NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance (DEFINITE SPOILERS)

1108109111113114171

Comments

  • Posts: 1,098
    The box-office tail always wags in the UK, it should climb up to $150 mil at least.

    Umm.....not quite sure about that........but i do expect NTTD to outgross SP in the UK.

    Anyway first of all, this weekend Bond has got to fight off Venom 2 and that Michael Myers chap (the one with the knife...:)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 35,467
    mepal1 wrote: »
    The box-office tail always wags in the UK, it should climb up to $150 mil at least.

    Umm.....not quite sure about that........but i do expect NTTD to outgross SP in the UK.

    Anyway first of all, this weekend Bond has got to fight off Venom 2 and that Michael Myers chap (the one with the knife...:)

    I see Halloween Kills having a lesser box office in general, considering the film is also available for streaming via Peacock today, as well.
  • Posts: 1,098
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mepal1 wrote: »
    The box-office tail always wags in the UK, it should climb up to $150 mil at least.

    Umm.....not quite sure about that........but i do expect NTTD to outgross SP in the UK.

    Anyway first of all, this weekend Bond has got to fight off Venom 2 and that Michael Myers chap (the one with the knife...:)

    I see Halloween Kills having a lesser box office in general, considering the film is also available for streaming via Peacock today, as well.

    Going by the preview figures in the US, i'd imagine Halloween Kills with have a decent opening in North America.

  • edited October 2021 Posts: 1,098
    NTTD gross for Thursday in North America is $3,608,414..........film now on $75,210,554. The film is now expected to be somewhere around $437 mil Worldwide after this weekend.
  • Posts: 206
    Looks like it's doing fine. The reports of underperformance were premature which is what I figured.
  • BenjaminBenjamin usa
    Posts: 59
    I'm thinking that NTTD might have legs as word of mouth gets out.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython Alpha Quadrant
    Posts: 5,521
    It still has a pretty solid user rating on RT and IMDb so far too.
  • Bond is doing fine despite the sceptics. Bond is a cut above the average Hollywood franchise like MI and FF
  • 9IW9IW
    Posts: 59
    mepal1 wrote: »
    NTTD gross for Thursday in North America is $3,608,414..........film now on $75,210,554. The film is now expected to be somewhere around $437 mil Worldwide after this weekend.

    Looks like it is tracking right along with what we were discussing earlier in the week. Should pick up $25 million and be right around the $100 million mark this weekend.

    I think Halloween Kills is going to open strong even with the simultaneous streaming. Hopefully, Venom takes most of the hit and Bond is not as affected by the slasher audience. Though Halloween does trend a little older as does Bond. We shall see. Sticking to the solid weekend for Bond prediction.
  • 9IW9IW
    Posts: 59
    Bond is doing fine despite the sceptics. Bond is a cut above the average Hollywood franchise like MI and FF

    I think you are right on F9 and Bond is going to outperform it domestically on the 2nd weekend. F9 took a big drop even with the holiday weekend. If Bond has a similar drop it would be a huge disappointment of around $18 million. I don't see that happening. On the other hand, F9's China numbers will crush Bond's. I think they both end up about the same worldwide and bet that Bond very slightly outperforms F9 when the run is over.

    MI is more leggy than F9, but we don't have any pandemic numbers to consider. I expect it to have a pretty good run through the holidays and probably slightly outperform Bond, again fueled by a much bigger China take.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Posts: 616
    Judging from the seat map my screening tonight is going to be a full house. Only some scattered seats available. Very encouraging - at least as far as my local theatre is concerned.
  • Posts: 1,098
    Ryan wrote: »
    Judging from the seat map my screening tonight is going to be a full house. Only some scattered seats available. Very encouraging - at least as far as my local theatre is concerned.

    Ryan...........that's good news, enjoy the film. Just one thing as Canada is lumped in with the US for the North American gross............are just Canadian box office figures available to the general public?

  • Posts: 287
    Come what may, I'm a proud Bond fan. NTTD is holding it's own in the most volatile market in cinema history. Of course, we all wanted to see Bond kick-butt at the American box office. Considering the circumstance, it's doing as well as can be expected. NTTD also secured what Marvel couldn't, a Chinese release. Universal did an amazing job in marketing this film overseas. Amazon would be smart in allowing this relationship to continue.

