Wagner and Walken : Did one or both murder Natalie Wood ? Or an accident ?

2»

Comments

Besides Christopher Walken and Lana Wood, this case has one more Bond connection. Wagner was once (many years earlier) a client of Albert R. Broccoli's, when the latter was a talent agent. Wagner was interviewed for a biography of Broccoli that's on one of the DVD sets.

He was considered as Bond or just commentating ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hardly a Bond connection. Just a broccoli connection.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Besides Christopher Walken and Lana Wood, this case has one more Bond connection. Wagner was once (many years earlier) a client of Albert R. Broccoli's, when the latter was a talent agent. Wagner was interviewed for a biography of Broccoli that's on one of the DVD sets.

Wagner was interviewed (for the documentary) about Broccoli before the latter became a producer. Broccoli was Wagner's agent. Broccoli worked for Charles K. Feldman. Louis B. Meyer of MGM was mad at Feldman and had Wagner and Broccoli barred from the lot.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Wagner was interviewed (for the documentary) about Broccoli before the latter became a producer. Broccoli was Wagner's agent. Broccoli worked for Charles K. Feldman. Louis B. Meyer of MGM was mad at Feldman and had Wagner and Broccoli barred from the lot.

I didnt know he was his agent...learn something every day ,thanks for the heads up .
    Did anyone see the documentary,in the US last Saturday ?

Anything new turn up ?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's really pointless for the authorities to rehash this incident now imho. The time to nail it down was back when it happened. Unless there is a confession or new admissions by any of the three on the boat, all it's going to do is reopen old wounds for everyone concerned, including family members.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's really pointless for the authorities to rehash this incident now imho. The time to nail it down was back when it happened. Unless there is a confession or new admissions by any of the three on the boat, all it's going to do is reopen old wounds for everyone concerned, including family members.

It does seem that Wagner and Walken got off very lightly at the time and even since.
    Now the captain has made a new statement I suppose the police have no choice but to re-open the case and re-investigate with modern methods.

It does seem that Wagner and Walken got off very lightly at the time and even since.
    Now the captain has made a new statement I suppose the police have no choice but to re-open the case and re-investigate with modern methods.
    Yes, that's true. They can't really avoid it I suppose. I just can't see them getting to anything concrete this far down the road without a confession, and if they were as inebriated as we think their memories would have been quite clouded anyway.

Yes, that's true. They can't really avoid it I suppose. I just can't see them getting to anything concrete this far down the road without a confession, and if they were as inebriated as we think their memories would have been quite clouded anyway.

I think if you killed someone,even in a drunken heated moment,you would remember it.The fact she was scared of water throws a spanner in the work,immediately.

I wonder if the police still has the dinghy,might still be a forensics job,even now.

I think if you killed someone,even in a drunken heated moment,you would remember it.The fact she was scared of water throws a spanner in the work,immediately.

I wonder if the police still has the dinghy,might still be a forensics job,even now.
    Honestly, I don't think it was murder though. More likely intoxicated manslaughter. The premeditated intent is what will be difficult to prove.

Honestly, I don't think it was murder though. More likely intoxicated manslaughter. The premeditated intent is what will be difficult to prove.

They had a volatile marriage at the best of times so I agree,manslaughter,is a more realistic option.

But even that should be investigated now,at least for peace of mind for her family.
  • barryt007 wrote: »

Anything new turn up ?

I watched it online on Sunday. The main thing, at least to me, is that detectives have been spending the last seven years or so trying to find out more. There are some inconsistencies with Wagner's story but he is refusing to talk to investigators. It also seemed Lana Wood was immediately wary of her sister remarrying Wagner.

Anything new turn up ?

I watched it online on Sunday. The main thing, at least to me, is that detectives have been spending the last seven years or so trying to find out more. There are some inconsistencies with Wagner's story but he is refusing to talk to investigators. It also seemed Lana Wood was immediately wary of her sister remarrying Wagner.

He may be forced to talk to them whether he wants to or not.
    Yes I heard that Lana Wood was concerned when they re-married.

It will be interesting to see if/when this develops further.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 1,639
    "waiting for someone to be definately dead"

Some think Chow dragged out the time (did Chow fear that hed leave Hong Kong for good , would Chow lose face etc ?) so that Bruce Lee would be DOA at QE hospital, also Baptist hospital was closer
    to Betty flat.

I guess drunk murder is plausible re : Wood
    This being opened again?- Is somebody up for election?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia

Robert Wagner is also currently married to Jill St. John. Don't think we will ever see a Plenty O'Toole and Tiffany Case reunion at any future convention.
  • SaintMark wrote: »
    This being opened again?- Is somebody up for election?

It was reopened in 2011. An investigation has been underway since then. It's gotten more publicity of late when Wagner was classified as a person of interest.
    Basically a waste of money and manpower.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Robert Wagner is also currently married to Jill St. John. Don't think we will ever see a Plenty O'Toole and Tiffany Case reunion at any future convention.

True! Curiouser and curiouser.
    Supposedly Walken and Wood had an affair during Brainstorm.....
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Tracy wrote: »
    Supposedly Walken and Wood had an affair during Brainstorm.....

Wouldn't surprise me, still it seems like just a terrible drunken accident... God I miss her... she was a gift that was lost too soon...
    I really loved her in West Side Story even though she was dubbed when singing. I always find it funny that Natalie Wood looked so innocent in it while her sister Lana... well she never looked innocent.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Lana probably had more tool to work with...
    Wagner was upset cuz Walken was giving her career advice ?
    Wagner was upset cuz Walken was giving her career advice ?

He was giving her more than that apparently, @Tracy ;)

I know :P

But Wagner was upset cuz people were nagging re : career advice for her , he wanted to let her decide herself
    I know :P

But Wagner was upset cuz people were nagging re : career advice for her , he wanted to let her decide herself

Or him to decide for her maybe.
    Sounds like jealousy,a perfect emotion for murder or manslaughter.