Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    FRWL

NSNA
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FRWL over NSNA. Connery s best vs his weakest.

NSNA over TWINE, the weakest of the bunch.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    FRWL vs. NSNA is one of the absolute no-brainers.

Still, for the second I choose NSNA, also rather easily.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Well, @barryt007, who are we not to accept that Bond winning a fight by means of his urine is so much better than that silly Orient Express fight with Grant? And that shot of Bond and Domino on the horse as they plunge into the water is leaps and bounds better than Russia's rip-off of North By Northwest. Not to mention Connery's Oscar-worthy acting when his career was in the sewer versus his rookie performance in '63. Or Legrand's fabulous score versus that tumultuous chaos John Barry dared to deliver...

Oh gosh ye that fight in Shrublands with the bottle of urine ... and his quip earlier about filling it up from here ... and the motorbike chase with Fatima’s superb maniacal showdown at the end ...

I’m beginning to think I should have changed my vote now 🤔
    Well, @barryt007, who are we not to accept that Bond winning a fight by means of his urine is so much better than that silly Orient Express fight with Grant? And that shot of Bond and Domino on the horse as they plunge into the water is leaps and bounds better than Russia's rip-off of North By Northwest. Not to mention Connery's Oscar-worthy acting when his career was in the sewer versus his rookie performance in '63. Or Legrand's fabulous score versus that tumultuous chaos John Barry dared to deliver...

Oh gosh ye that fight in Shrublands with the bottle of urine ... and his quip earlier about filling it up from here ... and the motorbike chase with Fatima’s superb maniacal showdown at the end ...

Perfectly possible to go back and edit it. This round has only started, and I won t start counting until a few days have passed.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 19,339

You still can Max.
    EDIT: Sorry Thundy I didn’t see your post.
    Perfectly possible to go back and edit it. This round has only started, and I won t start counting until a few days have passed.

I’ll give it some serious thought! 👍

cB9ePKv8M2Ye38_9CrKjQGgLOf9z5PsKS-vIyPeSWf4.jpg?auto=webp&s=647e116b9175b9306dcecbe31f54e59289e90b97

cB9ePKv8M2Ye38_9CrKjQGgLOf9z5PsKS-vIyPeSWf4.jpg?auto=webp&s=647e116b9175b9306dcecbe31f54e59289e90b97

ATAC to St Cyril's

Oh behave! 😉😂😂

FRWL
    and
    NSNA
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    FRWL
    TWINE

Both favourites of mine, NSNA is near the bottom. Easy wins this time around.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    FRWL. Easy.
    TWINE. Not as easy, but still selected by some margin.

There was a time when I actually rated NSNA, but I rarely watch it these days.
    FRWL
    NSNA
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    FRWL and NSNA.
  • FRWL
    &
    TWINE
  • FRWL and TWINE. Both by a significant margin.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    FRWL and TWINE please Thundy.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    FRWL & TWINE
    FRWL & NSNA (I hate Brosnan's soap opera overacting in TWINE.)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Time for the next entry? :)
    FRWL beats NSNA 33-1

TWINE beats NSNA 21-13

Round 120:

TMWTGG vs NSNA

and

FYEO vs QOS
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    TMWTGG
    QoS
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,721
    TMWTGG and FYEO (even though I like QoS a lot - FYEO is one of my favourite Roger films)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Possibly the easiest round I can recall.

TMWTGG
    and
    FYEO

Though QOS is slowly growing on me.
    TMWTGG and FYEO

🎼 Moore, Moore, Moore, that’s how I like it, that’s how I like it ...🎼
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    TMWTGG over NSNA

FYEO over QOS
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    TMWTGG is still the better film despite its obvious flaws. The Barry score alone makes TMWTGG the superior film. Then, of course, there's also the better production design, the iconic villain and the stunt work.

QOS... This is a tough one, really, because FYEO is one of the better Bond films in my opinion, sitting firmly in the upper half. QOS, however, is still climbing higher on my list. That positive vibe is why I've picked QOS.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    TMWTGG over NSNA

FYEO over QOS
    TMWTGG
    AND
    QOS (Though I do like FYEO a lot!)