The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Smith Rowe on the bench great
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This game could be a goal fest the way its started
    Kicking myself for getting Rowe over Martinelli. Cake walk for the Gunners. Leeds are shocking defensively.
    Arsenal 3 up not even half time. Arsenal fans should be happy I rather have points than games in hand even more so in a season like this.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,288
    Kicking myself for getting Rowe over Martinelli. Cake walk for the Gunners. Leeds are shocking defensively.

Smith Rowe benching didn't stop him from coming on and scoring!

This is the first time in a long time I've actually enjoyed watching Arsenal. a solid performance, led by the youngsters and Lacazette. Won't expect many games like this though; Leeds are in a terrible form, and other teams won't be as bad as this.

Really happy for Martinelli. He's such a talent, and have been denied showing his best because of injuries.
    I missed the last 20 minutes, Smith Rowe came on and scored phew! I will take those precious points.
    My triple City defence certainly paid off, expecting some good bonus points there.

Chelsea doing a good job of making third place a possibility for the chasing pack.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,360
    Fantastic play by Spurs Kane scores from a great move to take the lead vs Liverpool, a great game on the cards here. Kane showing his class there.

Oh dear should have been 2 for Spurs... and Spurs in a again... Liverpool missing Van Dyke.
    Watching this game illustrates we need football to continue when possible, its the escapism we need right now.
    Spurs in again Alli should have scored.
    Jota goal 1 - 1 Robertson assist.
    Klopp yellow carded then bowed to the ref lol
    My triple City defence certainly paid off, expecting some good bonus points there.

Chelsea doing a good job of making third place a possibility for the chasing pack.

So happy I had Cancelo, James and Alonso all playing this gameweek. Could be the difference between a good and a bad gameweek.

Eventful game between Sp*rs and Liverpool?

So happy I had Cancelo, James and Alonso all playing this gameweek. Could be the difference between a good and a bad gameweek.

Its been good though spurs really should be leading though Kane lucky not to be of sent off for a studs up tackle. Liverpool will end up winning this though I think.

Its been good though spurs really should be leading though Kane lucky not to be of sent off for a studs up tackle. Liverpool will end up winning this though I think.

Interesting. I guess that incident will be discussed after the game. I certainly hope Liverpool will win this!
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 735
    I'd considered Martinelli as a forward for my FPL team before the start of the GW, but was a little surprised to see that he'd been designated a midfielder and so rejected him. But at 5.3m he might, afterall, be the best 5th MF option in the price range, and much cheaper than Gallagher, for example - and in the absence of Aubameyang a likely starter now.

The FPL problem with Man City attackers is that it's impossible to fit eight players [De Bruyne; Grealish; Sterling; Bernardo; Gundogan; Mahrez; Foden; & Jesus--and it would be nine if Torres were not injured] into five attacking positions--hence the infamous "Pep Roulette." And those eight all seem to be rotating about equally so it's impossible to make anything but an educated guess from week to week as to who might start. Among the eight I think Bernardo & De Bruyne may be closest to a lock going forward.

PS Not yet watched Spurs/Liverpool
    Robertson goal seconds after Spurs penalty claim, Salah definitely hand balled during build up to Liverpool goal. TAA assist if it stands.
    Goal stands...
    Feyador wrote: »
    I'd considered Martinelli as a forward for my FPL team before the start of the GW, but was a little surprised to see that he'd been designated a midfielder and so rejected him. But at 5.3m he might, afterall, be the best 5th MF option in the price range, and much cheaper than Gallagher, for example - and in the absence of Aubameyang a likely starter now.

The FPL problem with Man City attackers is that it's impossible to fit eight players [De Bruyne; Grealish; Sterling; Bernardo; Gundogan; Mahrez; Foden; & Jesus--and it would be nine if Torres were not injured] into five attacking positions--hence the infamous "Pep Roulette." And those eight all seem to be rotating about equally so it's impossible to make anything but an educated guess from week to week as to who might start. Among the eight I think Bernardo & De Bruyne may be closest to a lock going forward.

This season at least been less Pep roulette with defenders so stuck with Dias, Cancello and now Ederson.
    2 - 2 Son end to end stuff here. Aliison fluffs his lines.
    Robertson should have gone for a wild tackle. Gone to VAR...

RED!

6 minutes extra time will spurs break through or will Salah come up with some magic and give us some captain points...
    Full Time 2 - 2 Cracking game lets hope it's not the last we will see for a few weeks.

Advantage City, I said some time ago I think City would win the league this season certainly in the current climate there squad is just too good.

