David Harbour shares a funny deleted scene from QOS

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
in Bond Movies Posts: 3,277
PeyUDOS.png

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 7,568
    He was so good in that film. He gave out a sense of real danger in Beam's character, an undercurrent of suppressed rage. It never came to be, of course, Beam was just a sleaze. But whenever he was on screen you sensed he was about to pull a gun and shoot someone.

Great acting
  • NSGWNSGW London
    I want to see that scene. By party does he mean the one Dominic Greene hosts where we see a quick glimpse of Leiter sitting down?
    NSGW wrote: »
    I want to see that scene. By party does he mean the one Dominic Greene hosts where we see a quick glimpse of Leiter sitting down?

I would imagine so,as Felix was there.

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I think he was excellent in QOS. One of the better things about the movie in fact.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Give me a deluxe edition of this, complete with extras, deleted scenes, and the alternate ending, please. I'll pay whatever the price tag is.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The plane scene with Beam, Leiter, and Greene is excellent. Talking about this reminds me of how unfairly maligned QoS was. I'm glad that over time, it has been reassessed.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Give me a deluxe edition of this, complete with extras, deleted scenes, and the alternate ending, please. I'll pay whatever the price tag is.

Oh yes
    I can’t believe that there is actually deleted stuff from QOS considering its run time, however this gives me hope that because the editing was so rushed on the film originally perhaps there’s a whole bunch of deleted stuff and we could see in an extended cut one day.

Side note
    Is there any deleted stuff from CR that we haven’t seen on the blu ray extras. That we know of I guess.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's funny. Harbour is one of the best things in the film and a big reason why I always put it on a pedestal. He was so effortlessly smarmy, slimy and unscrupulous throughout and was clearly the film's personification of immorality that Bond was facing where he quickly saw first hand how governments could be manipulated to serve any interests that benefitted them. He was also more directly a fantastic foil to Felix, showing the audience how the American James Bond differed in his principles from his criminal partner.

I'm kind of glad that scene was deleted honestly, simply because I think it would've come off as a bit too meta in the film itself. "Oh look, that slimy guy is stealing Bond's introduction!" It would be fun to see as an extra feature on a future disc release, though, alongside the original ending that we deserve to see at some point before we die. Ball's in your court, EON. ;)
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    One of the few redeeming qualities of QoS would be Harbour's acting and therefore his character. Love the talk between him and Felix at that cheap motel. "All I'm saying is you can't trust a damn thing around here!" SMACK! :)) Man, I sure do love the cynicism in this film.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    One of the few redeeming qualities of QoS would be Harbour's acting and therefore his character. Love the talk between him and Felix at that cheap motel. "All I'm saying is you can't trust a damn thing around here!" SMACK! :)) Man, I sure do love the cynicism in this film.

And the amazing cartooinishly American line at the party “ lighten up... your cramping my style”- to Felix
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    One of my favorite things about QoS is how depressed and grumpy Felix is. His face says it all. "Get me out of here!"
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I hate the Gregory Beam character. And that was the point. Funny, too.

Cool story Mr. Harbour shared.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Although, I did read Bond introduced himself with his usual catchphrase in many scenes (I'm assuming the Greene Planet party included) which ended up getting deleted, as well.
  • Well I'll be damned. I totally didn't realize that was him until I saw this thread!!!
    TripAces wrote: »
    The plane scene with Beam, Leiter, and Greene is excellent. Talking about this reminds me of how unfairly maligned QoS was. I'm glad that over time, it has been reassessed.

It is still unfairly maligned nowadays, at least outside the Bond community.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2017 Posts: 7,526
    Well I'll be damned. I totally didn't realize that was him until I saw this thread!!!

Same!! What?? Man, Beam and Hopper are so completely different the guy absolutely disappears in them. Holy hell! Good actor.
    TripAces wrote: »

Agreed. When Beam calls Leiter's bluff about not recognizing Bond the tension is palpable, definitely got that feeling NicNac was talking about in the first post. Great scene.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    QoS is so criminally underrated.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    QoS is so criminally underrated.

There are a lot of us who love it!
    And i'll echo the admiration for Harbour and that great scene on the plane, love his reaction to the turbulence.."Jeez"
    Would really like him to return. And what a pity he didnt get a scene with Craig!