MI6: 20th Anniversary

2»

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I remember Saint George (i think was his name?) he was mod I think? I liked the dude, I think he has a website.

I haven't seen him on this forum in a long time but I hope he returns once we get some new Bond info

edit: I just remembered there were roles on KTBEU I think that you get with certain ammounts of posts or likes....were there likes available?

Also I just checked and I joined this version of the forum in March 2011....WOW!!! I guess that's when KTBEU became MI6...but..WOW...that's 7 years ago!!! Holy crap time flies... I never would've guessed it's been that much...

I’m not sure, I know that was the case on CBn though. Don’t know if that one still exists, but I think it was kind of dying out in the early 2010’s.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I've been here since 2008, the old KTBEU were the real heydays. I miss that place still and have never felt that this place has quite replaced it (it may be nostalgia talking though).

But this place is never the less the number one place to discuss Bond and get informed about all things Bond. I spend an unhealthy amount of time on here and I wouldn't change it for anything.

This place is a wonderful place and I wish and hope it will live on for forever (and a day).
    congratulations with this anniversary.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    20 years huh. That's my age. Here's to the next 20.
  • SimonSimon Keeping The British End Up...
    edited April 2018 Posts: 57
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    That and then there was this bloke @Simon whom I was rather afraid of...

What? Why? I was (am ?) a tosser, for sure, but to be feared?

While we're talking about MI6 history, I fear I may be a bit of a data hoarder... I still have a bookmark backed up not just for KTBEU, but also for http://pub40.ezboard.com/bmi695840

Ah, the good old days... I was still a teenager. An argumentative, spam-happy teenager.

Nice article on the main site, too. I remember the Brosnan splash screen from the days I pilfered other sites images/info for my own hobby site on Freeserve ISP web space.

Along with the rebranding of the magazine, MI6 shifted to its current '.com' address in March 2011 and left behind the old '.co.uk' domain."

Hhmm, quite...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Simon wrote: »

Mortal fear, sir. Mortal fear.
    No idea when I joined the old site. Just looking for bond news and artwork when I came across it
  • SimonSimon Keeping The British End Up...
    edited April 2018 Posts: 57
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Simon wrote: »

Mortal fear, sir. Mortal fear.

Oderint dum metuant.

The motto of all keyboard warriors... well, that and "avoid social interaction" and "No, you get a life", but being a geeky teenager in the mid-2000's was an entirely different time :)