    On a side note, I think the upcoming video game and casting a younger actor (28-32) as Bond will go a long way in bridging the gap with younger audiences.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Posts: 616
    mepal1 wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Judging from the seat map my screening tonight is going to be a full house. Only some scattered seats available. Very encouraging - at least as far as my local theatre is concerned.

    Ryan...........that's good news, enjoy the film. Just one thing as Canada is lumped in with the US for the North American gross............are just Canadian box office figures available to the general public?

    I'm not certain if Canadian specific figures are available. I've only ever seen them presented as the lumped in number, but perhaps one of our more seasoned members knows for sure. I'd be curious to see. Not that my local theatre represents all of Canada or anything, but I've yet to be in a showing that wasn't full or near full. It's nice to see!
  • Posts: 1,098
    Latest news from 'Deadline' is that this weekend is going to be a good one for all films.
    NTTD is expected to gross $7-7.5mil Friday, and a possible $26-27mil weekend.
  • Posts: 2,268
    My IMAX screening just now was about as packed as can be, and this is (I believe) the largest IMAX auditorium in Canada capacity-wise. The seat to my immediate left was empty as were the corners/very front, but overall a great showing this evening. Long line piling into the theater as I left too, crossing my fingers those people were going in for the late screening.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Posts: 616
    Good buzz coming from my showing tonight. Overheard several positive comments which is always nice. "Wow, that was a good one" was the standout as well as a couple guys debating whether or not Bond actually died and how they couldn't wait for the next one. Put a smile on my face.

    Plus, I got a free Heineken 007 glass!

    I digress. Here's hoping for a strong weekend!
  • Ryan wrote: »
    mepal1 wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Judging from the seat map my screening tonight is going to be a full house. Only some scattered seats available. Very encouraging - at least as far as my local theatre is concerned.

    Ryan...........that's good news, enjoy the film. Just one thing as Canada is lumped in with the US for the North American gross............are just Canadian box office figures available to the general public?

    I'm not certain if Canadian specific figures are available. I've only ever seen them presented as the lumped in number, but perhaps one of our more seasoned members knows for sure. I'd be curious to see. Not that my local theatre represents all of Canada or anything, but I've yet to be in a showing that wasn't full or near full. It's nice to see!

    I'm also curious about the Canadian box office and how much more the earn per capita than in the US. I remember in the 2000s Tribute.ca used to post Canadian figures, but no such data available now.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Posts: 719
    Second viewing in Germany yesterday evening in IMAX and it was completely sold out again. Seeing the film for the second time made it even better. Connery will remain King for me but very slightly behind comes Craig‘s now completed arc of the character. The film still causes a lot of chatting after the showing as I could observe - which is good. I am sure good word-of-mouth will allow it to have a long run here. The „must see it even you may dislike it“ is what I hear a lot since the film definitely polarizes - but people still recommend to go and see it. Which I do to my friends as well. Such a wonderful film and made to be seen on a large screen.
  • Had a delicious Chinese takeaway last night. I hope that's a good omen for the Chinese box office.😊
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 20,245
    Had a delicious Chinese takeaway last night. I hope that's a good omen for the Chinese box office.😊

    The signs are in the Chop Choy, mate. Just keep looking for them. ;-)
  • Posts: 3,314
    Had a delicious Chinese takeaway last night. I hope that's a good omen for the Chinese box office.😊
    It's amazing what you might find and read in a fortune cookie. <:-P
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,221
    This is an outstanding assessment.

  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython Alpha Quadrant
    Posts: 5,521
    Without even clicking that two hour video, I know he’s full of it. It’s basically his shtick to whine about how things aren’t as good as they were from his childhood.
  • Posts: 2,600
    Had a delicious Chinese takeaway last night. I hope that's a good omen for the Chinese box office.😊

    Even though I'm not a fan of this one, only a fool will think NTTD will not do well at the BO. I expect it to make the big bucks in China too.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,221
    Without even clicking that two hour video, I know he’s full of it. It’s basically his shtick to whine about how things aren’t as good as they were from his childhood.

    Without listening you can call it whining but every word and opinion is spot on.

  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython Alpha Quadrant
    Posts: 5,521
    Maybe for you.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,221
    Maybe for you.

    I actually listened.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython Alpha Quadrant
    Posts: 5,521
    I’m sure it’s as nuanced as Doomcock.
Sign In or Register to comment.