I considered Martinelli too, but like you @Feyador, I didn't know Martinelli was listed as a mid until checking before the deadline. If he had been listed as a striker, I would likely have replaced Hwang with him. Since he was listed as a midfielder, I couldn't justify bringing him in.

The City rotation will cause headaches, no matter what. The upside of owning at least one of them though, is high. Currently own both Foden and Bernardo myself, and I am tempted to replace one of them with Mount or another mid.
    Full Time 2 - 2 Cracking game lets hope it's not the last we will see for a few weeks.

Advantage City, I said some time ago I think City would win the league this season certainly in the current climate there squad is just too good.

Looks like this was a game filled with controversy. From what I've read online, Kane was very lucky to escape a red. Makes you wonder if the decision would have been different if he wasn't the England captain…

The results this weekend is indeed a big advantage for City. Liverpool and Chelsea can't slip up like this many more times before City can be quite confident in their chances of winning the title.
    I thought it a certain pen for Jota and that it was lucky for Kane not to be red carded. Klopp in the post-game, just barely keeping his cool: 'Mr. Marriner [the VAR official] ... what's his problem? What's his problem?'

Going forward, Spurs assets, with all their games in hand, are looking attractive ...

David Ornstein is reporting that clubs will discuss tomorrow postponing a round of games and that GW 20 (28/29/30) is the most likely ...

I thought it a certain pen for Jota and that it was lucky for Kane not to be red carded. Klopp in the post-game, just barely keeping his cool: 'Mr. Marriner [the VAR official] ... what's his problem? What's his problem?'

Going forward, Spurs assets, with all their games in hand, are looking attractive ...

David Ornstein is reporting that clubs will discuss tomorrow postponing a round of games and that GW 20 (28/29/30) is the most likely ...

Seeing that challenge from Kane just now, I can understand Klopp's frustration. Haven't seen the pen incident yet though. Makes you wonder with VAR tech available, why the decisions are still so inconsistent…

Son might emerge as a good replacement for a City mid :-?

Saw that tweet from Ornstein. Won't be surprised if gameweek 20 is postponed now.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 735

Seeing that challenge from Kane just now, I can understand Klopp's frustration. Haven't seen the pen incident yet though. Makes you wonder with VAR tech available, why the decisions are still so inconsistent…

Saw that tweet from Ornstein. Won't be surprised if gameweek 20 is postponed now.

No planned league postponement, I read today ...
    Gameweek 18 was bound to be a difficult gameweek for many managers, because of all the teams that didn't have a game. For managers not playing a full starting eleven, it was very important to pick the right captain. We can safely say that Incredible XI nailed the captaincy, managing 36 points from the Cancelo captaincy alone. Only Salah blanked in the seven man team, which ended up bringing in 71 points. Congratulations! =D>

Ckim8ks.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Incredible XI
    League table standings

1. FC Nostromo: GW 56 - TOT 1224
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 60 - TOT 1172
    3. CSAC: GW 58 - TOT 1084
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW 38 - TOT 1056
    5. Kicked in Dias: GW 62 - TOT 1048
    6. Incredible XI: GW 71 - TOT 1044
    7. Team Extreme: GW 61 - TOT 1023
    8. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 33 - TOT 1021
    9. Cremonese-Killen: GW 40 - TOT 1014
    10. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 45 - TOT 1009
    11. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 53 - TOT 994
    12. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 57 - TOT 993
    13. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 53 - TOT 982
    14. The Vardy Boyz: GW 37 - TOT 961
    15. Anfield FC: GW 67 - TOT 961
    16. أبو كاتم : GW 25 – TOT 995
    17. Charlton Pathetic: GW 65 - TOT 952
    18. Bad gang XI: GW 69 - TOT 937
    19. �: GW 29 - TOT 920
    20. Liverpool Richmond: GW 44 - TOT 918
    21. on the throne: GW 45 - TOT 867
    22. Benny's Blues: GW 55 - TOT 841
    23. Red Warriors: GW 32 - TOT 816
    24. GoldyThe Ref: GW 39 - TOT 814
    25. Lucky Ducks: GW 29 - TOT 808
    26. The Best: GW 33 - TOT 754
    27. CFC: GW 30 - TOT 699
    28. United Team: GW 37 - TOT 618

Time will tell what gameweek 19 will look like. At the time of writing, it is set for a Sunday 26 Dec 11:00 deadline.

No planned league postponement, I read today ...

Interesting. Imagine things could still change, but the FA will probably do all they can to keep the league going on as usual, in whatever capacity they can…
    Good news the Clubs want to carry on playing, though that could change fast and the government could further increase restrictions.