to see how Hazard performs with Higuaín. I find it strange they haven't used Giroud more though. He's really good at link up play, and a physical presence inside the box.

I agree and Giroud showed it in the F. A. Cup when he came on, when he was at Arsenal I was often concerned by his aerial threat, he hardly gets a game at Chelsea.

Mendy is injured again

I agree and Giroud showed it in the F. A. Cup when he came on, when he was at Arsenal I was often concerned by his aerial threat, he hardly gets a game at Chelsea.

It's indeed a bit strange how little he plays. There will no doubt be clubs looking to sign him next transfer window, and I think clubs from Germany and France were looking at signing him before he ended up at Stamford Bridge.

Mendy is injured again

It's indeed a bit strange how little he plays. There will no doubt be clubs looking to sign him next transfer window, and I think clubs from Germany and France were looking at signing him before he ended up at Stamford Bridge.

Conte seemed to like him though its unclear what Sarri is trying to achieve though its his first season.

Mendy is injured again

Conte seemed to like him though its unclear what Sarri is trying to achieve though its his first season.

That's true. I don't know what "Sarri ball" is all about really, but it's still early, as with Emery at Arsenal.

Mendy is injured again

That's true. I don't know what "Sarri ball" is all about really, but it's still early, as with Emery at Arsenal.

"Sarri ball" appears to be possession based toothless football, they dont tend to score many goals

Mendy is injured again

"Sarri ball" appears to be possession based toothless football, they dont tend to score many goals

Not good from an FPL point of view that!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The day of decision has arrived... Do I sell Hazard or Aubameyang? Both cost over 10 milll and earn way too few points.